Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes
  1.    #21  
    Hi one,
    I get different responses. For some the update fixes the clock issues, others still have problems. I belong to the first group. I don't necessarily need Clock Sync any longer, as the Pre now keeps time fairly well. Sometimes it drifts up to 2 min but get's itself back into sync. With the monitor feature of Clock Sync this can be made visible fairly easily.

However it looks like Palm has not fixed the drift issue but the synchronisation issue. So the device continues to drift but is better/more often synced. And as I heart that no provider in germany is sending a time signal, it must be able to sync with ntp as well.

Your best guess ist to ask HardBeatZ to have a look at your problem. Maybe you can post more information afterwards?

Of course you can still use Clock Sync after the upgrade to 1.4 (and many people do). It tries to access the network but if you have disabled the network it will silently skip and try again later.
    With the next update of Clock Sync you get the feature to sync at fixed times during a day, which should allow you to always schedule Clock Sync to run when you have WiFi access.

Regards,
    Markus
  2. one
    I have just installed your ClockSync, and it looks like working fine. I would like to "study" the time drift between 2 successive syncs, so I have activated the "monitoring" functionality.... but I do not understand: where is the synclog saved? (i.e. where is the "time history log", how can I see it??)
    I haven't rooted my pre.... and (at least for the moment) I do not want to....so I hope it is possible to see those logs from the application level and not only from the file system level.

I will observe how the time evolves in the next days and then try to report to HardBeatZ . Then I'll post again .....

p.s. I'll change mobile provider next month .... let's see if this will help ......
  3.    #23  
    If you enable monitor mode, your clock will not be synced periodically. It will just periodically write the difference to the history. You can easily view your history by using the button in the lower left corner. It's there starting from v 1.1 of clock sync.
    This App is the one and only app for me. I still can not believe that palm has not rtc built in. The first time I recognized that the clock stops running when the device is shut down I could not believe it.

Even with 1.4 I still have a time drift and without this app I could not trust the clock of my device. Thank you very much. Works Great!
    I still get the time drift under 1.4, as the O2 network only updates the time when the radio turns back on

In my log it gets lots of FAILED sync's even though my WiFi is set to stay on ?

Also, Clock Sync misses many hours between FAILED attempts, even though it is set for 2 hours ?

Any updates planned as this app keeps my Pre on the straight & narrow
    Quote Originally Posted by jocsch View Post
    Looks like the app needs an "Advanced configuration" screen. I'll takle that in a future update.
    i thnk thatd be a gd idea (no notifications of successful sync im talking about, jus realsied it didnt quote the whole post).

good app tho and i hae it syncing every 2 hrs, its a shame its needed in the first place though, well done palm!!
  7.    #27  
    @ChasT: I tried to reproduce your problem, but wasn't able to do so. When I switch off every connectivity Clock Sync still keeps its rythm.
    Have you opened Clock Sync in between? Opening (or better closing) Clock Sync causes the period to start again. E.g. if you open Clock Sync after 1:59h and close it immediately, it will not sync in 1 min but only again in 2h.
    That can result in long pauses, if you open Clock Sync regularily to check the history.

However after checking my history I also see "missed" entries from time to time. It doesn't happen regularily and has nothing to do with the FAILED status. Mhm, no idea what that could cause it. Maybe it's the palm scheduler. There are couple of issues with it after the 1.4 upgrade.

@andywoodstick: Noted. However it won't be in the next update. I am still not sure, it it makes a lot of sense. Clock Sync needs to wake up your device anyhow to sync the time. So when you disable the notification you will see your device wake up from time to time without getting an information why that happens.
  8. one
    @jocsch: is your application aware of summer time changes? I do not thing it is!

This night in Europe we have switched from winter time to summer time (i.e. one hour back).
    At the moment I have your application active only as monitoring:

The pre is 2 min 45 off with respect to the winter time, 1 hour 2 minutes 45 sec off with respect to the real time (summer time).

Your application says that the clock is 2:45 off! this is WRONG!

GREAT! This means now I cannot use your application to correct the awful time of the pre!

I am really fed up with the pre! This is ridiculous, palm should not wonder if their company goes bankrupt, if they bring such devices on the market! It does not matter if the pre is appealing under a lot of aspects!

We are talking here about a very basic feature like it would be a major problem!
    And Palm is not able to fix it! That's ridiculous!
    Last edited by one; 03/28/2010 at 05:06 AM.
  9. one
    I have just tried to trick it around:
    switch off network time (time and time zone) set manually the time zone to the one which is one hour before mine, in this way your application was already able to work.

The problem is that all my appointments are now wrong!!!!!

The whole calendar is now on hour too early! An appointment at 12:00 is now at 11:00!!!! This is a ****! And I do not apologize! I mean it!
    hi all, just to say I am in the UK, I have zero problems this morning. Clock had drifted by 45 secs since yesterday but had changed to summertime. Used sync and its now spot on. The above poster obviously has a problem but not one that's replicated here .thanks for your work on this patch/app
    Quote Originally Posted by one View Post
    The problem is that all my appointments are now wrong!!!!!

The whole calendar is now on hour too early! An appointment at 12:00 is now at 11:00!!!! This is a ****! And I do not apologize! I mean it!
    This was a problem in the States when their Summer Time kicked in a couple of weeks ago.

You need to go and checkout those threads to find if there is a solution.
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  12. one
    I have (shortly) checked the posts out: there is no solution description! There is just a list of in my case works, in my case it does not work!

Nice to know, but how to make it work?

Again is not a nuclear fusion problem we are talking about a very basic function keep the time correct or at least allow me to set it correct!!! It is something which has been working for ages with every device with every OS and it is nothing new or specual!!!

If palm brings something buggy on the market they should be fast enough to patch it!!!

This is not a "beta party" or a geeks party. This is a product sold on market for GOOD MONEY, this means it has to work, if not it has to be fixed!!

My granma would have the right not to be forced to "look on the posts of the US because they had the same problem 2 weeks ago and see if she finds the solution" she has the right to have the right time OUT OF THE BOX from a device which costs 400 euro!

US had the same problem 2 weeks ago??? Well that's even more ridiculous (one of the reason why palm goes down down down ???) that palm did not fix the bug jet with an update!
  13.    #33  
    One, I think your problem is more related to Palm/Timezone handling then to Clock Sync. Clock Sync internally works with the UTC which is not affected by daylight savings. Is the correct time displayed when you open Clock Sync? There the UTC time is fetched and webos functions are used to transform it according to the timezone.

That said I am also in europe and had no problems with Clock Sync or the daylight savings today.
  14. one
    The time zone (daylight saving time) problem got solved by itself (God knows how ...), so I apologize for my "being furious".

The wrong time problem is still there: ca. 2:30 min pro night -->
    I correct my time with ClockSync. Over night I do not have internet connection (I switch off my router and I do not have the data channel active). In the morning SyncClock corrects everyday ca. 2:30 min
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT View Post
    In my log it gets lots of FAILED sync's even though my WiFi is set to stay on ?

Also, Clock Sync misses many hours between FAILED attempts, even though it is set for 2 hours ?
    This seem to be fixed with 1.4.1

I did wonder if my original error was related to the 'background apps' bug that was introduced by Palm in 1.4

Even though the official webOS update log states that they fixed the 1.4 bug in 1.4.1.1 only, not 1.4.1, this is the 2nd app with a possible timing bug that seems to be fixed under 1.4.1 The other one is FileCoaster, that is now working ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Any plans to make Clock Sync work with WebOS 2?
  17.    #37  
    Hi inta,
    you are the first to ask for an upgrade. I didn't even know that it is broken in web OS 2.0, as I only have a non compatible device.
    Once I have a webOs 2.0 device (hint to HP: I applied for one in the dev program), I'll certainly have a look into the issue.
    If somebody else is willing to fix it, the code is open source and I accept patches: https://github.com/jocsch/ClockSync

Regards,
    Markus
    I do not know whether its broken or not, but it seems not to be available in Preware (at least on WebOS 2.1).
  19.    #39  
    Mhm strange. No idea why this does not work.
    Clock Sync 1.3 works fine in webOS 2.0.1 on my Pre 2.
    Pre3 (AT&T meta-doctored to ROW) webOS 2.2.4 build 3175
    TouchPad WiFi (32GB) - webOS 3.0.5 build 86
    App Catalog (US) - Vodafone (India)

Treo 180 > 270 > 600 > 650 > 680 > Pre+ > Pre2 > Pre+ > Pre3 & tPad
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast