Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    agree with the delete, but wld reboot, then re-download - had the same stuck on install issue.

fwiw, fast, pics, and similar to the treo 755 version - LOVE IT!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I posted another thread on this, but perhaps since this thread is getting watched, I might get some help...

Downloaded once, but then it froze when opening the database. So I deleted, rebooted, and now it just won't download. It says downloading, but no progress on the progress bar. Any way to fix this? I am happy to go into USB mode and look in the hidden files if somebody knows a way to get this working again...
    Global Posts
    54 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thesnowdog View Post
    I would just delete the app from launcher and download it again.
    That's what I had to do. Man this is fast. Like someone else was saying, I too wish the phone was this fast.
    hows the load time on your ePocrates? I was hoping for it to be a little snappier than this.

Overall though it is fast when it's loaded.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Nope. I don't have anything to delete now. I went into webosquickinstall after using Internalz to see if I could find anything labeled epocrates. Sure enough, buried in a directory was this:

/media/cryptofs/apps/usr/palm/applications/com.epocrates.epocrates/

I deleted it, but still no go. Would love to install this app! Help!
    Got it working. Wouldnt work when I downloaded over wifi.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Nope. That doesn't work for me. I'd hate to erase with webosdoctor...
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by h3artl3ss View Post
    Got it working. Wouldnt work when I downloaded over wifi.
    That was it! Turned off WiFi and it finally downloaded. I'll get back in an hour when the database initializes.. but it's looking good after DL'ing with WiFi momentarily disabled.
  9. exi
    Global Posts
    68 Global Posts
    Sweet! Didn't know; thanks for the heads-up.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Nope. Still not working for me. Just stuck on downloading screen. Terrible.
    The feedback is cool. moves over and brings up email with option to choose which account. One suggestion I had was the option to increase the font size a tad.
    Epocrates users:

Have you found any way to edit/change the "favorites"? Mine only shows InteractionCheck and Pill ID, would like to add Drug Reference and MedMath to favorites...

Also, I don't see any option anywhere for when to auto-update. Is that taken care of behind the scenes via wireless connect?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    Global Posts
    340 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jjeffcoat View Post
    Epocrates users:

Have you found any way to edit/change the "favorites"? Mine only shows InteractionCheck and Pill ID, would like to add Drug Reference and MedMath to favorites...

Also, I don't see any option anywhere for when to auto-update. Is that taken care of behind the scenes via wireless connect?

The app info says that this beta version will not update at all. Probably in the final version.

For Favorites, when you click a drug monograph and get the list of sections (Adult dosing, Peds dosing, Interactions, etc.....) scroll down to the bottom and click "Add to Favorites." Not sure how many drugs you can put there.
    Also works for Tables and Calculators. Pretty cool
    Palm V -->m505 -->Tungsten T3-->T5->Centro-->Pre!
    Anyone else think it would be really nice to just start typing a drug name on the home screen and click an epocrates button and it will automatically open the program to the drug you typed? (much like you can do the google/wikipedia/googlemaps)? Does this make sense at all? this would make this already fast program even faster! My friends are already impressed that I can basically type anything and directly look it up on wikipedia or google.
    Quote Originally Posted by WizardHowl View Post
    Anyone else think it would be really nice to just start typing a drug name on the home screen and click an epocrates button and it will automatically open the program to the drug you typed? (much like you can do the google/wikipedia/googlemaps)? Does this make sense at all? this would make this already fast program even faster! My friends are already impressed that I can basically type anything and directly look it up on wikipedia or google.
    it would be nice to have it part of universal search somehow.

but, I'm not sure how much faster it would be, because if you just leave it as a card, you never have to reopen it throughout the day.
    Quote Originally Posted by dndrich View Post
    Nope. Still not working for me. Just stuck on downloading screen. Terrible.
    Had the same problem earlier today. Locked up X2 on the "Initializing database..." Rebooted, and had intended to delete and re-download. Instead I turned off all apps, clicked on Epocrates from launcher and it completed the install in just a few minutes.

Are you locked up on the download or the "install"?
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    I am locked up on the download now. I deleted Epocrates the first time when it failed. Since then, no matter what I do, whether on wifi or OTA, rebooted, etc, no apps running...hangs on downloading screen in app store without downloading a byte. Nothing. Oh, despair...
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    it would be nice to have it part of universal search somehow.

but, I'm not sure how much faster it would be, because if you just leave it as a card, you never have to reopen it throughout the day.
    Very true. I'm kind of OCD though and I always like my home screen to be blank, and I'm always subconciously swiping away cards haha, even when I know I'm going to be using it later.

Does anyone know if leaving the epocrates program open have any effect on battery life?
    ... and I always like my home screen to be blank, and I'm always subconciously swiping away cards ...
    Have you tried Clear Card?
    PalmIII>PalmIIIc>PalmV>Sony CLIE>TungstenC>TungstenT2>Treo650>Treo755p>PrePlus
    Very true. I'm kind of OCD though and I always like my home screen to be blank, and I'm always subconciously swiping away cards haha, even when I know I'm going to be using it later.

Does anyone know if leaving the epocrates program open have any effect on battery life?
    I have been beta testing since before the official release, and can confirm it does not drain battery.

FYI the thing that drains battery most is the web, I generally try not to leave that one open.

other things like messaging seem to behave very nicely thought
    There are four lights.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast