Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 205
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    Tibfib: I wonder if you could get Precentral's blessing on this app. Since most of the people using it will be members of Precentral, it could be called the Precentral Messenger. They might even partner with you / help support your development.
    I bet precentral wouldn't be interested until the app is released, if at all. So we will have to wait and see.
  2. #42  
    I would be very interested in this app, however if possible further IM options such as live messenger would be nice as i'm the only person i know who owns a webos device unlike blackberry devices which every other person owns.

    But id be happy to do some beta testing if u need, also the idea for precentral messenger is a good idea i think.
  3. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by darker9999 View Post
    I would be very interested in this app, however if possible further IM options such as live messenger would be nice as i'm the only person i know who owns a webos device unlike blackberry devices which every other person owns.

    But id be happy to do some beta testing if u need, also the idea for precentral messenger is a good idea i think.
    IM support will come if a decent API is found. I haven't spent a lot of time looking for one but I may start.
  4. #44  
    tibfib how is the app coming?
  5. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #45  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    tibfib how is the app coming?
    Great! Right now I'm polishing up the notification system. Once that is where I want it to be, I'll start cleaning up and debugging the app. When everything is working great, a semi-private beta will begin. I'll update the app according to feedback and then I'll start working on the "advanced" features as well as UI enhancements. I will probably start with file-transfer... but that could be swayed based on user's desires.

    I'll post some screenshots soon.
  6. mfive's Avatar
    Posts
    186 Posts
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    #46  
    I thought about this idea long ago, but never got around to actually putting the idea to work. I'm really glad someone else did!

    I always thought of calling it PPC, or PPM (Palm Pre Chat/Palm Pixi Chat), as a funny spin off of BBM... (and if they come out with phones that don't start with a "P", well than you just default to "Palm Phone Chat" or "Palm phone messenger".
    Palm Pilot -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Pre -> Touchpad
  7. #47  
    sounds like its coming along well, i was wondering if you could give a full feature list and if possible a release date.
    Last edited by darker9999; 04/26/2010 at 03:51 PM.
  8. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by darker9999 View Post
    sounds like its coming along well, i was wondering if you could give a full feature list and if possible a release date.
    I'll give a full feature list when the app is closer to launch, which I hope is by the end of may.
  9. #49  
    How about Palm Messaging Service... P.M.S.

    Childish, i know, but i couldn't resist.
  10. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #50  
    Here's a few screenshots:


    Not a lot of differences from the video, but that's how the app looks as of now. I plan to create a slick nice interface once I get more important things out of the way.
  11. #51  
    It looks great Tib! Looking forward to this.
  12. #52  
    this looks very nice, can't wait
  13. #53  
    Can there please be an option where you can change the color of sent/received backdrops? By backdrops, I mean the green/orange. I'm not a big fan of those two together.. Heh, but it really doesn't bother me. I would just like to have the option.
  14. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #54  
    Quote Originally Posted by Addyc View Post
    Can there please be an option where you can change the color of sent/received backdrops? By backdrops, I mean the green/orange. I'm not a big fan of those two together.. Heh, but it really doesn't bother me. I would just like to have the option.
    Sure I can incorporate something like that. What colors would you prefer?
  15. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #55  
    Cool idea and seems like a nice app. nobody asked this so I guess i'll do

    What about security/privacy issues? you are going to be running this on your servers, how do you address these? will you have access to the IMs, are they going to be encrypted, what kind of uptime? how will messages be delivered to phones, is there possiblity of crosstalk (IMs being delivered to wrong recipients.)

    Thanks

    Alex
  16. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Cool idea and seems like a nice app. nobody asked this so I guess i'll do

    What about security/privacy issues? you are going to be running this on your servers, how do you address these? will you have access to the IMs, are they going to be encrypted, what kind of uptime? how will messages be delivered to phones, is there possiblity of crosstalk (IMs being delivered to wrong recipients.)

    Thanks

    Alex
    Passwords and usernames in the db will be hashed (on to-do list). Messages will be secured similarly.

    I'm also putting in security checks for every time you try to access the server/db.

    There's not really a possibility of crosstalk. Users download messages from their own "database".

    Any other questions?
  17. kalex's Avatar
    Posts
    253 Posts
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    #57  
    Thanks for reply. Will you or anybody else have access to the raw data stored in the database? will the database be encrypted? it might be a good idea to have an FAQ on your site that addresses this as i'm sure there will be questions about privacy/security for these kind of apps. Good luck though as the app looks pretty neat
  18. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by kalex View Post
    Thanks for reply. Will you or anybody else have access to the raw data stored in the database? will the database be encrypted? it might be a good idea to have an FAQ on your site that addresses this as i'm sure there will be questions about privacy/security for these kind of apps. Good luck though as the app looks pretty neat
    I and I alone will have access to the data BUT it will all be hashed so I won't be able to tell what anything is.

    That's a good idea, I'll put up a faq. Thanks!
  19. #59  
    I'm very excited about this!! Looks GREAT!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  20. #60  
    Cool looking, app can't wait for the release. I'm definitely interested in the beta too! PM me for it when its ready?
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions