Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I may be lost or something but is there a app or way to password protect just your pictures and videos on the palm pre??
    nope
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    I know one of the hombrew creators can make one im surprised they havent, would probably make some good money off of it, i know i would pay.
    I picked up PhotoSafe via the web distributions gallery- it password protects photos, not sure of videos.

http://www.precentral.net/app-gallery/web/photosafe

Palm USA | Palm webOS Applications | Mobile apps that go further.

only 99 cents, it's worth it! Check it out!
    Global Posts
    6 Global Posts
    excellent thank you.
    Problem with Photosafe, from what I have read, is that once the pictures are encrypted, they can't be decrypted and sent or removed in any fashion other than deleting them. You can't email them, MMS them, or anything like that. I am assuming that would change in a future update, but not at this point.
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Problem with Photosafe, from what I have read, is that once the pictures are encrypted, they can't be decrypted and sent or removed in any fashion other than deleting them. You can't email them, MMS them, or anything like that. I am assuming that would change in a future update, but not at this point.
    Anyone encounter this problem? I'd be interested in photosafe but not if the above is true?
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    I can't confirm it myself as I don't have the app. But as I was considering buying it this morning that is the information that I read in the reviews from other users who have bought and are using the app. Just FYI.
    This is true! Once encrypted, the photos are only avialable to view (including zoom and rotate.) The pix on the app can not be moved out of the app or shared via email or text.

The app serves the purpose of hiding photos with a passcode, but for 99cents...I'll take that!
    Email is available now from within the app. If you wish to download a desktop client supposedly you can decrypt and export albums - I haven't verified this.
    Photo safe seems to crap out with the majority of photos, at least on a Pre Minus.

WebOS really needs to have privacy built in, like Palm OS had from the start with memos. The file services should handle this.

The other hacks include renaming the files, or flipping a few bits, etc.
    KA1
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Prism/Digital Link->Treo 650->Treo 700p->Pre->GSM Unlocked Pre 2 (wifi only)->FrankenPre + Touchpad 32 ->+ Touchpad 4G ATT + ATT Pre3 + 64 White Touchpad... bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by ka1 View Post
    Photo safe seems to crap out with the majority of photos, at least on a Pre Minus.

I have not seen this but did you read the app help? Files over 1MB will be resized. You are advised to use files 512KB and smaller.