Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    It has to be a cookie or something that is hosed. I had the prev version (worked fine-but sucked) upgraded fine and it works ok. A couple of friends just installed the updated version (never had the original) and can't login.

I'll see if I can find the cookie or cache that is hosing things up....
    Thanks. Partial reset did the trick. (What a long way around what's probably a simple error.)
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    I'm passing on the part. reset as well too much to go throuh to get phone back to where I want it, when I did the 1.4 update I uninstalled all the homebrew apps reboot phone then reinstalled homebrew apps everything worked but facebook, I'm thinking a fix will come along soon.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Seeing it on a client's phone right now... Very odd.. He never had the old facebook app either.
    How do I do the partial reset, specifically? I'm a tech-illiterate.
    Is that going to erase all my contacts and/or pictures or message threads?
    Thank you!
    I see no reason why in the devil I should have to do a partial reset when I can download other apps, everything else is running, and on top of that installing a "NEW" version of a PALM application into my only "app approved" phone! Like someone else said, it takes too much time for something that probably is only marginally better. Anyway, I think Palm should do something about this, its their own app, and there are too many folks with similar problems. Just my rant, sorry.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    not sure its palm or facebook, I think the homebrew apps might have blocked something, just like when your getting an update u have to remove them all. I probably could have made that one of my first install before I started adding the homebrew apps. I'm not a big facebook user, but it would be nice to have, I'll wait it out.
    Anyone have luck with this without doing a partial reset?
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    ok, I bit the bullet :-) I had no choice, I was trying to install other apps from app store and kept getting install failed etc. so I had to do a partial reset. It turned out to not being bad at all. It does not delete pictures or music, and when I set backup the phone, I use the old palm profile email address (make sure you have your old profile email before you do it, u will need it) call history and text message history is gone (no big deal to me) if to you take screen shots. FaceBook works great!
    Quote Originally Posted by compnetbobby View Post
    Anyone have luck with this without doing a partial reset?
    Anyone got any ideas? I do dont wanna go through that pain in the *** all over. I had to do it last week.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

Palm Pre- > HTC EVO 3D > HTC One X > Samsung GSIII

If any of my posts help you please thank me!!
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I too am looking for a fix without wiping my phone, partially or not. Could try removing all the patches and see if that fixes it. If not, then it must be some screwy entry in a file somewhere.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    trust me, its not bad at all, the software upgrade now has an option where you can do a partial reset that leaves pictures and videos and when you setup the phone from scratch all you need is your original email you set the phone up with. example your gmail, yahoo or hotmail. then it loads your contacts and other email accounts. I made sure I setup the phone with a gmail account, which I can update and it syncs to phone and when I load back that gmail it pulls all my data right back down. I was up and running in 10 minutes. It was not a bad experience at all.
    sorry. I'm lazy. I aint doing nothing.

how can I go back to face book 1.1 or whatever it was?
    UPDTE:

My FB app started to work after a few hours ago! Try again before you re-load the OS on the phone! Maybe login servers was to busy? I dunno!
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

LOL Guess I spoke to soon. Now it stop working. Oh well.
    SGIII SOON! (ATT)

I did a partial reset, and it deleted all my contacts, and when I synced my Palm Profile I still can't get them back. The Facebook app works now... and its great.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rudementry View Post
    I did a partial reset, and it deleted all my contacts, and when I synced my Palm Profile I still can't get them back. The Facebook app works now... and its great.
    you must have used another email address. its very important you use the same email address you set the phone up with the first time in order to get all your data back (contacts emails). I use gmail cause I can add info via gmail web and it syncs to phone. And I was able to get outlook contacts to my gmail then to my pre so cool! partical reset only reset apps mine went real smooth, I was not a big fan of it but they made it way better. pictures and songs (I have over 200 songs on phone) and video stay on phone.
    Global Posts
    125 Global Posts
    folks were posting on think link regarding not able to sign in at all pre f/b app stays on sign on screen. entered the correct email address and password (verified, I'm able to sign on on the net no issues as well as phone browser) but not on fb app on pre. Issue resolved by doing part. reset on phone, another method might be to root the pre and know how to clear out the fb cookie,
    Quote Originally Posted by arcolino View Post
    you must have used another email address. its very important you use the same email address you set the phone up with the first time in order to get all your data back (contacts emails). I use gmail cause I can add info via gmail web and it syncs to phone. And I was able to get outlook contacts to my gmail then to my pre so cool! partical reset only reset apps mine went real smooth, I was not a big fan of it but they made it way better. pictures and songs (I have over 200 songs on phone) and video stay on phone.
    I definitely didn't use a different Email. I got all my paid Apps back. I only have one Palm Profile, and I only typed in my Email once. Also, I've doctored and such before, and used the same Email and got my contacts back, so I have no idea what is up. It might have something to do with the 40+ patches I have, or the 800Mhz Kernal, or countless other stuff I've done to my phone.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast