Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    So back in July 2009 Popcap announced plans to develop for webOS. And we've heard nothing since. Anyone heard anything through the grapevine on when - of if - we are ever going to see some stuff from Popcap for the Pre?

Sean
    Maybe they're waiting for Flash? haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
  3.    #3  
    Hey, that is a very good point, Spader. Didn't think about that. But if Gameloft can throw out all these well-done 3D games without flash, and if PopCap (and Astraware) was able to make all the games for the Palm OS without flash, and if PopCap has been able to make all this for other platforms without flash, you'd think it wouldn't be that big of a deal.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    i sent an email to them a couple months ago and got a response that ea and 2 other companies i cant remember handle the mobile games for them. didnt follow up with them cuz i was lazy
    Who even knows if Popcap has the PDK yet to be able to port some of their games.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by krashed View Post
    i sent an email to them a couple months ago and got a response that ea and 2 other companies i cant remember handle the mobile games for them. didnt follow up with them cuz i was lazy
    Yeah. Astraware always did the Popcap games for Palm OS. Maybe someone should contact them. I'll work on that when I get home.
  7.    #7  
    Got a response from Astraware via twitter:

@headgamer Hi! Now that Palm have released a more extensive development kit, we are definitely looking at webOS titles. AB
    So hopefully we'll hear some news about Prejeweled or Prepeggle soon...
    Having peggle or plants vs zombies wherever you go... might never got anything useful done.
  9.    #9  
    Well, Astraware only handles Popcap games for Palm OS and Windows Mobile. So still trying to get Popcap to respond, but still no dice. Not a good sign.
    Yeah, just saw that Plants vs Zombies moved 1 million on IPhone, hoping to show Popcap some love on webOS...
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Got a response from Astraware via twitter:

So hopefully we'll hear some news about Prejeweled or Prepeggle soon...
    I just hope they call it preggle.
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Thought I'd do an update on here, still havent got a valid response from popcap, but looks like astraware isn't involved

Astraware Support (sent by paul@astraware.com)

Hi Krashed,

I'm afraid we have not been involved in creating Palm Pre versions of any of the PopCap games. I don't believe they have created any, but if you contact them directly they may be able to tell you if they are going to do it or not. However our own Palm Pre Development is going really well and you should be seeing our titles available for the Pre soon

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

Best Wishes,
    Paul
    i hope it happens
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by headgamer View Post
    Well, Astraware only handles Popcap games for Palm OS and Windows Mobile. So still trying to get Popcap to respond, but still no dice. Not a good sign.
    this is correct - popcap partners with whoever they think is more worthy.

astraware had the deal with palm os and windows mobile. another party is used with the iphone and most likely the palm pre. thats just how it is, you have to nag popcap directly and then point them to a developer who can do it if they dont want to do it internally. there are plenty of clones out there, if you want bejewelled, check out smiles.
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    I was disappointed to find that Smiles is not a clone of Bejeweled. It's similar in some ways, but it replaces tiles rather than swapping them. It's an OK game, but you have to evaluate it on its own terms.
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I was disappointed to find that Smiles is not a clone of Bejeweled. It's similar in some ways, but it replaces tiles rather than swapping them. It's an OK game, but you have to evaluate it on its own terms.
    bummer - we did a bejeweled clone many years ago, but never released it. would not be difficult to bring all of popcap's titles over to the platform, but as others have mentioned, are they interested? would they partner with someone (like astraware, or even ourselves)?

i guess that is up to them, they own the rights to their titles.

PS: we do PDK titles, if you want to recommend us as developers to them - be our guest!
    // Aaron Ardiri
    Mobile 1UP, http://www.mobile1up.com/
    Caveman, Caveman HD (touchpad), Cronk and GW Series available on web OS
    I got a response, and they said they were going to port their games to all smartphones!
    give them time
    The reponse I got the other day was

Hello,

Thank you for contacting PopCap Games Customer Support. We hope the following information will be of help to you.

We’re hard at work on porting our games to virtually every console and handheld platform on the planet!

Our upcoming plans include Sony PS2, Xbox 360, various Nintendo platforms including Nintendo DS, as well as more games for mobile phones, BlackBerry and other portable devices. Stay tuned to our web site PopCap Games - Home of the World's Best Free Online Games or sign up to our Newsletter for news and updates!

Subscribe to PopCap Games' newsletter for news, previews, tips and special offers -
    http://www.popcap.com/subscribe.php.

Please come visit us again at PopCap Games - Home of the World's Best Free Online Games!
    Edit: LOL, just noticed they listed the PS2 and not the PS3... Typo?
    Quote Originally Posted by sinime View Post
    Edit: LOL, just noticed they listed the PS2 and not the PS3... Typo?

Either that... or a very OLD form letter reply. haha
    Follow me on teh Twitterz
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast