1.    #1  

Does anyone know if someone is working on making a Super NES And/Or Sega Genesis emulator for the webOS? I have been asking and searching, but so far haven't found anything out.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Does one exist right now? No... but there IS a way to play SNES/Gen games on the Pre. Through VisualBoy Advance, I compiled some customs roms from my old GBA flashcart days. I did get several games to run for both Genesis and SNES, around the 50-75% area. Both emulators are somewhat limited, being that they were developed for GBA hardware. I posted some screenshots and links for them here:

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-i...ml#post2171375

If you or anyone is interested I was thinking of making a quick tutorial on how to do it. Both are definitely playable, but not much more than that... SNES emu for GBA has no sound. Would anyone want to see something like that? It's pretty simple, compiling GBA roms for use in VBA for Pre... Emulators emulating emulators... lol.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    Does one exist right now? No... but there IS a way to play SNES/Gen games on the Pre. Through VisualBoy Advance, I compiled some customs roms from my old GBA flashcart days. I did get several games to run for both Genesis and SNES, around the 50-75% area. Both emulators are somewhat limited, being that they were developed for GBA hardware. I posted some screenshots and links for them here:

[url]http://forums.precentral.net/

If you or anyone is interested I was thinking of making a quick tutorial on how to do it. Both are definitely playable, but not much more than that... SNES emu for GBA has no sound. Would anyone want to see something like that? It's pretty simple, compiling GBA roms for use in VBA for Pre... Emulators emulating emulators... lol.
    Yes I would like to see it! How do I player SNES & Sega Gen games on GameBoyAdvanced? Are you able to build emulators for those systems?
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Ooh I replied to your PM to explain a little more, but yeah I'm no developer at all! I know some projects exist but have no public versions available, yet. Like I said, it's really nothing too great, but I got a good 5-10 snes/gen games to get at least into actual gameplay.

I'll try and make a quick guide thread for it soon. But keep in mind, this software is around 4 or 5 years old, and developed for actual GBA hardware in mind (and not by me!). I couldn't play things like Super Mario RPG or higher end SNES games on the actual GBA itself. The project was abandoned because they couldn't really do much more optimization. There is a fully functioning NES emulator as well, but it crashed on VBA for Pre the only time I tried it. Nes'em is likely a better choice, but I'll see if I can work it out. NES emulation on my actual GBA was flawless, I'd like to try getting that to work..
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by azumak View Post
    Ooh I replied to your PM to explain a little more, but yeah I'm no developer at all! I know some projects exist but have no public versions available, yet. Like I said, it's really nothing too great, but I got a good 5-10 snes/gen games to get at least into actual gameplay.

I'll try and make a quick guide thread for it soon. But keep in mind, this software is around 4 or 5 years old, and developed for actual GBA hardware in mind (and not by me!). I couldn't play things like Super Mario RPG or higher end SNES games on the actual GBA itself. The project was abandoned because they couldn't really do much more optimization. There is a fully functioning NES emulator as well, but it crashed on VBA for Pre the only time I tried it. Nes'em is likely a better choice, but I'll see if I can work it out. NES emulation on my actual GBA was flawless, I'd like to try getting that to work..
    I just want to be able to play SNES and Sega Gen games. If it comes from hacks, patches, apps, whatever; I will be happy all the same. If I had the skills, then I would make an emulator. Maybe I can find a developer with the skills to build something like this. I have tried learning to program WebOS apps, but it's tough trying to learn from scratch. But if you can please post a guide, then that will be great!
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Alright, well it is getting late here. I'll try and put together a tutorial on how to do this later today. It's really not too hard at all. Also, another thing is you have to realize there's 8 buttons for SNES, and only 6 for GBA. So you can only map 6 out of the 8, making some games crippled. Most SNES games are playable, but some aren't practical... Chrono Trigger comes to mind as a great game that would run well. A good test that I haven't tried, ooh. And also, most games run 50-75% as the VBA still has compatibility issues on the Pre.

If my girlfriend's Pixi arrives today, I might make a video or two of running them on my Pre! My old Canon camera is pretty much dead... I posted a picture of Mega Man X and Sonic running in the link I posted earlier though.