Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    in response to the chat colors how about blue and purple? or grey and a color like grey and blue
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I'm getting pretty close to releasing the beta. Those that have already signed up for testing should get an email this evening or tomorrow. Others can sign up by emailing me at tibfib1[at]gmail.com, by sending me a message via Contact | Tibfib WebOS Applications, or by PMing me. Or if you don't mind, you can just wait for the public beta in a couple weeks.
    Hey, Great app, looking forward to it.

Alot of members are suggesting names containing pre/palm, but since you want to release it on multiple platforms, i think you should make it a name for all platforms.

Also, I'd like to encourage you to not release it t'ill it's full there. Once an average Joe deletes an app, he's not going to know when it's updated, and won't check. I'd also recommend finding multyplatform developers as soon as possible. Try to release it on the other 3 at the same time, so when web-os users tell their friends they can tell them: it works on android, bb, and iphone so then they tell all their friends. Cause i'm pretty sure iphone already has a messenger for iphone only users, so you adding iphone+ web-os wouldn't be a big deal for most iphone users since they don't have to many friends on web-os. But if it comes out on all 3, then smartphone users will get their friends using it to, and it will spread fairly quickly.

Maybe you could also support windows mobile 6/7... The more platforms you release it on at the same time, the higher the chance of it being successful. Cause with messengers either your really successful, or your not at all. I'm not going to be getting a messenger app that can only be used to talk to /100 of my friends. But if that number goes up to 10/100, 20/100, or 30/100 then the chances of me using it increases, and as i use it more, more of my friends will use it.

web-os only is fine, since there are not current messenger apps, but iphone+web-os wouldn't work on the iphone very well. You can't convince 20 friends to start using a messenger, and convince all their friends to start using a messenger just to get to talk to you, but if it's you, and alot of their other friends, the chance increases.

___ __ __ __ __ ___ ___ ____ ____ ___ ____ __ ___ ___ __
    I know i repeated the same information a fair amount, but wanted to make sure it's clear for everyone.

Anyways looking forward to try the beta...
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nimer55 View Post
    Hey, Great app, looking forward to it.

Also, I'd like to encourage you to not release it t'ill it's full there. Once an average Joe deletes an app, he's not going to know when it's updated, and won't check.
    That's a good point. I will be releasing the app to the beta feeds fairly soon. I won't release it to the catalog until it is ready.

I'd also recommend finding multyplatform developers as soon as possible. Try to release it on the other 3 at the same time, so when web-os users tell their friends they can tell them: it works on android, bb, and iphone so then they tell all their friends. Cause i'm pretty sure iphone already has a messenger for iphone only users, so you adding iphone+ web-os wouldn't be a big deal for most iphone users since they don't have to many friends on web-os. But if it comes out on all 3, then smartphone users will get their friends using it to, and it will spread fairly quickly.

Maybe you could also support windows mobile 6/7... The more platforms you release it on at the same time, the higher the chance of it being successful. Cause with messengers either your really successful, or your not at all. I'm not going to be getting a messenger app that can only be used to talk to /100 of my friends. But if that number goes up to 10/100, 20/100, or 30/100 then the chances of me using it increases, and as i use it more, more of my friends will use it.

web-os only is fine, since there are not current messenger apps, but iphone+web-os wouldn't work on the iphone very well. You can't convince 20 friends to start using a messenger, and convince all their friends to start using a messenger just to get to talk to you, but if it's you, and alot of their other friends, the chance increases.

Anyways looking forward to try the beta...
    Good points. The app is going webOS only for now. Once the webOS app works well and I'll start developing it with phonegap for cross platform.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Sent out beta emails. I also uploaded a new beta video:

[QUOTE=Tibfib;2481691]Sent out beta emails. I also uploaded a new beta video:

when can we expect it in th beta feed, or how do i get a beta email link?
    what is your objective with thid app? Is it just to make an I'm app and protocol for webos with eventual cross platform functionality? Or are you really trying to make a cross platform bbm? If the latter, I think that you really need to slow down and think through some critical marketing details here. Note that marketing here is not referring to advertising as most like to think, but is inclusive of product design, launch strategy, etc. Let me know (via pm) if you need some tips on that end, as it is my professional area of specialty, and I would really like to see a product like this succeed.
    Their BBM style messenger already works on iPhone and Blackberry. Needs WebOS interop! They know a Palm guy and are open to it, but I think they need some help. I can't post emails yet (not enough posts, but it's feedback AT whatsapp.com I think!

Thanks!
    Great! This reminds me to Cnectd, which works on lots of Mobile OS, but not on webOS (it even works on symbian O_o )
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    I've been very interested in a BBM style app since the webOS platform was unveiled... How do u feel the battery life is affected?...and are u able to link a persons Mojo Messenger profile to any other names in our Contacts App?
    Follow me on Twitter : MrKal_El
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I've been very interested in a BBM style app since the webOS platform was unveiled... How do u feel the battery life is affected?...and are u able to link a persons Mojo Messenger profile to any other names in our Contacts App?
    The battery life isn't affected a ton. The app checks for new messages at a rate the user defines.

Contact linking to Mojo Messenger profile is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by jeanjean View Post
    when can we expect it in th beta feed, or how do i get a beta email link?
    Send me an email at tibfib1[at]gmail.com to get into the beta.
    It will be in the beta feed sometime in June. I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

Also, folks that send beta requests via PM, please give me your email address so I can send you the app...
    i emailed whatsapp before about whether they were coming to Webos but they said no.This was before HP but we will see now.Whatsapp is an iphone based program that along iphone users to be on the bbm network

Support@whatsapp.com
    Re: whatsapp for palm pre webos
    Sorry, no.

--
    Take a look at our FAQ: WhatsApp — Faq
    Follow WhatsApp on Twitter: WhatsApp Inc. (WhatsAppInc) on Twitter
    Join WhatsApp on FaceBook: WhatsApp | Facebook

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM, **** <********@hotmail.com> wrote:

Will this application be developed for the Palm Pre webos mobile phone system? If so is there any time frame for its release or do you require more requests for your application?

Thank you
    *************@hotmail.com

i guess you guys could email them and find out if anything has changed
    Quote Originally Posted by ahubbard View Post
    Their BBM style messenger already works on iPhone and Blackberry. Needs WebOS interop! They know a Palm guy and are open to it, but I think they need some help. I can't post emails yet (not enough posts, but it's feedback AT whatsapp.com I think!

Thanks!
    +1

Even though this app looks awesome and very productive, it would also be nice to be able to chat with people outside our network.

Thanks a lot for your hard work
    Quote Originally Posted by mandaman2k View Post
    +1

Even though this app looks awesome and very productive, it would also be nice to be able to chat with people outside our network.

I believe he's going to be porting the app onto all the other platforms, first android, and then BB and Iphone, via PhoneGap.
    The water was cold so I came back <3
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mandaman2k View Post
    +1

I agree 100%. The problem is that I want to be able to do a lot of awesome things with this app but I'd be unable (or it would be very difficult) to do them if working with an already established service run by a company.

Quote Originally Posted by AdmiralRaptor View Post
    I believe he's going to be porting the app onto all the other platforms, first android, and then BB and Iphone, via PhoneGap.
    Yep, that's the plan. That will (hopefully) take place late this summer.
    Beautiful looking app. wish for everything to work out.. been hating on that bbm, all my friends and cuzins have it...Even my woman! watching them all conversate through bbm with their group chats and what not... grrr! Looking forward for this app to go very far!
    Global Posts
    131 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenjo2009 View Post
    i emailed whatsapp before about whether they were coming to Webos but they said no.This was before HP but we will see now.Whatsapp is an iphone based program that along iphone users to be on the bbm network

Re: whatsapp for palm pre webos
    Sorry, no.

--
    Take a look at our FAQ: [url= — Faq[/url]
    Follow WhatsApp on Twitter: [url= Inc. (WhatsAppInc) on Twitter[/url]
    Join WhatsApp on FaceBook: [url= | Facebook[/url]

On Sun, Apr 25, 2010 at 5:09 PM, **** <> wrote:

Will this application be developed for the Palm Pre webos mobile phone system? If so is there any time frame for its release or do you require more requests for your application?

Thank you

i guess you guys could email them and find out if anything has changed

i emailed the whatsapp developer today, and there reply was, focusing on android and nokia right now, but considering a palm app, aswell as windows mobile, as Q3/Q4 project.

and i am greatly looking forward to mojo messenger, but as i do not know anyone else with a webos phone, i have little use at the moment, so i have not applied to beta test.
    if iphone and android follows people who have bbm will follow cause this mean you can chat with anyone from any network and it will replace BBM sooner or later....

MoJo rock!
    Well, if you need to test it, you can reach me as mahootzki.....
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    Shamwow2319
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast