Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by geodim View Post
    LOL, I've been thinking the same thing with all of these epocrates threads. There is no way we have this many doctors on Precentral.
    doctors, med students, nurses, nursing students NP's, pharmasists, physicians assistants you get the idea

theres lots of healthcare professionals out there using epocrates, alot of them have been palm loyalist for epocrates, and other medical applications, for years.

not saying everyone downloading this will use it as part of there job, just saying, i know at 2 regular contributers here who are med students, besides myself, and several other doctors as well.
    Another glowing comment from an extremely happy epocrates user. 1) Its so amazingly fast. 2) i can stop peering over at the iphone version that is both pretty and fast. I'll take fast and functional. You can always make it 'pretty' later.

As far as the comment about a lot of health care professionals using the Pre. I'm not at all surprised. There surely are quite a few Palm loyalists from earlier days who have used some sort of palm pilot Medical pocket reference in the past and that has carried into the Pre. Well, at least I represent one of those. Glad to see the representation in all the excited Epocrates posts.
    filled with healthcare providers

BRING ESSENTIALS.... PA PA PA PLEASE!...

then I can FINALLY retire my Treo (IMHO, I paid $40 and Classic sucks)

All opinions in this post are based entirely on.... my opinion
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by mc-fine View Post
    This thread is either full of doctors and pharmacists or you guys are a little to excited about a program that you will never use.
    Med student here.
    Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!
    Yes, as a physician, I have been an Epocrates faithful user and also Palm OS diehard fan. Finally, upgraded to Palm Pre Plus and quite happy to see web OS version of Epocrates Rx. Yes, it's very fast, faster than my Centro's version of Epocrates.
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Thanks, windzilla. As a Nurse Practitioner, I always appreciate being recognized as a healthcare provider. And yes, I have used ePocrates on Palm PDAs for many years. The version for Palm Pre is beautiful. Still hoping for the remainder of Essentials, but am thrilled for what we have. My Palm TX is fast moving toward storage (still need DTG and a good Mahjong game!)
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Med student here. I was waiting a while for this release but it looks good
    Med student's boyfriend here. Now I can pretend to know what my girlfriend is talking about.
    I downloaded the app this afternoon, it is amazingly fast. My brother is a Pulmonologist, maybe I can finally get him to give up his BB Storm...lol
    "Patience, use the force, think." Obi-Wan

Ready to try Preware? Get this first: Preware Homebrew Documentation
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by mdthomas View Post
    Med student's boyfriend here. Now I can pretend to know what my girlfriend is talking about.
    +1

Tell her that amphoterrible gives you shake and bake

WebOS version missing DocAlerts and DocMemos -

These are coming to a future update, I assume?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  12.    #32  
    right now only epocrates RX is available. I assume that once it exits the beta form, the subscription services will become available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Complex Pants View Post
    right now only epocrates RX is available. I assume that once it exits the beta form, the subscription services will become available.
    Those 2 features were part of the free Epocrates RX on the Palm OS version.

Hope it comes out of beta soon!

(I know, we're never happy are we?)
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
  14. gbp
    Global Posts
    2,543 Global Posts
    wow, wow,
    this is "The APP". I am impressed by the speed. Unbelievable. I wish other developers follow and make faster responsive apps.
    @ comlexpants. LOL at your amphotericin comment. That brought me back to med school days and board studying.

I was sure to quickly spread the epocrates news to fellow Pre using docs where I work. Everyone's pretty excited about it.

I suppose having to pay for Classic from MotionApps was a necessary evil / stop gap. As soon as the enable the subscription features, i can comfortably delete that app. Hated trying to "scroll" in classic.
  16.    #36  

I have boards in about 3 months, so I am in the thick of it.
  17.    #37  
    I don't know what they did, but Epocrates loads even faster now. Like seriously, the data base takes no time to load. 1.4 has made some really nice changes.

epocrates loads almost instantly on 1.4 now! Amazing!
  19.    #39  
    actually lexi-comp loads really fast noe too!
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Agree. No lag in loading ePocrates at all! Super. Now just waiting for the remainder of Essentials.
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast