1.    #1  
    Hi all,

My clock app has been exhibiting strange behavior in the past month or so.

Every now and again, all my alarms disappear. I have three--one daily alarm, one weekday alarm, and a ring-once alarm. The first two are usually on all the time, and the ring-once alarm, I just leave off unless I need it.

I've had this or one of the other Sprint Pres for which I'd gotten replacements since July, and I've pretty much been able to rely on the Clock app since I got the phone.

Now, and this started a significant time after I got this newest replacement phone, every now and then, my alarms just disappear. I'll go into the clock app to activate an alarm or two, and the alarms just won't be there, even if I wait a bit in case the phone needs some time to load that scene's contents.

It doesn't seem related to any particular bit of rebooting. My USB partition's almost completely full, but that wasn't the case when this started happening. I do have about 37 patches installed, but no patches to the clock app.

When I recreate the alarms, they work, until they disappear again. The disappearances seem to sometimes be only a couple to few days apart, sometimes could be a week or so.

Has anyone seen or heard of this happening? Any notions as to what might cause it? or how it can be fixed?
    It happens to me, too. Very annoying. No idea what's causing it.
    Global Posts
    13 Global Posts
    I have used my Palm as my alarm for 2 years since I have had it and in the last several months all of my alarms have just disappeared every now and then. Even more strange, when I start re-adding them, they sometimes re-appear inside the new (what should be empty) alarm as I am re-creating. This has to STOP! Please help.
    This is the first time I am hearing of this. I don't have immediate answers for you, but in the meanwhile I would suggest downloading an alarm clock app from the App Catalog. MediaClock and MyClock are both good ones and cost only 99 cents and have fully functioning alarm clocks and more. I hope that is a good temporary solution until we can figure out why that is happening.

My Themes:CLICK HERE
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    there are other threads about this.
    here is one:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/pa...sometimes.html

this is not such an uncommon problem.
    I get it from time to time.
    very frustrating.
    I check my alarm every night before I go to bed.
    I've recently been experiencing this issue. How many of you are using an overclocked processor kernel? I'm wondering if this has to do with overclocking and the system locking up.

My current experience is that I have 6 alarms set up and every once in a while all of the alarms are reset to 4pm. Usually I think this happens when the system locks up and then probably the clock settings are then corrupted.

I use the F105 Thunderbird overclocked kernel.

I wish save and restore could restore the alarm settings, so I won't have to reprogram everything including the alarm sounds.
    I'm using Uberkernel. But I had the problem of disappearing alarms long before overclocking. And it didn't get any worse with overclocking.

I've switched to Timepiece. I like it a lot. That having been said, I suspect it has something to do with Javascript Garbage Collection. Just a hunch.
    LOL, was testing something and noticed this issue. I guess there is no resolution for the stock clock app loosing alarm settings?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    I now have a new problem. The settings remain, but the alarm does not ring. This has happened the last two mornings.
    Not good for work.
    I've had both the disappearing alarm issue (once only. a reboot brought them back). And the other day i had an alarm set which did not go off. The alarm not going off i suspect is a webos 2.1 audio issue, possibly related to voice dial.

I'm not sure, but it might be worth running Emergency File Verification to make sure that everything looks cool.
    I have also had this happen. I'm running a Verizon Pre 2. Like many, I have a weekday, weekend, and special alarm that I like to use, and resetting them all the time is a pain. I've discovered that the only way to keep them around is to 1) always have one active at all times (don't switch them all off), and 2) DO NOT acknowledge the alarm notification in the notification area. As long as the phone knows an alarm is active, it will remember the alarms, but if you turn them off and/or remove the notification, you've lost your queue. Very annoying. Not a perfect workaround, but at least we know how the phone is behaving. On a side note, is it just me, or does anyone else find it rather unacceptable to have to install a pay app to replace a buggy clock that should be working properly in the first place?
    This may be a shot in the dark, but i never leave my clock/alarms app open. I always open it before i go to bed, set the alarm i want, and close it after i get up. I've only had this problem once... Can't recall if i had left the app open or not. Anyone else comment on their app closure behavior?
  13.    #13  
    I usually dismiss the notification that shows I have upcoming alarms. And I only have the alarm app open from just before I go to sleep 'til I wake up or until Preset Reset reboots my phone at 4am...

This prob predates my usage ofpreset reset, though, so it isn't that.

It's disappointing that this prob is still there in the Pre2! Sheesh.
    Same issue here, it worked without any problems, until suddenly all the alarms are gone
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowhawk View Post
    I usually dismiss the notification that shows I have upcoming alarms. And I only have the alarm app open from just before I go to sleep 'til I wake up or until Preset Reset reboots my phone at 4am...

This prob predates my usage ofpreset reset, though, so it isn't that.

It's disappointing that this prob is still there in the Pre2! Sheesh.
    I've found that dismissing the notification seems to be (or at least is related to) the trigger for the alarm bug. I've learned to ignore the notification screen, and it doesn't take up too much real estate. But leaving the alarm notification alone seems to keep one's alarm list intact. Anyone else have any luck with this strategy?
    Last edited by swissarmyevan; 04/16/2011 at 04:18 PM.
    I'm also having this exact same problem. I missed class today and yesterday, and it's extremely frustrating.
    Quote Originally Posted by callmesaul8889 View Post
    I'm also having this exact same problem. I missed class today and yesterday, and it's extremely frustrating.
    Timepiece is totally worth the 99 cents.
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeisnowonfire View Post
    This is the first time I am hearing of this. I don't have immediate answers for you, but in the meanwhile I would suggest downloading an alarm clock app from the App Catalog. MediaClock and MyClock are both good ones and cost only 99 cents and have fully functioning alarm clocks and more. I hope that is a good temporary solution until we can figure out why that is happening.
    Why do I have to pay for an app when there is one supposed to be working as a stock app. The problem should be solved.
    And btw paid apps aren't within reach for everybody since outside the States having a credit card isn't as normal. It's time for alternative payment sollutions.
    Quote Originally Posted by swissarmyevan View Post
    I've found that dismissing the notification seems to be (or at least is related to) the trigger for the alarm bug. I've learned to ignore the notification screen, and it doesn't take up too much real estate. But leaving the alarm notification alone seems to keep one's alarm list intact. Anyone else have any luck with this strategy?
    That's exactly what I've found, but its still frustrating that I have to turn off my alarms once they go off and make sure I turn them back on at night just so I don't constantly see the notification.
    Same problem here too, I found that they disappear if I swipe the reminder off the bottom of the phone (I think the proper action is to touch it and then it will let you dismiss the alarm) But I have also observed twice now if I wait a day (I think past midnight) they all will reappear. Good Luck.