Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    now I tried jus about everything I deleted apps I got from the app scoop app
    and still nothin. Everytime I try to download an app it always stays on donwloads and never downloads anything. After I check the app info it says it's info and in it's
    isze it says 0k. Can anyone help. I've had this for like about a week.
    Me 2. Go to your my applications list. Do you have a blank app stuck on pause?
    I had the same issue, I even chatted with a Palm tech for over 2 hours. Tried partial erase, full erase, everything. I finally took the phone back to Sprint and they swapped it out.
    Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    yeh I do have an app in pause how do I take it out?
    Remove the InstallHistory.db file from /var/palm/data/com.palm.appInstallService/

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    Awesome we have one of the WOI crew on the case! Thanks Rod!!!!! Now........
    Do you mean find and delete that file while in USB mode?
    If that's what you mean, then there is a problem, I have no such directory and a windows search of the pre showed no such file : (
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Awesome we have one of the WOI crew on the case! Thanks Rod!!!!! Now........
    Do you mean find and delete that file while in USB mode?
    If that's what you mean, then there is a problem, I have no such directory and a windows search of the pre showed no such file : (
    I've given you the Linux pathname. You cannot access it from USB mode.

It's up to you to research how to access the Linux command line and remove that file. Take care.

-- Rod
    WebOS Internals and Preware Founder and Developer
    You may wish to donate by Paypal to donations @ webos-internals.org if you find our work useful.
    All donations go back into development.
    www.webos-internals.org twitter.com/webosinternals facebook.com/webosinternals
    if you have internals app from homebrew catalog you can access it better that way . but if you want to access it with computer you have to unhide all files in the pre. but not sure if you can get to it that way either ?!
    Last edited by Shadavis08; 02/20/2010 at 07:14 PM.
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by rwhitby View Post
    I've given you the Linux pathname. You cannot access it from USB mode.

It's up to you to research how to access the Linux command line and remove that file. Take care.

-- Rod
    Awww shucks dad.... I don't wanna do my homework now.

Thanks Rod (and shadavis08) Searching precentral now
    Hmmm......attempts to delete that file with linux command line in WOSQI appear to be successful but the problem is not resolved : (
    Quote Originally Posted by babydaddy75 View Post
    Hmmm......attempts to delete that file with linux command line in WOSQI appear to be successful but the problem is not resolved : (
    if thats the case then the only fix i know of is a partial erase of the phone .
    ĦṔ-Ḷṫ-Ŧḯη
    Here is a direct link to webOS Doc for all carriers
    http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...octor_Versions
    P.S. if i have helped you and you are thankful please hit the thanks button to the right---->
    Quote Originally Posted by mxspikes21 View Post
    now I tried jus about everything I deleted apps I got from the app scoop app
    and still nothin. Everytime I try to download an app it always stays on donwloads and never downloads anything. After I check the app info it says it's info and in it's
    isze it says 0k. Can anyone help. I've had this for like about a week.
    This has been happening to me too. Not sure the cause. If I run luna manager and just do a refresh, the app icon is fine and the downloaded app runs.

This only happens for stuff from the app catalog. Things download and run from preware fine.

It's as if preware just isn't running an update to luna after the download completes.
    I FIXED IT!!!!! Here is what I did.... not sure exactly what fixed it out of these things. I went to Webos Quick Install and uninstalled anything I didn't recognize or depend on using daily. Then I luna reset. Then I went to the Luna Manager app and hit rescan. Then I hit Java reset. This seemed to hang the phone and said it couldn't find the package manager service so I held orange+sym+R to reset the phone. Then I retried the rescan and luna reset from Luna Manager. Then I checked My Applications and it was better. I can now download again. If it sounds like I lucked into a fix that is probably because I lucked into a fix. I don't know if taking Rod's advice and deleting that file before everything I just mentioned contributed or not. (No offense Rod) Good luck to anyone else trying to fix this.
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts
    I deleted the file with Internalz app and reset the phone (ORG+SYM+R) and its now downloading!! Thanks alot Rod.... u da mannnnnnn!!!!