Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    My wife LOVES IT, she says its much much nicer than anything she has used so far.

She keeps saying she "Loves It!"
    I jusr did a side by side comparison of the iphone with the pixi with launching of the app.

there is a 10-15 secs difference between the two. The iphone being faster.

in the pixi plus I didn't have any app open.

is there something wrong?
    Quote Originally Posted by johnj2803 View Post
    I jusr did a side by side comparison of the iphone with the pixi with launching of the app.

assuming the pixi opens slower than a pre, nothing is wrong, unlike the iphone, you don't have to close it to use the rest of the phone, leave it running all day at clinic (it dosn't kill battery) and you have instant access.
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/24/2010 at 08:12 PM.
    There are four lights.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts

My wife's opens in about 8 seconds. She has a Palm Pre Plusless
    here is a video link

iphone 3G 8gig is jailbroken with 3.1.2
    pixi plus running 1.3.5.1
    here is a video link

iphone 3G 8gig is jailbroken with 3.1.2
    pixi plus running 1.3.5.1
    right, thats no surprise, pixi has a differnet processor than an iphone

what is fast is, now you don't have to close the app on the pixi to do other things, but you do have to close it on an iphone.

try a test where you switch between say web, and epocrates on both, without closing the pixi's programs, use advanced gestures.

pixi will destroy the iphone for time and clicks, which is part of what multitasking is all about.
    There are four lights.
    I am not discrediting the pixi. I am just curious how fast it loads in your devices.

I thought when you all said fast, mine was slow and just want to know

thanks for the replies guys
    Last edited by johnj2803; 03/02/2010 at 02:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    for all the epocrates enthusiasts, I jus noticed something,didn't see that anyone else mentioned it - epocrates supports forward swipes.

may not be a huge deal but its nice to know you can go forward after backing out of a screen. As far as I know the pre's web browser is the only other app where you can forward swipe.

just makes the app all the more useful.
    I had to try to download/install about 8 times before it would finally install, but eventually it did install.

After initializing the database, I finally got it to work (it did reset the Pre one time).

I really hope that you are able to set to "Peds" dosing in the future non-beta version.
    I can't download this or update any other apps after new update. Any help?
    This was a pain to install, but its extremely useful, already found it useful in practice. Although im still yet to find a good use for the pill identifier (as a nurse).
    just want to update. After the 1.4 update, the pixi opened epocrates almost or faster than the iphone as referenced in the video I posted.
    The updated beta of Epocrates for WebOS v1.0.1 now installs and runs properly on the UK GSM Pre. The previous 1.0 version consistently failed to install.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123