1.    #1  
    I've been trying to find out if the classic emulator that runs Palm OS programs on the newer Palm WEB OS works with a MEDICAL WIZARDS program ER Suite. I've contacted MEDICAl WIZARDS but was unable to get a definitve answer. I have also contacted MOTION APPS. who produced the Classic Emulator and they have not specifically tested the ER Suite on this APP. so could not tell me for sure. Has anyone used this MEDICAL WIZARDS program or any MEDICAl WIZARD program on the Classic Emulator with success ?

Thanks, Tim
    Chances are your app will not work well there.

I find Classic emulation of Palm OS sluggish and disappointing.
    i find classic the opposite. It works fast and fine for the PalmOS apps I want to use
    Is there a free trial of the Medical Wizards suite? There are some doctors here in the forum. Maybe they could try them out for you?
    Found a trial version of the ER Suite and loaded it on my Pre Plus. It works fine. Opens quickly and is very responsive. Looks like a cool app. I'm a legal guy and not a medical guy so I'm not qualified to offer much more of an opinion than that.

If you decide to go with the Pre and Classic, be sure to read the directions on setting up the wireless hotsync. I thought Classic was OK until I figured out the wireless sync and then I really liked it. I loaded the ER Suite into Classic using the wireless sync. I also use it to sync Pocket Quicken and several other apps.

Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to test.
    Last edited by digorykirk; 02/19/2010 at 09:05 PM. Reason: Found the app in question and downloaded it to test it.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by digorykirk View Post
    Found a trial version of the ER Suite and loaded it on my Pre Plus. It works fine. Opens quickly and is very responsive. Looks like a cool app. I'm a legal guy and not a medical guy so I'm not qualified to offer much more of an opinion than that.

If you decide to go with the Pre and Classic, be sure to read the directions on setting up the wireless hotsync. I thought Classic was OK until I figured out the wireless sync and then I really liked it. I loaded the ER Suite into Classic using the wireless sync. I also use it to sync Pocket Quicken and several other apps.

Let me know if there is anything specific you would like to test.
    Thanks for the info. I have always liked and used Palm products for my PDA needs and the Palm Treo 650 was the last Phone PDA combo I've used. It was just too bulky. I've been debating on purchasing the Palm Pre Plus but really needed the function of the older Palm OS and some of the programs available for it. I think I'll give it a try. Again thanks for information.

Tim
    What other Palm OS programs are you wanting to run on the Pre? We can probably tell you if and how they work. My only Classic disappointment is Klondike by Electron Hut won't run in Classic. That was the only game I played on my Treo and TX.