Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    YES! This would be AWESOME!!!!

I suggested something like this, but Dieter shot me down. .

He confessed that there aren't enough people with WebOS for this to be practical.

That obviously means he doesn't think us (his loyal followers on the PC) to be worth it.

*Puts Dieter on the spot*

Is the BBM just another messaging platform like AIM but specifically for BB users? Or does it work more like text messaging? A quick scan of the webpage makes me think its like an AIM kind of client for Blackberrys only. Why is there such a huge hype about "being able to contact internationally for free".

I do that daily with MSN Messenger...
    lol. I don't know if there are enough yet and I personally don't like the idea of messaging clients being platform specific (cf my rants about BBM). All that said, this app is completely awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    lol. I don't know if there are enough yet and I personally don't like the idea of messaging clients being platform specific (cf my rants about BBM). All that said, this app is completely awesome.
    It's optional though. It's just like another thing that could be on there. It's not like we're limiting ourselves to just MojoMessenger, we'd be using it to communicate with other Palm webOS users, which could actually be really nifty for someone like a developer who needs to talk to another developer(if circumstances come down to not being able to text/call/message/etc.)
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    I hope it goes to every platform, cause I'd love to have something like BBM
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spdsktr View Post
    I dunno how I missed this, it's looks awesome! I was on the Countdown beta, but I guess you are not using the same beta list?
    Sorry, I used a new list!

I'll include you in the next version.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dieter Bohn View Post
    ...All that said, this app is completely awesome.
    Can't argue with that!
    this could potentialy be huge. Being able to message all my friends with palm, apple, android, and bb phones without a 160 character cap would be awesome!!!
    Hey hey, the new beta is great, and I see a post which sounds good, the Palmcast should start pulling user questions from this app. Probably make a room for PalmCast Lightning round and pour the questions in there. It really does make us feel special.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LupeValenz View Post
    Hey hey, the new beta is great, and I see a post which sounds good, the Palmcast should start pulling user questions from this app. Probably make a room for PalmCast Lightning round and pour the questions in there. It really does make us feel special.

That's kind of a cool idea. I'll work on it later.

Also, I'm going to be slowing down on the beta invites. I'm sitting at 35+ testers and that is good for now. I'll let you guys know if I need more, or if I release it to the palm beta feed.

EDIT: Just got 40th beta member. I will NOT be allowing any more people in for now. I need to make sure the app runs smoothly before increasing beta size. Sorry to anyone who didn't make it and don't worry, I'll accept more people soon.
    Last edited by Tibfib; 06/01/2010 at 04:50 PM. Reason: No longer accepting beta users
    I would like to get in on this...what is the procedure? please email me or dm me on Twitter under: TeckieGirl...I am TeckieGirl40. Just tell me where to sign up
    FOLLOW ME
    http://twitter.com/TeckieGirl
    TeckieGirl Official website
    [url]http://www.TeckieGirl.com
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TeckieGirl40 View Post
    I would like to get in on this...what is the procedure? please email me or dm me on Twitter under: TeckieGirl...I am TeckieGirl40. Just tell me where to sign up
    I'm not taking any more testers for now but you can send me an email at tibfib1[at]gmail[dot]com and I'll add you to the list when the app is ready.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Some new screenshots:

Global Posts
    610 Global Posts
    I'm in the screenshots! Amazing!
    so the group chat thing looks cool and makes this really cool depending on how it works. Can we make our own rooms with our own preferred contacts?
    You should bold or italicize so you can tell the difference between the senders name and message.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    We always prefer that people donate in response to tangible items they can use today, rather than for intangible promises about the future that may or may not be possible to achieve.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    so the group chat thing looks cool and makes this really cool depending on how it works. Can we make our own rooms with our own preferred contacts?
    Yep (coming soon.)

Quote Originally Posted by Jakeeeee View Post
    You should bold or italicize so you can tell the difference between the senders name and message.
    About to do that now
    What about like a mini profile? Like mini bio. 250 char max. Picture, and mood?
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    What about like a mini profile? Like mini bio. 250 char max. Picture, and mood?
    Nice idea, I'll work on it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    Nice idea, I'll work on it.
    Thank you!

Oh and to get to the profile, you'd just be able to click on their avatar.
    Last edited by Addyc; 06/01/2010 at 11:06 PM.
    When ever i try and load a room it just stays on loading forever. The ev logo flashes like it is trying to collect data. but nothing happens. anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by graffix31 View Post
    When ever i try and load a room it just stays on loading forever. The ev logo flashes like it is trying to collect data. but nothing happens. anyone else?
    Just write something. After your first post, they'll all load.