Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 205
Like Tree1Likes
  1. #21  
    who or what will be serving these chatrooms?

    which backbone will the chat servers be using?
  2. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    if this can be a cross platform with my BBM friends that would be AWESOME

    As an aside though, what benefit does this have between GTalk/AIM? Does it have ability for attachment?
    I'll work on getting it on blackberry, but that will probably be one of the last platforms.

    Gtalk/AIM on the pre will kill your battery. This will use the mojo messaging service, which means it should decrease the battery at the same rate as using the messaging app will.

    The app will allow for picture messaging, and hopefully other formats.
  3. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    who or what will be serving these chatrooms?

    which backbone will the chat servers be using?
    The app will be using my own servers.

    There will be a few chatrooms to talk. I don't imagine there will be too many. Pro users will be able to start 3+ people conversations, but anyone can participate in them.
  4. #24  
    so if we send MMS, will is run throug your servers?

    ..there goes my naughty photo exchanges
  5. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81 View Post
    so if we send MMS, will is run throug your servers?

    ..there goes my naughty photo exchanges
    Probably.
  6. #26  
    how bout some animated emoticons?
  7. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by sirwhistle View Post
    how bout some animated emoticons?
    good idea! I wonder if the pre supports animated gifs... Otherwise it would be a little trickier.
  8. #28  
    This is cool!
  9. #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tibfib View Post
    good idea! I wonder if the pre supports animated gifs... Otherwise it would be a little trickier.
    The Pre definitely supports Gifs now... The Comics app does (I know from practice).

    Also, I can't WAIT for this app to come out! I hope you're getting to work with the mysterious "Mojo Messaging Service" cuz that idea sounds awesome.

    Also, I hope you eventually CAN get it interfaced with the BBM. The more the merrier!

    My original stance was that I wanted it a WebOS specific messaging service, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of having anyone be able to communicate would open a lot more doors for WebOS.

    Good Luck and looking forward to this app!
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    Personally, I'd like to be only WebOS specific.

    So we can feel special too. Being able to talk to only the tiny amount of people who have Pres.
    i wouldn't because then i would only be able to talk to forum members, I actually don't know anyone, or seen anyone with a pre in my city...and its a big damn city..having it compatible with android and iphone users would be great,

    and maybe even add some IM functionality, probably in the pro version? but allow msn or aim accounts, would be nice to have it all in one application
  11. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #31  
    Right now I'm working on making everything in the app stable. Once the app is stable in its current form I will start adding features that will make it stand out from the messaging app.

    Those are (subject to change):
    • Group Chat (maybe rooms a la IRC)
    • Virtual Keyboard
    • File Sharing
    • Mojo Messaging Service


    Quote Originally Posted by SirataXero View Post
    The Pre definitely supports Gifs now... The Comics app does (I know from practice).

    Also, I can't WAIT for this app to come out! I hope you're getting to work with the mysterious "Mojo Messaging Service" cuz that idea sounds awesome.

    Also, I hope you eventually CAN get it interfaced with the BBM. The more the merrier!

    My original stance was that I wanted it a WebOS specific messaging service, but the more I thought about it, the more I liked the idea of having anyone be able to communicate would open a lot more doors for WebOS.

    Good Luck and looking forward to this app!
    I've emailed people at palm to get into the beta of the mojo messaging service.

    Just for clarification: It won't EVER work with existing BBM users. This application does not communicate with RIM's servers in anyway. It is just similar to BBM in the way that it functions, thus the comparison. That being said, I'm hoping to develop versions of this app for other platforms, including blackberry.



    Quote Originally Posted by kel101 View Post
    i wouldn't because then i would only be able to talk to forum members, I actually don't know anyone, or seen anyone with a pre in my city...and its a big damn city..having it compatible with android and iphone users would be great,

    and maybe even add some IM functionality, probably in the pro version? but allow msn or aim accounts, would be nice to have it all in one application

    IM functionality may come. I'll put it on the to-do list.... no promises though.
    Last edited by Tibfib; 04/11/2010 at 01:25 PM.
  12. #32  
    I'm getting very excited! This looks very promising, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of this. Thanks so much for all the hard work!
    In love with my launch day Pre Plus! Here are my impressions thus far.
  13. #33  
    Have you thought of using QR codes like BBM does?
  14. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by gollyzila View Post
    Have you thought of using QR codes like BBM does?
    Hmmm, I haven't. To tell the truth, I've never used BBM. Generating QR codes would be easy, reading them would be a little trickier. Maybe I could work with developer of the QR scanner in the catalog. Thanks for the idea!


    Quote Originally Posted by coolguyslim View Post
    This is cool!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr3Lov3r View Post
    I'm getting very excited! This looks very promising, I'm eagerly awaiting the arrival of this. Thanks so much for all the hard work!
    Thanks for the support!
  15. thornev's Avatar
    Posts
    326 Posts
    Global Posts
    329 Global Posts
    #35  
    I would like it more if you could provide font size for texts or some way to reduce the real estate each text uses i.e. more texts per page. thorne
  16. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by thornev View Post
    I would like it more if you could provide font size for texts or some way to reduce the real estate each text uses i.e. more texts per page. thorne
    Good idea. I plan on spending quite a bit of time on visuals. The current look is not final.
  17. #37  
    any idea on when this will be out?
    <a href="http://profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/visit/profiles/Flush2810"><img src="http://fp.profiles.us.playstation.com/playstation/psn/pid/Flush2810.png" width="230" height="155" border="0" /></a><br/><a href="http://www.us.playstation.com/PSN/SignUp">Get your Portable ID!</a>
  18. Tibfib's Avatar
    Posts
    345 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
       #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by Flush2810 View Post
    any idea on when this will be out?
    I'm hoping beta testing near the end of the month. If you want to be a tester, send me an email at tibfib1[at]gmail[dot]com or send me a PM. The best beta-testers would be those that text their friends with pres a lot.

    I haven't decided whether I'm going to release this app before it uses the mojo messaging service or wait until it supports it. If I wait until it uses the service, the app will be released quite a bit later.
  19. #39  
    I'm really excited for this I think its a GREAT IDEA! I have friends with pres and we all say we should have our own pre-messenger form of BBM! I'm going to email you about being a tester
  20. #40  
    Tibfib: I wonder if you could get Precentral's blessing on this app. Since most of the people using it will be members of Precentral, it could be called the Precentral Messenger. They might even partner with you / help support your development.
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions