Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ray1b View Post
    My favorite songs are not coming up. What's the advantage over my mp3 collection.
    Well if you downloaded those mp3's illegally, it would be that.

I use it to listen to and learn new songs which I like but not enough to purchase separately, or plan to purchase at a later date, or just think I'll lose if I actually purchase. It's moving from the I have to download 100+ gig's of music to just the mb to download the portal.
  2.    #42  
    Quote Originally Posted by mmarcus View Post
    I'm digging it but I'm confused about the payment structure...hopefully someone can explain.

I see the $3/month VIP subscription, which includes a "trial" for mobile.

I don't see a mobile subscription.

If I subscribe to the VIP thing will that remove any mobile limits or are the two subscriptions separate?

Don't want to pay for VIP access and then have to pay again for mobile.
    That's what I'm wondering, hopefully they clear up some of the issues were having.

Don't want to pay for VIP access and then have to pay again for mobile.
    No, it's the same. Check out mobile.grooveshark.com's FAQ section.

Will it cost me money to stream music?

Grooveshark Mobile is available exclusively to Grooveshark VIPs. In order to join the first look mobile group, sign up for a VIP account. Aside from that, check your phone's data plan with your mobile provider. If you have an unlimited data plan, there are no additional charges beyond a Grooveshark VIP account.

VIP basically gives you Grooveshark perks (more themes, no ads, sneak peaks) and the mobile/desktop clients.

I'm not sure what's happening on your end, Joseph. I just signed up for VIP today and I never got the trial message in the app. However, the first thing I did was log in.
    Last edited by malpha; 02/23/2010 at 08:11 PM.
  4.    #44  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    No, it's the same. Check out mobile.grooveshark.com's FAQ section. VIP basically gives you Grooveshark perks (more themes, no ads, sneak peaks) and the mobile/desktop clients.

I'm not sure what's happening on your end, Joseph. I just signed up for VIP today and I never got the trial message in the app. However, the first thing I did was log in.
    I did the same thing, I downloaded the app, signed in, played one song for a few seconds, played another song and then the message appeared to start the trial.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    No, it's the same. Check out mobile.grooveshark.com's FAQ section.

Will it cost me money to stream music?

Grooveshark Mobile is available exclusively to Grooveshark VIPs. In order to join the first look mobile group, sign up for a VIP account. Aside from that, check your phone's data plan with your mobile provider. If you have an unlimited data plan, there are no additional charges beyond a Grooveshark VIP account.

VIP basically gives you Grooveshark perks (more themes, no ads, sneak peaks) and the mobile/desktop clients.

That's what I thought too...

But when I'm about to sign up for VIP I see this under the line of charges...

"Limited Mobile Preview: - $0"
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ...and then there's also this line. It's the "for a brief time" language that confuses me.

"Take Grooveshark with you everywhere. Get your Favorites, Playlists, Library—and Grooveshark's entire catalog—right from your phone. And for a brief time, VIPs get to use it completely free."
    im excited!!! been waiting for this for awhile!!! woohoo!!! i love my Pre~!!
  8.    #48  
    Funny thing under the requirements for the mobile application,
    "Grooveshark Mobile runs on all Palm phones running OS 4.2.1 or later, except the Palm Storm and Palm Pearl."

C40 is two phones!! Just found it funny.
    Looks like a great App.. how much will they charge for it?
    ...and then there's also this line. It's the "for a brief time" language that confuses me.

"Take Grooveshark with you everywhere. Get your Favorites, Playlists, Library—and Grooveshark's entire catalog—right from your phone. And for a brief time, VIPs get to use it completely free."
    Yeah, that confused me, too. From what I can tell, most of this is in beta, so they're not charging for it and are using the VIP program to test it out. Once done, they will most likely move it from under the VIP program and into its own service, which will hopefully not require VIP access (however, getting it would probably automatically give you VIP access...). Just speculation on my part.

For this reason and others (like...no refund and not wanting the site to die before my year was up), I went with the monthly payment plan and took off recurring payments, so I won't get trapped into anything I'll want to cancel later.
    Global Posts
    773 Global Posts
    I can't believe no one said anything about the dudes password from the video.
    Quote Originally Posted by cashen View Post
    I can't believe no one said anything about the dudes password from the video.
    There's actually another thread that started before this one that did. It was iamsexy or something like that. Did you try to log into his account?
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    For people who have used this service before, why grooveshark for $3 over Pandora for free?
    Quote Originally Posted by sjjones View Post
    For people who have used this service before, why grooveshark for $3 over Pandora for free?
    I think some people apparently like the ability to play any song you want completely on-demand, instead of having a radio station of a certain genre or group of bands.
    Where are you all finding this app? The texted link doesn't work for me. The app catalog seems to be down. It's not in the beta stream (I checked through appscoop). I checked Preware even and can't find it anywhere. Help?
    I seen it in preware 3 hours ago
    It's been in the App Catalog for at least an hour for me.
    I'm trying to research this, but I'm not finding too much information. What exactly is Grooveshark? Is it a radio service where it play similar songs, or is it like napster where i can listen to whatever i want, whenever unlimited?

thanks.
    groovdafied, the link in the OP shows a really good example of the features. Essentially, you can listen to whatever you want, add favs and create playlists.
    Quote Originally Posted by bdubdrum View Post
    groovdafied, the link in the OP shows a really good example of the features. Essentially, you can listen to whatever you want, add favs and create playlists.
    Ya but that's what's puzzling me, because I just did more research, and apparently the user who subscribes to this site are held liable for any copyright infringement, not Grooveshark... That doesn't sound very legit to me.

--edit--

oops sorry, I read the agreement wrong... its only for people who upload content to Grooveshark.
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast