Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Just installed 1.4 and planning to update my patches via Preware AUPT.

When I hit "update feeds" to download all the patch packages the app will begin loading the optware feeds and never move on. The program stops trying to download altogether (no outgoing communication to speak of). In addition there are no installed feeds listed under the Preferences | Feeds menu.

On exiting and restarting I get the usual "checking package manager version" freeze caused by interrupting the 'download'. Java restart fixes this, however the packages will still not update and the cycle continues.

Anyone else having these troubles? I would assume the servers are overrun, but continuous timeouts like these tell me there's something else to this.

I've updated Preware to v.0.9.24. My last package update was the 14th.

Edit: WebOS Quick Install cannot download feeds, either! What's going on here? BTW I'm using EV for feed updating on the phone and a school network for wOSQI updating; it shouldn't be network firewall protection causing the issue.
    Last edited by XGC75; 02/27/2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: update
    Duuuuuuude i thought i was the only one too......... wow, whats going on??

Im using wifi which is supposed to be hella alot faster but it doesnt make a

difference... it just freezes on loading/ updating feeds. I really need to get my

patches back... i hope that i didnt mess up and was supposed to remove all my

patches first before the download, cuz everyone said its fine if you dont remove

the patches for this update.
    webos-internals servers are down due to the volume of downloaders... we'll just have to be patient... on the bright side, looks like the popularity of webos and patching is at an all time high.
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    webos-internals servers are down due to the volume of downloaders... we'll just have to be patient... on the bright side, looks like the popularity of webos and patching is at an all time high.
    +1

That's a fact. Just wait for a little while.
    Global Posts
    145 Global Posts
    That makes sense - I did my 1.4 update around 1am and PREWARE feeds loaded just fine - but I updated my wife's around 10:00am and can't get PREWARE to load
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
    Just installed 1.4 and planning to update my patches via Preware AUPT.

When I hit "update feeds" to download all the patch packages the app will begin loading the optware feeds and never move on. The program stops trying to download altogether (no outgoing communication to speak of). In addition there are no installed feeds listed under the Preferences | Feeds menu.

On exiting and restarting I get the usual "checking package manager version" freeze caused by interrupting the 'download'. Java restart fixes this, however the packages will still not update and the cycle continues.

Anyone else having these troubles? I would assume the servers are overrun, but continuous timeouts like these tell me there's something else to this.

I've updated Preware to v.0.9.24. My last package update was the 14th.

Edit: WebOS Quick Install cannot download feeds, either! What's going on here? BTW I'm using EV for feed updating on the phone and a school network for wOSQI updating; it shouldn't be network firewall protection causing the issue.
    You're not the only one. The servers are no doubt under tremendous demand right now which is making it very difficult for any patch updates and feed updates to occur.

Luckily it's the weekend so I'll probably spend much of today and tomorrow just getting the update done and completely tweaked the way I like it!

-------------------------------------------------------
    UPDATE: By late yesterday afternoon I was finally able to download all of my patches. One of them (Default Monthly Calendar View) was acting screwy so I removed it and then reinstalled it and it worked beautifully. As for the rest of my patches they have all behaved really well (except for hide NASCAR App and hide NFL app).
    Last edited by BenRagunton; 02/28/2010 at 11:52 AM. Reason: Update
    Quote Originally Posted by luigidk View Post
    That makes sense - I did my 1.4 update around 1am and PREWARE feeds loaded just fine - but I updated my wife's around 10:00am and can't get PREWARE to load
    Yeah I was lucky and did it early too. About 2:00AM CST so there was low traffic.
    *whew* I thought I did something wrong, but I have the same problem. Kept turning off feeds but it would just get stuck on the next one. I guess I'll wait until later in the day and try again. Just glad I'm not the only one with the downloading feeds spinning circle of death.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Alright, makes me feel much better to know it wasn't me

I can be patient. Can you imagine what it must be like to be the sysadmin when this patch architecture was decided on?? Man, this guy's got my kudos!
    I gave up on preware. I am using WebOS Quick Install and updating my patches. Question: I am getting "error installing" errors on most of the patches. There have been a few updates and one "dummy file package" but most are receiving errors. Anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by XGC75 View Post
    Man, this guy's got my kudos!
    +1 to rwhitby and webos internals
    Quote Originally Posted by remmysmom View Post
    I gave up on preware. I am using WebOS Quick Install and updating my patches. Question: I am getting "error installing" errors on most of the patches. There have been a few updates and one "dummy file package" but most are receiving errors. Anyone else?
    Preware and webOS QI feed from the SAME place, so you will more than likely have the same issues regardless unless you wait to update them, just be patient seriously.
    Maybe if more of us donated, they could afford more bandwidth/server capacity! I just donated again since AUPT worked like a charm! Saved me an hour of manually reinstalling patches!
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    I'm glad I checked this thread out. The delay makes a lot of sense now.
    Well, my AUPT didn't seem to work at all. None of my patches work, and Preware doesn't seem to have any updates for me. Am I going to have to delete all my patches and reinstall again? This sucks.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Maybe if more of us donated, they could afford more bandwidth/server capacity! I just donated again since AUPT worked like a charm! Saved me an hour of manually reinstalling patches!
    +1

There are approximately 25,000? Preware users, think if everyone donated $1.
    if you turn off the feeds app catalog and app catalog updates feeds it may work for you . just sayin
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by Gefv09 View Post
    Well, my AUPT didn't seem to work at all. None of my patches work, and Preware doesn't seem to have any updates for me. Am I going to have to delete all my patches and reinstall again? This sucks.
    Did you not read any of the posts? The servers are having HIGH traffic so you need to be patient. Try LATER and I bet when it settles down you WILL have updates and see that AUPT did work. Come on.
    Global Posts
    69 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mjkjr View Post
    Did you not read any of the posts? The servers are having HIGH traffic so you need to be patient. Try LATER and I bet when it settles down you WILL have updates and see that AUPT did work. Come on.
    I agree. Checked Preware early this morning and the AUPT worked like a charm.
    He's right, i ran preware right after the update this morning before most users were awake and it worked fine. Wont seem to load now. Be patient. Most problems users face are usually solved within a few days after a webOS update.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast