Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21
  1.    #1  
    Whever I tap a link in a story, the URL comes up as expected. I tap on it, it turns grey, then locks up Scoop. Browser never opens.

    Anyone else seeing this?

    I'd post on Twitter, but I've not a twitter account.

    Actually, just noticed that even the three links in the Help screen (Support Website, Tweet, eMail) do nothing when tapped... I've got version 0.9.2 on WebOS 1.4 (Sprint)
  2. #2  
    yup, same here just trying menu option to go to original story...... Fail! hope its fixed soon
    Christo

    "it's not the quantity, but the quality"

    There are NO Limits
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by christo1970 View Post
    yup, same here just trying menu option to go to original story...... Fail! hope its fixed soon
    Thanks for the confirmation.

    Help us Pivotal Labs!! I will forgive the occasional but annoying "\n" error, if you fix us up!! I'm having news withdrawls.
  4. #4  
    I'm having same issue. I can read the initial summary of the article, but, if I try to View Original or send to email, etc...any of the options I really want to use, it freezes the application.
  5. #5  
    I told them about it and they are working on it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by IcerC View Post
    I told them about it and they are working on it.
    Faboo.
  7. autochef's Avatar
    Posts
    16 Posts
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    #7  
    Where does one send such bugs? Since links don't work from their program anymore, I can't link to the support site...I'm having trouble swiping between feed items now as well. Their actual website is horrible. Is it even possible to contact them without using twitter?
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by autochef View Post
    Where does one send such bugs? Since links don't work from their program anymore, I can't link to the support site...I'm having trouble swiping between feed items now as well. Their actual website is horrible. Is it even possible to contact them without using twitter?
    Scoop by Pivotal Labs

    They have a Twitter link. I don't Twitter.

    I think they have a support address @ scoop-support@pivotallabs.com.

    IcerC told them about it, but I don't see any updates on their Twitter feed or anything, so who knows.
  9. #9  
    Yep. Waiting for a fix too.
  10. #10  
    Still waiting for a fix...I use this app all the time but this error is obnoxious.
  11. #11  
    Anyone with twitter tweet em. more the merrier.
    I called them and they are aware of the problem. No eta though.
    Last edited by IcerC; 03/04/2010 at 01:49 PM.

    Selling my Palm things: just make an offer: http://forums.webosnation.com/market...nd-offers.html
  12. #12  
    do I need to find a new app? I'm getting pretty tired of not being sble to use this...I use it all the time.
  13. #13  
    Yeah I already moved on to Feeds Free. Does the same as Scoop. The only difference between Feeds Free and the paid app is no ads (they're unobtrusive so no big deal), no notifications (I am subscribed to so many feeds if I got notification of them all I'd go crazy), and no offline storage (why would I want to junk up the memory on my Pre+?).

    Scoop has already been deleted.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by cwlarsen30 View Post
    do I need to find a new app? I'm getting pretty tired of not being sble to use this...I use it all the time.
    I got an eMail back from Pivotal Labs. They said they are working on it, but blame in on something Palm has done.

    They suggested that some people have deleted the app and redownloaded it to get it working again. I tried that, and nothing changed.
  15. #15  
    Add me to the list of users who are experiencing scoop freezing. I tried deleting it and reinstalling but it didn't help. Thanks for the posts. I've moved on to using FeedsFree
  16. amjz's Avatar
    Posts
    451 Posts
    Global Posts
    453 Global Posts
    #16  
    same problem here!
    hey should fix this as this app is a must have ..
  17.    #17  
    I'm getting a little impatient waiting for the fix... Plus, the description in the app catalog says that 0.9.3 fixes 1.4 incompatibilities when the latest version is 0.9.2.

    This experience has left a bad taste in my mouth, and I will certainly think twice before purchasing another Pivotal Labs product.
  18.    #18  
    For those still waiting, it looks like PL knows the wrong version was pushed, but that's it. Nothing about working on a fix w/ Palm or an ETA or anything...

    It seems 0.9.2 was republished. We don't know what happened to 0.9.3.
    Pivotal Scoop (scoop) on Twitter

    I question any company that uses Twitter (or Facebook) for their support avenue. Not what one would call useful...
  19. stbxxl's Avatar
    Posts
    513 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #19  
    I just got an email from Pivotal Labs: Apparently something went wrong when they submitted v0.9.3 with the WebOS 1.4 fixes. So they submitted v0.9.4 (which is identical to v0.9.3). As soon as Palm has completed the review process it should appear in the catalog.

    I hope this happens soon.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by STBXXL View Post
    I just got an email from Pivotal Labs: Apparently something went wrong when they submitted v0.9.3 with the WebOS 1.4 fixes. So they submitted v0.9.4 (which is identical to v0.9.3). As soon as Palm has completed the review process it should appear in the catalog.

    I hope this happens soon.
    Good to hear, thanks!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions