Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    Come on app. This is great!
    Global Posts
    1,010 Global Posts
    Found this, but doesn't seem to work yet.

Grooveshark Mobile Music: Palm
    xorg tools - power tools for power users
    I looked at the GS forum thread:
    Grooveshark Forums - Grooveshark Forums

it was going to be up "in the next few minutes" until it hit a snag.

SO CLOSE! Hopefully it won't take long...
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
  4.    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by xorg View Post
    Found this, but doesn't seem to work yet.

Grooveshark Mobile Music: Palm
    Nice find, but that doesn't work as well, We'll have to wait for it to be released in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    Gosh, I hope the guy who made that video changed his password after making it. Anyone who watches the video would be able to get it as he typed it in.

Edit: I just went back and watched it again. The password he typed in is: iamsexy

LOL
    Last edited by ssrjazz; 02/23/2010 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by laxqb1143 View Post
    Man I didn't know grooveshark got that big. Two years ago my economics prof was pitching it to us because some of his former students had recently started it here at UF. Weird...anyways haven't checked it out in awhile hows the experience?
    It's great.. I can't wait to stop using the other stream apps.. It will be Radio Time and Groveshark.. Radio Time has the police scanners and im hooked.
    How many times have you seen the Dr.?..lol
  7.    #27  
    It should be coming out any minute as, Epocrates has just came out. They don't usually just add one app to the app catalog, they usually add a slew of apps. Anyone else waiting?
    It's up in Preware!

Buuuuuuuutttt, it looks like the links haven't been made active yet, so hopefully no more than a couple hours left on the clock.
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by malpha View Post
    It's up in Preware!

Buuuuuuuutttt, it looks like the links haven't been made active yet, so hopefully no more than a couple hours left on the clock.
    It should be out any moment, it usually doesn't take long for it to show up in the app catalog after it shows up in preware.
    It's here

50 free songs, then you have to go premium
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Says you get 2 weeks or 50 plays for free, whichever comes first.
  12.    #32  
    Not sure why it says for me to start the trial as I'm a VIP, I hope they don't limit the amount of music we are able to listen to, just because somehow palm is limiting them.
    Global Posts
    206 Global Posts
    Initial thoughts: adding songs to a playlist is a bit cumbersome. I think it was 4 clicks needed per song. Also, I'm not all that familiar with Grooveshark. Do they offer a preprogrammed Internet radio option by genre? That would make Grooveshark well above Slacker in terms of functionality, since the 'shark also plays individual tracks on demand.
    Last edited by cfbauer; 02/23/2010 at 07:48 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Josephc1991 View Post
    Not sure why it says for me to start the trial as I'm a VIP, I hope they don't limit the amount of music we are able to listen to, just because somehow palm is limiting them.
    Did you log in?
    A lot of hype about this app, so I just downloaded it. Kind of sucks that they didn't disclose it was a trial in the description or title. I generally don't download "trial version" apps, just my preference. Kind of disappointed me just for that, clicked the "no not yet" and am moving the app to my last launcher page for now.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    doesn't appear they make use of the notification area like pandora or the music player
    Ya'll just want to dump on everything
    I'm all logged in and it's working great.

Grooveshark does have a radio, but it's not on the app yet. For me, I was never a big fan of Grooveshark's radio, it's not as customizable and fully featured as Slacker or Pandora and is a bit more annoying to use. However, this app could be a way to improve their interface.

The app is really fast and I'm already liking the mobile experience more than the browser version. They could stand to tighten up the navigation a bit. For example, if I'm on a playlist I searched for and I choose one song to play, going back to the search from the player screen takes you out of the playlist I was in. It should leave me in the playlist I was at.

Also, NO DASHBOARD. One thing I'm hating more about Slacker every day. Since neither of these apps are working with the headset advance (that I know of), if you want to change the track, you have to pull the phone out of your pocket, unlock it, go to the app and change it. It's one of WebOS's best features, I wish developers would take advantage of it. That said, they did try to make it visually mesh with the Pre instead of using the same interface as on other models.

All in all, though, I really really like it and I'm definitely glad I went VIP. I spend $3 on a midnight caffeine run to the store, so not a big deal.
    Global Posts
    437 Global Posts
    My favorite songs are not coming up. What's the advantage over my mp3 collection.
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    I'm digging it but I'm confused about the payment structure...hopefully someone can explain.

I see the $3/month VIP subscription, which includes a "trial" for mobile.

I don't see a mobile subscription.

If I subscribe to the VIP thing will that remove any mobile limits or are the two subscriptions separate?

Don't want to pay for VIP access and then have to pay again for mobile.
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast