Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    OK, I need some help. I am currently running classic and Datebk6p. Works fine. Now, I have Missing Sync for Palm OS on my Mac that I used with my Centro. I installed the Missing Sync .prc file on Classic. Now, when I connect the Pre to the Mac with the USB cable, and try to sync with HotSync manager, there is no option for local sync. OK, so I tried network sync, and entered the right IP address for the computer. That fires up Missing Sync on the computer, but it does not sync. It fails. Additionally, I want to make sure once I get this right that I don't mess up the user. I have my old user "Daniel Rich" with its backup files in the documents folder labeled Palm. That is how Missing Sync sets it up. Now, I have Classic set up with the same user name, but I don't want the computer to overwrite the hand held because many of the programs are different in Classic. So, how do I get sync working? Just can't seem to get it done.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    OK, by some miracle, I got this to work. I had an old user on my Mac with my centro, so I used the same user name for Classic. Now, I deleted a network profile on Classic, and somehow, it logged onto Missing Sync over my wireless and synced. It asked me if I wanted to restore my old backup files to the hand held, and I said no, so it archived all the old data, which is exactly what I wanted it to do. It synced just fine. Now, interestingly, after the sync, it said that Datebk6 performed an illegal operation, and shut down Classic. But Classic was working fine. So I can live with that glitch.
    Wait, you actually got it to work? I've had no luck at all. I don't even remember now, but there was something about the first sync *couldn't* be done over WiFi, or something like that, and I had given up. Could you explain exactly how you got it to work?
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    well, I'm not sure! First, my situation might be a bit different than yours. I already had a user profile on my Mac because I had a centro. So in classic I used the same user name. I enabled network syncing in MissingSync preferences. In classic I put in the IP address of my Mac. I also made sure that my classic had the MissingSync prc installed. Then I network hot synced over wifi and it works! Only issue is after the sync classic closes with a datebk6 error. But the sync is perfect and repeatable.
    Global Posts
    201 Global Posts
    OK, I opened up a ticket with Missing Sync, and here is the response they gave me regarding hot sync on Mac in Classic:

"Thank you for contacting MotionApps!

HotSync between Classic on Pre and your PC cannot be performed via USB cable, only via Bluetooth and WiFi.

There is no reason for HotSync not to work if you followed the procedure at HotSync in Classic, so if the setup and the IP you are using are correct and if you do not have something preventing your Pre to connect to your PC (such as firewalls) you should be able to sync Classic with Missing Sync.

If your Mac is equipped with a Bluetooth you may try to perform a Hotsync through Bluetooth PAN connection.

If there is anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Best Regards,
    MotionApps Support Team

Follow us on Twitter MotionApps Classic (_Classic) on Twitter

Hang out with us on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/maclassic"

Now, as stated in my previous post, this is now working for me over wireless at my house. So it does work, but troubleshooting it may be difficult!
    Hey, thanks! And I was beginning to think it was impossible ...