1.    #1  
    Not to long ago there was an app they put out that could hide pics in a secure folder or something to that effect. Not sure if I saw it on App Scoop or the normal store and have had no luck finding it. Can anyone tell me what it was called or link me to it? Thanks!
  2.    #2  
    bump
    As far as I can remember, there isn't a way or app to do that yet.

Sry
    Quote Originally Posted by solodarkprince View Post
    Not to long ago there was an app they put out that could hide pics in a secure folder or something to that effect. Not sure if I saw it on App Scoop or the normal store and have had no luck finding it. Can anyone tell me what it was called or link me to it? Thanks!
    There wasn't an app, but there was a thread that told you how to do it. "Private Pic". I've provided a link to the post. Hopefully that helps.
    HAHAHAHAHA! LOL-- I know why you're doing this, and my wife sure wishes I would find a way to do it too.

Damn that's funny.
    Quote Originally Posted by solodarkprince View Post
    There is an app in the preware called PhotoSafe

its only released for US and cost $0.99, its been there for a few weeks at least as i stumbled acrross it and wouldnt mind a release to Europe

7.    #7  
    Yeah they just put it back out today worth every penny just bought it! On app scoop.
    photosafe is in appscoop right now, towards the bottom.
    I think it's a mac thing but if you have Internalz installed you can access the .Trashes folder and get to photos and videos that you have deleted via USB. I don't believe deleted items show up in the .Trashes folder if you delete items from your phone. The .Trashes folder is at /media/internal/ in Internalz.

So bottom line is that you can go into this .Trashes folder and get to movies and pictures that are there that don't show up in the phone
    I can't find Photosafe in either Appscoop or Preware.
    Always pimpin' PunnyShirts.com
    Can anyone explain to me why/how this works?

I know it does work, just curious what it is the tells photo/music/etc app to not look at the .***** . I have an idea that I am thinking could be a simple home brew fix, but I would have to play with the idea and first understand what it is that is telling the app to not look in a certain folder.

Without getting to in depth, I am thinking this could be used to actually setup a "private" password protected folder structure like Palm OS had for certain groupings of data.
    Quote Originally Posted by sveilien View Post
    I can't find Photosafe in either Appscoop or Preware.
    Photosafe is in the app catalog Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.
    Photosafe works great as an encryption app. I wish they had options so you could move the photo back to your regular photos folder or a way to email/sms them from the app. In the end it goes in there and there are no other options except delete unless I'm missing something in the app.
    Haven't used the app, but e-mail the Dev, isn't that app made by the same guy that does Notes? He has been very responsive to e-mails on Notes with not just assistance but info on future updates.
    Couldn't you make a folder tha starts with a dot (.) and put them there?

Something like /.miscphotos/

I thought that prevents the photos app from "seeing" them....
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Couldn't you make a folder tha starts with a dot (.) and put them there?

Something like /.miscphotos/

I thought that prevents the photos app from "seeing" them....
    That's kinda the basis of my thought..... it works, but I think it could be built on and I have some ideas. Just trying to see if anyone can tell me why/how it works that it hides it.

Depending on the level that the "hiding" works at I think I could actually develop a tool that would allow for those private categories like Palm OS did, but giving the functionality of a fully (or at least partially functioning app). I don't mind using internalz, but I think I have a better concept that may or may not enhance and/or eliminate the need for internalz for this function.

Then there is the thought that depending on how the file system functions, there is potential for this being an actual app cat app and not just home brew. If it doesn't require custom calls (once again depending on how the .******* functions) this could be made into something that could be submitted to the app cat.

I do have enough reasons to think it's possible and I have the ability to execute this concept. Just was looking for a little reasoning before I assume that I understand how the webos file system functions (I am still learning about linux in general..... 25+ years learning about MS (DOS/Windows) has led to a lot of assumptions that don't exist in linux.