1.    #1  
    Is there any WebOS App or even Web App that gives a phrased forecast?

A picture, high and low temps, and percent chance of precipitation are just not enough for me. Even once broken down hour by hour. Call me old' fashioned ... I just want a paragraph to read!
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    - wallpapers/boot themes - here
    - Black n' Gold theme - here
    I just go to the NWS' mobile site and read the forecast discussions. It's not the best formatting but it works for me.

mobile.weather.gov
    bweather gives a forecast summary when you click on the days at the bottom. Might be something you are interested in.
    Quote Originally Posted by MLJones8 View Post
    Is there any WebOS App or even Web App that gives a phrased forecast?

A picture, high and low temps, and percent chance of precipitation are just not enough for me. Even once broken down hour by hour. Call me old' fashioned ... I just want a paragraph to read!
    The weather channel app does this on the 36 hour view.

If you use an adblocking hosts file, you don't get the annoying ads, either :-)
    I use an RSS feed reader to link out to the NWS alert page. I haven't tried linking to a forecast page, but no reason it shouldn't work there too.
    weather bug is great,,like yr own little weather station.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by alpinejag View Post
    I just go to the NWS' mobile site and read the forecast discussions. It's not the best formatting but it works for me.

mobile.weather.gov
    Good find, I'll give it a bookmark... the formatting is very dissapointing to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Spydrbutt View Post
    bweather gives a forecast summary when you click on the days at the bottom. Might be something you are interested in.
    I'll check into this.

Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    The weather channel app does this on the 36 hour view.

If you use an adblocking hosts file, you don't get the annoying ads, either :-)
    Not sure how I missed the 36 hour view... still not as detailed as I would like.

-- But please explain this adblocking host file ... sounds fantastic.
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    -- But please explain this adblocking host file ... sounds fantastic.
    I have a script on my pre that I run manually every now and then to download the one at http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.txt

That script also "un-dosifies" (removes the ^Ms) the file and puts the correct localhost entries back in.

Basically, being a linux device, you just replace /etc/hosts with one that has entries that point to your own device for malicious sites. Since there is no server running, you immediately get a connection refused and blank content where the ad would be.

Here's another place to go, but I found that it isn't updated as often as I'd like, and isn't currently doing well with mobile (admob, etc) ads. But the cool thing here is you could do it as iptables rules, or bind configs, whatever:

Ad blocking with ad server hostnames and IP addresses

A third option is to use the tweak included with WOSQI. I just prefer to do personal config stuff on my own, is all, and showing others how basic things on this OS work is more fun anyway :-)

Precentral Forums Thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-browser.html
    Have you found any weather programs that provide barometric pressure data? I miss 4Cast for Palm OS that had a great summary of current conditions and the temperature chart for the weekly forecast. It will run in Classic, but it is a pain to run Classic just to run that program. I have e-mailed the developer and he is not working on a webOS version yet because he can't get a phone to test it on in Israel. I have offered to beta test for him, but he hasn't taken me up on it yet.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    I have a script on my pre that I run manually every now and then to download the one at http://www.mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.txt

That script also "un-dosifies" (removes the ^Ms) the file and puts the correct localhost entries back in.

Basically, being a linux device, you just replace /etc/hosts with one that has entries that point to your own device for malicious sites. Since there is no server running, you immediately get a connection refused and blank content where the ad would be.

Here's another place to go, but I found that it isn't updated as often as I'd like, and isn't currently doing well with mobile (admob, etc) ads. But the cool thing here is you could do it as iptables rules, or bind configs, whatever:

Ad blocking with ad server hostnames and IP addresses

A third option is to use the tweak included with WOSQI. I just prefer to do personal config stuff on my own, is all, and showing others how basic things on this OS work is more fun anyway :-)

Precentral Forums Thread:
    http://forums.precentral.net/web-os-...g-browser.html
    That sounds a little bit out of my league... I was hoping for a simple file replacement/edit or more user friendly instructions.

Quote Originally Posted by digorykirk View Post
    Have you found any weather programs that provide barometric pressure data? I miss 4Cast for Palm OS that had a great summary of current conditions and the temperature chart for the weekly forecast. It will run in Classic, but it is a pain to run Classic just to run that program. I have e-mailed the developer and he is not working on a webOS version yet because he can't get a phone to test it on in Israel. I have offered to beta test for him, but he hasn't taken me up on it yet.
    There is a barometer reading @ mobile.weather.gov
    Pre|central Peacekeepers
    Share your Mizzou pride:
    Thanks, I'll check it out.