Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Epocrates just hit the app catalog. Woohoo!! Taking a while to initialize database... Can't wait to use it. Post your thoughts here!
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    Epocrates just hit the app catalog. Woohoo!! Taking a while to initialize database... Can't wait to use it. Post your thoughts here!
    just came on here to report it, but you beat me to it. Trying it out now Now we just need Logmein!!!! (or a good VNC client)
  3.    #3  
    I read the reports of it being fast by the beta testers but didn't really appreciate it until now. Wow! Whatever these guys did to make their database fly, they need to share it with the rest of the WebOS developers. It could be a real game changer for the whole platform.
    Pretty huge database. Now I'm just waiting to get injured or sick to look for a cure! LOL
    Does anyone know if it is a native WebOS app, or a ported iPhone app?
    Quote Originally Posted by dandbj13 View Post
    Does anyone know if it is a native WebOS app, or a ported iPhone app?
    natively ported
    this thing takes up space! It's like 32 mb
    Very nice!!!

loads faster than lexi, free, and the pill id photos are crisp.

i personally like lexi, and have used it for many years for pharmacokinetic info, but a free epocrates is a quick and simple reference! loving it!

this made my day
    just an fyi, I have tested it with battery meters and jstop, it isn't a hog.

leave it running all day and you can access it quicker than any other pda or smartphone.

it's fantastic.

now the wait begins for essentials.
    cool, looks like this is the rx only version, would like the full epocrates essentials so hopefully that isn't too far out --that program is terrible on the classic emulator.
    I tried transferring my paid epocrates essentials account to the palm pre, but it didn't work. I also cannot access any of the features available with an essentials subscription when using the new app.
    I'm guessing that will come shortly.
    Nevertheless, I'm happy to have a native app!
    EDIT:
    I just spoke with customer service. She said the beta app will not have access to the premium features at this time.
    She said she would put in a request for me. I'm not sure what that will accomplish though.
    Last edited by pharbrian; 02/23/2010 at 06:32 PM.
    downloading it right now, just about halfway there...
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    very sweet...i'm thinking of keeping both lexi w/ subscription and free epocrates for now (although also have essentials subscription paid for the rest of the year)...i can finally lay my palm TX to rest ...thnx for the heads up
    Sweet. Just downloaded.
    slick and fast, even on the pixi
    super fast but would like a dosing calculator that is accessible from the drug information tab itself and not have to enter all the info manully into the blank dosing calc found on the main page
    wow, nice app. Very fast too. Wish webos UI was that fast
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    Definitely slow to load. But once it's loaded, WOW it is blazing-fast! So close to laying the Palm TX aside (still need fully-edit-able DTG)!
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    I've been waiting for over 30 minutes for the "Installing: screen to update on my ePocrates installation. How long did it take others on their Pre?
  20.    #20  
    About 2 mins. I would just delete the app from launcher and download it again.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast