Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Well, I just installed PreWare via WOSQI, and loaded some apps, and about a dozen patches. After installing my last patch and restarting luna, whenever I launch PreWare, I get a "memory critical" notification and my Pre either locks up and reboots or shuts down and won't power on until I do a battery pull. Any help? Thanks.
    This is happening to me as well and I'm ready to throw this POS across the room.

Even after a restart, or a battery pull (if you can get one to work successfully) it still freezes and the "memory critical" thing comes up when NO CARDS ARE VISIBLE
    yeah this was happening to me as well. I had to uninstall my preware app... and now Im trying to install it back.. Ill see if it works.....
    Same here Please help cause i dont wanna have to throw it across the room.
    Quote Originally Posted by PreGk View Post
    Well, I just installed PreWare via WOSQI, and loaded some apps, and about a dozen patches. After installing my last patch and restarting luna, whenever I launch PreWare, I get a "memory critical" notification and my Pre either locks up and reboots or shuts down and won't power on until I do a battery pull. Any help? Thanks.
    had that and had to doctor my phone lol
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    That's terrible news. I gave up on Preware/homebrew/patches for a couple months and my Pre has been problem free, great batt life,etc. The first day I revisit PreWare and patches (mainly for the video flashlight patch) and I'm having trouble. Hope I don't have to Dr.
    i had to doctor mine as well for the same reason
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    why did you guys have to Dr.? To get Preware working or your device wouldn't work correctly? I'm going to delete Preware now and hope for the best.
    well its either gnu patch or diffstat patch thats messing up it shows that they install but it does not register that they are there and asks to install again but when you look in device management they are there . this is nuts!!
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    having same issue and its driving me mad! my phone is completely stuck
    heh.. imagine getting to the point you want to stomp the ***** out of your phone.

I can't even doctor it. had to put the Pre into restore mode just to get it to connect to my pc. first time, the Doctor ran fine and stalled at 4%. second time, it connected ok but showed "disconnected" after 10 seconds.

this just started today. my worry is the new webOS update was going nuts in the background before I had a chance to get rid of all my patches.

so yeah. the phone boots up to "memory critical, too many cards" and there are no cards even visible.
    I posted this in another thread.

FIX For WebOSQuickInstall / Preware - Critical Memory and Too Many Cards Open

Guys I found this on another thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html

Member tmm0f5 posted this fix and it has fixed all of my issues with WOSQI/Preware.

Figured it out....

Open WebOS Quick Install. With phone attached go to Tools then Linux Commandline.

Type:

ls -l /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists

It will list some files. Find the one that is very large. Mine was precentral. Then type (using precentral as the example):

rm /media/cryptofs/apps/usr/lib/ipkg/lists/precentral
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chadrudolph View Post
    heh.. imagine getting to the point you want to stomp the ***** out of your phone.

I can't even doctor it. had to put the Pre into restore mode just to get it to connect to my pc. first time, the Doctor ran fine and stalled at 4%. second time, it connected ok but showed "disconnected" after 10 seconds.

this just started today. my worry is the new webOS update was going nuts in the background before I had a chance to get rid of all my patches.

so yeah. the phone boots up to "memory critical, too many cards" and there are no cards even visible.
    Imagine not running patches for a couple months and having your Pre run great, then trying patches again from a fresh start on 1.4 and having it crash the he!! outta your Pre when you are away from home and cannot do anything about it. I think I'm going to retire altogether from the patch/homebrew scene, just don't have any luck with it.
    Global Posts
    570 Global Posts
    I have also had some problems...i am assuming it is preware/patch related.

the last few days after installing 1.4, my pre will just lock up and reboot itself. It has happened twice. Both times, it was when I was waking the phone. I try to turn the screen on and it won't turn on...like 10 sec later it reboots
    i fixed it (on a pixi) by uninstalling and reinstalling preware and package manager service.
    Global Posts
    631 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmNSH View Post
    I posted this in another thread.

FIX For WebOSQuickInstall / Preware - Critical Memory and Too Many Cards Open

Guys I found this on another thread.

http://forums.precentral.net/2262418-post22.html

Member tmm0f5 posted this fix and it has fixed all of my issues with WOSQI/Preware.
    Ok, this seems to have fixed it for me. Hope it doesn't break again. Any idea what caused this?
    Global Posts
    253 Global Posts
    Same thing was happening to me! all I did was opened WebOS Quick Install, uninstalled package manager service and Preware and then reinstalled them both and seems to be working just fine now!

Hope it works for you too... I have two buddies, one with a Pre and the other with a Pixi and will try this out for them too!
    Palm m515 } Moto Q9c } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } Palm Pre } bought a Palm Pre off of Ebay } that died } downgraded to an HTC EVO 4G } holding out hope for another WebOS device (also Preordered a Touchpad and have had it ever since the first day it came out!)