Great to hear.
    Thanks Sanya.
  2. SashoDikov
    And it works just as well on the 2.1 newness

CS is one of the first apps i download after each doctor/wipe ;]
    Quote Originally Posted by SashoDikov View Post
    And it works just as well on the 2.1 newness
    How did you install it? WOSQI? Preware?

I still can't find it with Preware. (I am using WebOS 2.1 on a Pre1, built with the Meta-Doctor, but i do not think it matters as i can find all the other applications, patches etc.)
    Hi, as a feature request, can you include an option to only attempt a time check via WiFi (in other words, not via the cell radio)?

Thanks!
    Quote Originally Posted by alex3683 View Post
    same for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by mscemt View Post
    From what I can tell the newest update fixed the clock drift problems, I'm currious if anyone is still having the issue. I disabled periodic sync and have had accurate time for about 18 hours so far.
    First off, a big thanks for this excellent app to its developer! I noticed there has been no activity on this thread for some time so apparently noone has problems with the clock drift issue anymore - except me!

Since I got my Pre- (german O2) which I am now using on mexican carrier telcel, Ive been having the clock drift problem which even after updating my Pre to webOS 1.4.5 did not get any better. Only since I recently installed Clock Sync can I finally depend on my clock being more or less right, every time I sync it (2 times a day at least) I have a few minutes of drift to make up for! I am hoping development of the Clock Sync app has not stopped! At least I still need this to work and would like to have an option to remove preset fixed sync times (this is not possible in current version 1.3 I have installed).
    Hi all :-)

Clock Sync is a really great app, but i have a problem with it. I switch my data connection off due to battery saving when i don't need it. Now ClockSync can not sync my time. It would be sooo great if Clock Sync could aktivate 2G and/or wlan by itself and switch it off afterwards (only if it had to switch it on).

is it possible to add this feature?

thx Sebastian
    Hi all,

I've noticed a few posts about not being able to find Clock Sync, but no real answers as to why. I recently update my trusty Pre- to a Pre 2 and of course the first thing I tried to do was install Clock Sync....but I'll be damned if I can find it anywhere (App Catalog, Preware etc.).

Does anyone know where it can be installed form now?
    Request: Can you have a checkmark to auto update the time on application start?

I have a wifi only original Sprint Pre- running 2.1 and it needs network time sync off. Since its wifi only (basically an ampache streaming device with email, web) it isn't on all the time. When I reboot it will have the same time as when I have last shut down. This causes issues with Ampache and I'm sure with other things. I've got mode switcher to auto start the clock sync, but it actually won't sync - I still have to hit the button and I'm lazy
    Great app, but it doesn't account for DST in Chile, where I live now. It worked perfectly when I was in the US.
    Use this almost daily - fantastic little app that I've taken with me from my Pre, to my Pre+ now to my Pre 3. Big thanks to the author(s).
    Hmm. My Touchpad's clock goes massively off, even with NTP turned on. It's off by 10 minutes right now, I guarantee by the time I wake up it will be off by an hour or two. My gf's Touchpad has no such problem. I'm trying to decide if I should call HP and risk having to replace the device, or just use this?
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Quote Originally Posted by eblade View Post
    Hmm. My Touchpad's clock goes massively off, even with NTP turned on. It's off by 10 minutes right now, I guarantee by the time I wake up it will be off by an hour or two. My gf's Touchpad has no such problem. I'm trying to decide if I should call HP and risk having to replace the device, or just use this?
    I noticed mine was fast by 11 minutes last night. I turned Network time off and on and that brought it back in sync. This morning it was fast by 10 minutes. Not sure why or how long it's been doing this.
    Mine's been doing it since apparently before I even got it - when I first started it up, the clock was off by ten minutes. I think the longest I've ever had it stay in sync was about 6 hours, until today, when it's been in sync for at least 12 hours. Normally, it will jump 10 minutes at least every couple of hours, if not several times an hour.
    Author:
    Remove Messaging Beeps patch for webOS 3.0.5, Left/Right bezel gestures in LunaCE,
    Whazaa! Messenger and node-wa, SynerGV 1 and 2 - Google Voice integration, XO - Subsonic Commander media streamer, AB:S Launcher
    (1:39:33 PM) halfhalo: Android multitasking is like sticking your fingers into a blender
    GO OPEN WEBOS!
    People asked me for a donate link for my non-catalog work, so here you are:
    Hi!
    I just downloaded this app per big Rod's suggestion of it to me. Nice! ntp is too resource intensive for me to want to download.
    I only have an issue.. basically mirroring Shadowhawk and Thrillhouse's comments above.

I have a Wifi only Pre+ and (For now) pre2, so i need them to sync time when the device starts up. I can figure out how to have TS launch on startup, but a feature to have it automatically sync on startup (That's enough for me!) would be _lovely_!

I just tried to do a 'sync now,' and i'm running into Shadowhawk's issue - it wants airplane mode off so it can sync using network time, which... is a bit untenable for me.
    hope these can be addressed! Thanks so much for the app, and especially for making it free!! Rock on
    palm lineage: VzPre+ to Pre2 to Pre3, now using a AT&T Pre3 on wifi and Panda Touchpad.
    DU unlock codes available (Veers, Pres, etc, Oh my!)
    Has Pre3s & tpFauxG for sale!
    (Sales prices always less than ebay)
    BUMP! Does the developer still follow this thread? There is some discussion here:
    Need help with date and time

Some questions:
    1. There is discussion of version 1.4 on this thread, but the version on my phone is 1.3. As I downloaded long after the release, was this the last official release?

2. The version here: Clock Sync | webOS Nation is 1.3 - this links to the HP catalogue. Is it possible to update that page to host the app directly on the webOS Nation app gallery? (and with 1.4 if it is a useful improvement?) Or perhaps host the IPK on github and link to it with the pivotCE feed?
    DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes

3. Maybe someone more expert can discover this, but I'm not clear what version is here: https://github.com/jocsch/ClockSync Is the repository up to date? I see you encourage others to update your app. It is still useful, so I hope you are willing to continue making it available for webOS and maybe LuneOS in the future.
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/17/2015 at 11:42 AM.
    Nonononoki likes this.
    https://twitter.com/jocsch/status/599991567412273153

Sorry, but I can't dedicate any time to it right now. However the code is OS and available here https://github.com/jocsch/ClockSync
    The community has been given permission to host this app.

I have a backed up copy of de.content754.clocksync - version 1.3.0

Does anyone have 1.4? Or can that be built from the github files?

If no one more skilled wants to do anything, I can attempt to get it into the app gallery (ideally an update on the exisiting page).

Does anyone want to take on this app? >>>> DEVELOPERS! Post here if your apps will be available after the HP Catalogue closes (post 102)
    Last edited by Preemptive; 05/17/2015 at 01:57 PM.
    Global Posts
    385 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    3. Maybe someone more expert can discover this, but I'm not clear what version is here: https://github.com/jocsch/ClockSync Is the repository up to date? I see you encourage others to update your app. It is still useful, so I hope you are willing to continue making it available for webOS and maybe LuneOS in the future.
    According to the appinfo.json, it's version 1.2.0.
    Preemptive likes this.
    Thanks, so now I know where to look in future.

Hmmm... maybe the parts in the 1.3 IPK can be added to the repository.
    Here's 1.3.0_all.ipk zipped anyway.

Attached Files Attached Files

TP 32Gb 4G. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Pre3 16Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ TS2 BT Audio-Dock ~ HP iPaq. hx-2790b.
    TP 32Gb Wifi. 3.0.5 / CM10. ~ Veer (Wht.) 8Gb GSM. 2.2.4. ~ HP Omen-15-5206tx. 256Gb SSD. i7-O/C@3.39Ghz. Win10.
    Preemptive and baldric like this.
    I added it to the share.
    Follow me on Twitter
    For the latest webOS news check out pivotCE
    Mutoidi and hrhoades like this.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast