Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I want the NPR app for WebOS bad. They have one for Android and the iphone and we should have one as well. Any ideas on who to bug for this??
    Download RadioTime. You can get streaming NPR from that.
  3.    #3  
    I will look into that, but I still want the app and am prepared to bug someone about it. Just don't know who. Does anyone know who made the app for iphone?
    Is it just me or do the radiotime stations not come in that well? DrPodder had a few NPR streams, but for sure, I'd love an NPR app too.
  5.    #5  
    Ok, I did some research. The company that made the app is called Bottle Rocket. I signed up on the site and requested the app for WebOS. I did get a pre-response email back from them with the direct email to NPR's mobile contact. I sent an email to NPR as well. I would assume the more people that bug them about it the better chance we will have of getting one made. If you want the NPR app start sending your emails.

nprmobile@npr.org
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    As a sprint customer WBUR, which is NPR in Boston, is part of your Sprint TV package.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    If I understand this...its not enough that all the national media is in the lefts pocket, so you are actively seeking out more propaganda?
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    If I understand this...its not enough that all the national media is in the lefts pocket, so you are actively seeking out more propaganda?
    Have a tinfoil hat collection do we?

Leave this tripe at the door please. It's not needed or wanted.
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    -They have a lot of art and culture pieces that have nothing to do with politics.
  10.    #10  
    To rksand:

Hmm, there is a wide range of programs on NPR if you bothered to ever check it out. Btw do you know who owns Fox television?? You sound fairly uninformed on many levels.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    To rksand:

Hmm, there is a wide range of programs on NPR if you bothered to ever check it out. Btw do you know who owns Fox television?? You sound fairly uninformed on many levels.
    You glean much from one comment! They do have many art and culture programs. I have been interviewed by them.

Something in me makes me push a button once in a while, just to see what happens.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    way to take this thread off topic. I'd like to see an npr app not read about polotics or art in a thread about a cellphone app.
  13.    #13  
    True! If you would like to see an NPR app, just send them an email.
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    My bad, I guess I was feeling a little cantankerous. So what makes a specific radio station app different from what radiotime does?
    Well, the NPR app for iPhone seems to do a LOT more than just stream audio. See NPR: NPR News App for the iPhone for details, including a guided tour.

Something like that might actually be reasonably easy for someone to homebrew for WebOS using the NPR API: http://www.npr.org/api/
  16.    #16  
    I did hear back from NPR, seems they have a small budget and do not have plans to build an app for WebOS. I still say to keep bugging them about it.

nprmobile@npr.org
    Last edited by Peterules; 02/19/2010 at 01:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peterules View Post
    I did hear back from NPR, seem they have a small budget and do not have plans to build an app for WebOS. I still say to keep bugging them about it.

nprmobile@npr.org
    awww diick! excuse my language. this was something i was really looking forward to.
  18.    #18  
    Still send an email, it will make a difference for sure! Just a quick email saying you would like to see an NPR app for Palm and WebOS. I would be curious what replies others might get?
    We should ask them to subsidize the cost of the Webos app by charging like .10 for the Apple one.
    Global Posts
    10 Global Posts
    I too listen to NPR quite a bit. (Car Talk and Wait Wait Don't Tell Me) One solution I have come across is to use Dr. Podder (Free). Its available in Preware. You basically just subscribe to the podcasts. The links are available on the NPR website for each show you want. The best part about this solution is that I can catch up on the shows when I go for a long drive.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast