Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugefunk84 View Post
    Download RadioTime. You can get streaming NPR from that.
    This x 10.
    Quote Originally Posted by rksand View Post
    If I understand this...its not enough that all the national media is in the lefts pocket, so you are actively seeking out more propaganda?
    Are you Serious?

What we do in life echoes in eternity.....

"Four things come not back:
    the spoken word,
    the sped arrow,
    the past life,
    the neglected opportunity."
    You glean much from one comment! They do have many art and culture programs. I have been interviewed by them.

Something in me makes me push a button once in a while, just to see what happens.
    I'd love to see an NPR app as well, mostly because I love the way it makes teabaggers foam at the mouth when you say "NPR".
    When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    The API looks like it provides everything the iPhone app has. Note that you can't sell an app that uses the data, so it would have to be free.
    Apps: MyQ for Netflix (Phone/TouchPad), Giantbomb (Phone), Excavate (Reddit/Digg clients for TouchPad)
  5.    #25  
    If someone made an NPR app that would be awesome. For now, I would still request it from NPR, who knows...
    If I understand this...its not enough that all the national media is in the lefts pocket, so you are actively seeking out more propaganda?
    Yeah Plus one on a NPR app, I would love that.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Would love to see an NPR app for WebOS. Just sent them an email. If you're a member of your local NPR affiliate, mention that in the email, too.
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    I'm probably center-right politically, but also not overtly partisan.

I Listen to NPR most mornings; they have fantastic, bite-sized, headline science pieces. As for NPR politics, I'm aware it tends to lean left, but it's always best to get your information from a full range of sources to better gather a full picture of an issue instead of (perhaps unintentionally) slanted arguments. With that in mind, I also watch Fox News, and am aware they lean right.

Do your own thing, but just try to be tolerant of other view-points, even if you disagree with them. I'm aware your specific comment wasn't overly nasty, but it did feel a bit self-righteous. Maybe that wasn't your intention. Eh, text is a game of interpretation.
    You can get all of NPR on Stitcher radio which I HIGHLY Recommend. They have an NPR channel or you can find their shows under channels that are topical (news etc) or can play individual shows. Very easy to use, Very Accessible,

With Stitcher you really do not need a separate NPR app. Its all there and unlike Radio Time which only streams on Stitcher you can hear ANY show ANY Time at your convenience.
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    I sent NPR an emailóhere is their reply:

Not in the cards, Iím afraid. Hereís a graph showing the percentage of US media companies that have developed or plan to develop apps on various platforms:

Palm just doesnít have the user base we need for a launch to be worth our time.

**** ***** for NPR
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Try Stitcher, or RadioTime, or
    try the Public Radio app. Not official NPR app, but close enough.
    http://www.precentral.net/app-galler...g/public-radio

If they don't have the feed for your station, email the Dev and they will add it! Of course, RadioTime will update stations for you too if not already there.

Hope that helps.
    sticher now has streaming radio, npr included
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ravsteve View Post
    You can get all of NPR on Stitcher radio which I HIGHLY Recommend. They have an NPR channel or you can find their shows under channels that are topical (news etc) or can play individual shows. Very easy to use, Very Accessible,

With Stitcher you really do not need a separate NPR app. Its all there and unlike Radio Time which only streams on Stitcher you can hear ANY show ANY Time at your convenience.
    RadioTime has Podcasts for NPR as well as thousands of other stations/programs as well. They're listed under "Podcasts", last item on the main menu.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
    My local station (KQED) has a streaming page, and if you choose to play via a stand alone player, it will stream and play just fine on the Pre. Works for me..

here is the link: http://www.kqed.org/radio/listen/
    Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    News Radio is an NPR app that seems very similar to the iphone app (I don't have an iphone, so I can't say positively, but the description is pretty close). It streams NPR stations (and will find by zip code), plays NPR programs, and posts text stories with audio links.
    There is also the Public Radio app as noted earlier. I tried that one and didn't care for it.
    If you want everything in one place, then RadioTime is the way to go.
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    We (aeidataworks.com) created News Radio to emulate the functionality of the Android NPR application.

It has almost all of the same functionality. More cool stuff coming soon!

-- matt
    news radio is the best app for npr imo on the pre
    I like to use Mediafly to listen to NPR.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12