1.    #1  
    i noticed that youtube videos cant be viewed anymore bc they already have it set up for flash. why are they already doing this if theres not even flash to be had?
    I think you're mistaken. You can still view youtube in the usual way via the youtube app.
    I can't recall having any problems either, are you sure your trying to view a youtube video and not something else?
  4.    #4  
    well for example on the precentral.com site i was trying to view dieters preview of flash or w.e and theres a play button with a stop sign in front of it, and when u click in it blows it up full screen but is unplayable
    It's a 'glitch' with youtube - noone's really explained it to me properly, but there are some videos which just can't be loaded via mobile youtube clients. You'd find that if you tried to load the same link on a Nexus or a Droid it wouldn't work either.

Rest assured your other youtube links still work
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Its nothing to do with youtube. In fact for every video on their site there is a 'genuine' video to account for it, such as mp4.

to view youtube in mobile, we have all been using rtsp:// protocol with youtube providing almost every video with an equivalent .3gp format (again, 'genuine' video)

flv is not genuine video format - no one actually knows what it is, but to the point... if you view the source of this site, the youtube 'flash' embeds are in fact just that 'flash embeds' there is no fall-back method to view it in rtsp:// if you click it.
    instead, you click it and the browser has just enough code to know to display an icon for you.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    if you're further interested to know how youtube works and has been working on your phone, load up YouTube - Broadcast Yourself. on your workstation browser
    flv is a flash video extension
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    youtube may have processed this video to 3gp format by now, which could work if its linked properly... try here :

rtsp://v1.cache2.c.youtube.com/CkYLENy73wIaPQnGsCeULm6-YBMYESARFEIJbXYtZ29vZ2xlSARSBXdhdGNoWg5DbGlja1RodW1ibmFpbGD7xMyowO2mpUsM/0/0/0/video.3gp
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    I do think personally it would make sense that the P|C editors do add a link just below the flash embeds so that those of us browsing with our phones could seamlessly click that link instead of bothering with the flash embed, and still continue to the youtube 3gp video.
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    I do think personally it would make sense that the P|C editors do add a link just below the flash embeds so that those of us browsing with our phones could seamlessly click that link instead of bothering with the flash embed, and still continue to the youtube 3gp video.
    i agree because i try to watch youtube vids on certain sites and im not even able to play the