1.    #1  
    Sorry if this is a repost I could not find this in the search.

Is there a Microsoft Office suite for the WebOS like Windows Mobile has? If not, what word processing/spreadsheet applications are available or is bundled with it?

Thanks
    This has been discussed
    extensively. Not sure how you
    searched and didn't find anything.

Right now. All we have is google
    docs and even that doesn't
    work right on the pre.

Dataviz is suppose to be
    releasing a solution, but that
    has been merely a promise
    since the launch of the phone.
  3. pb
    ...and in December, I saw a web post that someone managed to get Dataviz Docs2Go to work on a Pre but there was no information as to which version that was. Great pity. My version did not.

Has anyone out there tried the Docs2Go route on Classic?

pb

> Dataviz to release a solution
    The reason this has been discussed extensively is because it is of great interest to so many of Pre users. I have only had my Pre since January 25, 2010, but I've been watching the Docs2Go situation since June 2009. It is a good thing to continue bringing it up. If Dataviz starts to think "well, the interest in this is dying among Pre users..." then we'll never get it! The Dataviz viewers are very limited (any patches that might allow zooming or rotation...particularly for the lousy PDF viewer?).

So, bring it on Pre users! Talk it up...keep in contact with Dataviz. This is one of my biggest complaints...other than not having a good Robodefense tower type game (my second favorite thing about the DROID )
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockbeast View Post
    The reason this has been discussed extensively is because it is of great interest to so many of Pre users. I have only had my Pre since January 25, 2010, but I've been watching the Docs2Go situation since June 2009. It is a good thing to continue bringing it up. If Dataviz starts to think "well, the interest in this is dying among Pre users..." then we'll never get it! The Dataviz viewers are very limited (any patches that might allow zooming or rotation...particularly for the lousy PDF viewer?).

So, bring it on Pre users! Talk it up...keep in contact with Dataviz. This is one of my biggest complaints...other than not having a good Robodefense tower type game (my second favorite thing about the DROID )

So what word processing and spreadsheet software do Pre users have available to them?
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple xXx View Post
    So what word processing and spreadsheet software do Pre users have available to them?
    As has been stated, the only two routes right now are Docs2Go on Classic and Google Docs. Unless you have a lot of purchased PalmOS apps, the first option is not attractive, as Classic costs $30. The second option doesn't work all that well, and you have to save your documents in Google Docs. I really miss having Pocket Excel (and to a lesser extent, Word) after being on WinMO for 3 years. I used Docs2Go years ago on a Sony CLIE, and really liked it. Hopefully their WebOS product will not be vaporware. But if Palm doesn't release file access APIs, it will be useless.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Grabber5.0 View Post
    As has been stated, the only two routes right now are Docs2Go on Classic and Google Docs. Unless you have a lot of purchased PalmOS apps, the first option is not attractive, as Classic costs $30. The second option doesn't work all that well, and you have to save your documents in Google Docs. I really miss having Pocket Excel (and to a lesser extent, Word) after being on WinMO for 3 years. I used Docs2Go years ago on a Sony CLIE, and really liked it. Hopefully their WebOS product will not be vaporware. But if Palm doesn't release file access APIs, it will be useless.
    This is crazy! Doesn't Palm understand that a majority of new Pre users will be coming from Windows Mobile? Silly that they don't have a decent word processing app and a spreadsheet app......

It's been a while since I have used Docs2Go. Just called DataViz, no specific release date on the full editing version of Documents 2 Go.
    Last edited by Triple xXx; 03/04/2010 at 09:13 AM.
  8. pb
    Docs2Go on Classic - can someone tell me which version works in Classic? My version does not and I assume this is because it is an older version. I would be MOST GRATEFUL if someone could tell me which version they have managed to get going on Classic.... (in anticipation :-)

pb