1.    #1  
    Today marks the official release of the latest version of Paratrooper (version 1.4). The free upgrade for existing users includes:

1. 10 more levels for a total of 45 (some easy, some tricky)
    2. Some new objects to play with. Our favorite is the trampoline
    3. Slightly adjusted scoring. You can score a higher final score now by completing a level quicker. That means you can beat those global high scores again!

We're always interested in your feedback and would love to hear what you think of the newest additions to Paratrooper. What type of level is your favorite?

Sincerely,

Rob
    I know you can use the ringer switch to turn off the sounds, but it'd be nice if there was an in-game option for it as well. And one of the sounds is really crackly- the parachute opening sound.

Otherwise it's great.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I know you can use the ringer switch to turn off the sounds, but it'd be nice if there was an in-game option for it as well. And one of the sounds is really crackly- the parachute opening sound.
    Great idea. We'll include that in the next release. The crackling effect was introduced when Palm updated the phone to 1.3.5 so we're hoping it goes away in 1.4.0 to be released soon. But, in either case having a mute setting in game is a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    Otherwise it's great.
    Thanks so much for the feedback.

Rob
    will you be releasing the full version in the uk in march?
    idk if anyone can answer this question but how do you beat level 27? i get the 100 points get a low deployment and a perfect landing.
    Will get the update today and give it a whirl. I liked the earlier editions.
    Achill3s' Palm Pre: Modded and patched to death!!
    level 27?? anybody?? lol
  8.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by keatsseven View Post
    will you be releasing the full version in the uk in march?
    Absolutely. Paratrooper is already submitted to Palm for UK release as soon as Palm opens the store. It should be in the first batch of apps. Thanks for your interest!

Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    idk if anyone can answer this question but how do you beat level 27? i get the 100 points get a low deployment and a perfect landing.
    Depending on which version of Paratrooper you have, Level 27 is a different level. What's the level name?

On any level, one of the best techniques is to deploy the paratroopers as close to each other as possible. Paratroopers that land within 1 second of the previous trooper get double (!) landing points. That should help.

You'll also find the time bonus helps you pass levels and achieve higher scores in this latest release.

Sincerely,

Rob
    Thanks Rob for making a great game even better!

I did run into one glitch/bug you might want to be aware of. At one point while playing the game, the score on the bottom left hand corner alternated between an old score and the new score. This stopped after I quit the game and restarted.

JasonT
    Quote Originally Posted by rbredow View Post
    Absolutely. Paratrooper is already submitted to Palm for UK release as soon as Palm opens the store. It should be in the first batch of apps. Thanks for your interest!

Depending on which version of Paratrooper you have, Level 27 is a different level. What's the level name?

On any level, one of the best techniques is to deploy the paratroopers as close to each other as possible. Paratroopers that land within 1 second of the previous trooper get double (!) landing points. That should help.

You'll also find the time bonus helps you pass levels and achieve higher scores in this latest release.

Sincerely,

Rob
    It was the level called drop and go but i figured out you just need to score 2000
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by doctorzeph View Post
    I did run into one glitch/bug you might want to be aware of.
    Thanks for the report. We haven't seen that one yet but we'll keep an eye out for it and get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by hangman0000 View Post
    It was the level called drop and go but i figured out you just need to score 2000
    The most recent release (v1.4) includes a clarification in the messages on that level to make it more clear how to pass. Thanks again!

Sincerely,

Rob
    Rob,

I LOVE this game! Can't seem to stop playing it to get those high scores.

Anyhow, from playing the game so much I discovered what I think is another intermittent bug--occasionally paratroopers come out with chutes fully deployed and drop as though they didn't have chutes and when you tap on them they slow down; if you don't tap on them they die as if they didn't have chutes.

The other glitch with the alternating scores only happened after there was a problem transmitting a high score (stalled).

JasonT
  13.    #13  
    LOVE this game! Can't seem to stop playing it to get those high scores.
    Glad you're loving it! Some of those high scores are getting pretty high!

occasionally paratroopers come out with chutes fully deployed and drop as though they didn't have chutes.
    The other glitch with the alternating scores only happened after there was a problem transmitting a high score (stalled).
    Thanks for the very helpful reports. We've filed internal bugs and hope to have both resolved in a future release.

Who from PreCentral has a global high score right now? I'd love to meet the person who scored 300,316 (!) points on the More Planes level!

Rob
    I wanted to bring up some ideas for future levels:

A floating target out on the water; A moving target like a flatbed truck; Enemies (birds, flak, etc.).

Wish I had that hi score for "More Planes". However, did get high scores for Ripcord (2393,2393), Barnstorming (11007,10975,10787), Windmill (2391,2391,2389), Go Higher (1895,1893,1893), Electrifyin' (11862,10878), Power Pellets (12420,11644), Bounce (11641,11352,10767), Water II (3888), Sneak (12115,11119,11111), Between (2391), Under Star (2392,2391), Radio Tower (2391,2391,2390), It Blows (1544,1543,1541), TrooperPalooza (9572,9541), Minefield (1996,1996), Narrow (1246), Many Troopers (5779), Blasto (9868,9488,9357), Danger Lurks (2391,2390,2389), Breezy (1620), Lotsapoints (4857,4828), A Star (1096), Bouncer Breeze (419), Very Many (8563,8293), Impossible? (996), Windmill Plus (2391,2390,2336), Drop n Go (8385,7532,7405), Where? (2390,2386,2335), The Trees (3890,3888), The Squeeze (1595,1595,1594), Drop Faster (2890,2888), Seventeen (5778), Windy Lurker (2389,2330,2329), Luck (1688,1487), Narrow Windy (2390,2389,2225).

My favorites: Radio Tower, Blasto, Drop n Go, Where?, Windmill, Narrow Windy (very hard, but not as hard as Impossible? IMO).

Guess I'll have to try More Planes again. Hope all that furious tapping on the touchscreen doesn't damage my Pre!

Still my favorite game on the Pre.

Jason T
    Last edited by doctorzeph; 05/08/2010 at 01:16 AM.
    My favorite level is Windy Bounce I have global high scores of 838 775 and 774. The trick is to start very very early, bounce 5 times and get a perfect landing with low deployment. Very fun game, thanks a lot for it!
    "We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work."
    Figured out "A Star". It's a tough one! You have to get the 100 pt power pellet 1st then maneuver around the bounce star and then try to land all the troopers perfectly. It requires timing, quick movements, and PATIENCE. Good luck!
    Hooray for the update -- 1.5! 5 new levels including that uber difficult last one, Narrow Windy. That last one is very tricky due to the narrow entry point, added wind element. Hats off to the developer for regularly updating this great game.