Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    downloading/installing now. I'll keep you guys posted.
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
  2.    #2  
    done installing. taking lots of screenshots. I'll post em soon. First impression: UI is MUCH nicer than Lexi...
    Handspring Visorphone -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700p -> Treo Pro -> Pre -> NS4G -> FrankenPre 2
  3.    #3  
    OK. this app is FAST. At first glance, there isn't as much reference depth as LexiComp; but there's plenty for the practitioner. and it's beautiful to look at. It also looks like there's TONS of calculators in MedMath. I can't stress how fast this is. I just realized I had two instances of Twee, a browser window, and my email app open while I was using Epocrates; nary a hiccup. Oh, I'm on a Sprint Pre, btw. Pics coming up next.
    where were you able to download it?...just checked the app catalog and appscoop...couldn't find it...
    Downloading now myself.

I was invited via the beta program, for a test period.

didn't have any NDA and i'm sure epocrates dosn't mind some press.

I'll also have updates as I try it out.
    Any idea when it will be ready for general release?
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    How might one receive an invite to become a Beta Tester?
  8.    #8  
    looking at the fit and finish, I can't imagine it'll be long, but no I have no specific idea when it'll be out of beta/released.
  9.    #9  
    Windzilla - my thoughts exactly
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    ?Is it too late to be included in the beta testing?
    Patrice
    Virginia
    Works like nothing else!
    You are correct, it is blazingly fast.

very clean interface, extremely finger friendly. Not sure I should publish any pics, as they have a lengthy intro about distributing content, I don't want to cross any lines.
  12.    #12  
    Ok guys, ~50 screenshots. Enjoy!

**REMOVED**

pulled the screenshots until I get an OK from epocrates that it's ok to post 'em.
    Last edited by RizP; 02/16/2010 at 09:08 PM.
  13.    #13  
    I received a beta test invite last week. I had been in contact with them since ~ December.
    please we need this app asap....

my lexi expires in March, my pepid expires on Feb 28. I am really holding off a lot.

I hope it comes next week!!
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    You are correct, it is blazingly fast.

very clean interface, extremely finger friendly. Not sure I should publish any pics, as they have a lengthy intro about distributing content, I don't want to cross any lines.
    crap. ok...I'd better pull the album. I'll e-mail epocrates and make sure that's ok and post it again.
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    crap. ok...I'd better pull the album. I'll e-mail epocrates and make sure that's ok and post it again.
    yea, i was reading through it and was like, dang, maybe i should hold off.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind a pic of just the icon right?
    There are four lights.
  17.    #17  
    yea, i was reading through it and was like, dang, maybe i should hold off.

I'm sure they wouldn't mind a pic of just the icon right?
    To be honest, I was so excited to start using the app, I breezed through the 1st page of the disclaimer, and only skimmed the second
    the disclaimer didn't say anything about talking about the app, or how it works, more about the content and copyrights. You could probably show the ui without issue. But your approch of emailing them is probably wisest.
  19.    #19  
    the disclaimer didn't say anything about talking about the app, or how it works, more about the content and copyrights. You could probably show the ui without issue. But your approch of emailing them is probably wisest.
    Yeah, that was my conclusion as well. Hopefully the response'll be quick Tomorrow's a heavy clinic day, so I'm really glad I'll have this to use. Did that first page mention anything about the expiration of the beta? I know the testing period is very short...
    The beta was made available on the 16th for a few testers on an invitation basis. The testing period was until Feb 18th (today) when feedback is due.

The beta didn't take too long to download, but it did take quite a while to install and for the database initialization to complete. Once loaded though it is pretty snappy/responsive. Quite intuitive and with a very clean interface. As a beta release it is pretty bare bones but still a great preview.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast