Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    So I have Precorder installed on my phone and am wondering if I should uninstall it and the other patch needed to make it run before installing 1.4 when it hits. I doubt there will be an issue either way but thought it was an interesting thought...
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Precorder is an App, and the other package associated with it is a service. Apps and services do not need to be removed for updates.

Neither of these needs to be removed prior to, or after the update... however, since the update will have a more advanced video recorder built in, it seems silly to keep both.
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
    ...sometimes it takes time for the updates to work well....1.3.5 or whateva ring any bells....im sure this will have a 'learning curve'...if not for you and i def. for palm.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spader View Post
    Precorder is an App, and the other package associated with it is a service. Apps and services do not need to be removed for updates.

Neither of these needs to be removed prior to, or after the update... however, since the update will have a more advanced video recorder built in, it seems silly to keep both.
    Ah, great point, didn't think of it like that. Although the patch that was installed to make Precorder work was my bigger concern i guess.
    Running Homebrew on my Pre, Wii, PSP and DS. The DS ruined the rhyming that was going on there...sigh.
    Delete precorder?
    Quote Originally Posted by rcgaryk View Post
    Ah, great point, didn't think of it like that. Although the patch that was installed to make Precorder work was my bigger concern i guess.
    There is no such patch. Precorder consists of an application and a service. Neither need to be removed.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals