1.    #1  
    If you go to Epocrates.com, you can download the free beta Epocrates RX for Android today...granted Android 1.0 did come out before webOS, but Android really did not get much traction until Android 2.0...Where is the love for Palm Epocrates?

Anyhow, I did call them up and the Epocrates representative states that Epocrates RX for webOS (beta version) should come out later this week or next week...
    Quote Originally Posted by Kewl 700p View Post
    If you go to Epocrates.com, you can download the free beta Epocrates RX for Android today...granted Android 1.0 did come out before webOS, but Android really did not get much traction until Android 2.0...Where is the love for Palm Epocrates?

Anyhow, I did call them up and the Epocrates representative states that Epocrates RX for webOS (beta version) should come out later this week or next week...
    You do realize that you posted both a question and an answer, right?
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    its right here

by the way, when you first post the title to the thread, similar threads will appear before you can post, its an automatic search feature,

you can often find your answers in those threads, without going through the hassle of posting an additional one
    There are four lights.
  4.    #4  
    Dang it, haven't posted here for awhile and thanks for all advice and just found the other Epocrates Rx thread for webOS. I guess it is Palm that may be holding them up...or maybe...Epocrates is waiting for webOS 1.4 to come out and make sure Epocrates Rx beta version plays well with webOS 1.4...Sorry to have vented and ranted here...

Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    its right here

by the way, when you first post the title to the thread, similar threads will appear before you can post, its an automatic search feature,

you can often find your answers in those threads, without going through the hassle of posting an additional one
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    Epocrates online works well with the web browser on the Pre in the meantime. I have been using that, and it is just fine.
    FYI for those who care: Epocrates just hit the app RSS feed. Should therefore be in the App Catalog soon.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > HTC Mogul (*****!) > HTC Touch Pro (***** squared!) > PRE! > Epic
    it's in the app catalog now!
    yes it is!
  9.    #9  
    Thanks everyone for keeping me updated!! I downloaded Epocrates from App Catalog, but how does it take to start...it seems to take a while to initialize the database...the blue bar finished and then it seems to hang...hmmm....
    Thanks everyone for keeping me updated!! I downloaded Epocrates from App Catalog, but how does it take to start...it seems to take a while to initialize the database...the blue bar finished and then it seems to hang...hmmm....
    initialization is a long process, but you do it only once

database loading happens on each open, it takes a little time, but the program is very efficiant, draws almost no extra power, and consumes very few resources while open.

I have been leaving it open all day, and have instant access to it when i need it, making it fast, super fast.

man i sound like a record here, but for health professionals who need access to info without hassle, and watching load screens, multitasking and leaving it card view, is the best option available, on any platform.
    There are four lights.
    Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    You do realize that you posted both a question and an answer, right?
    lmao.... you all be killing me on this forum. lol
  12.    #12  
    Not sure what happened the first time...anyhow, I deleted it and re-downloaded it from the App Catalog and it works now. It did take awhile to initialize the database, but it is very fast!!

So far so good...what a great app...much faster than the Palm OS version!!

Absolutely wonderful. Rock on Palm.
    Gotta text all my buddies in the profession.
    Here is the demo video:

Master Pants, Lord of the Universe, Groupie of Blaize

Need help with your webOS device? PM me for help!