Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by RizP View Post
    Yeah, that was my conclusion as well. Hopefully the response'll be quick Tomorrow's a heavy clinic day, so I'm really glad I'll have this to use. Did that first page mention anything about the expiration of the beta? I know the testing period is very short...

as far as the expiration, there is something in the email about how to uninstall, it isn't clear that we have to remove it, but that it is a beta program and will not receive updates.

they have a picture of the program up on their site now, so I would imagine a similar screen shot is not something they would mind.

a twitter search led me to a picture of the app catalog install screen posted by another user.

any replies on your email?
    Last edited by windzilla; 02/18/2010 at 12:20 PM.
    feel bad about being left out of the beta they told me they were going to. cant wait!
    I didn't like the leicomp one, wouldn't mind trying another one during my clinical rotations.
    Do you know if the pricing structure will be the same - Epocrates Rx for free, Epocrates Pro $99, Epocrates Essentials $159, Epocrates Essentials Deluxe $199 ?
    My device history:

- Jim J.

(On Sprint for many years)
    First time poster here...

Can someone with a Palm Pre verify that epocrates is available for download in the App Catalog? It looks as though the epocrates website is undergoing some changes to reflect that epocrates is out for webOS in beta, but frustratingly the links lead to the same old "Coming Soon" page. Epocrates for Android appears to be live. And then I found this gem:

epocrates.com/products/rx/webos-instructions.html

Is it true? Please oh please...
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by danchoi View Post
    First time poster here...

Can someone with a Palm Pre verify that epocrates is available for download in the App Catalog? It looks as though the epocrates website is undergoing some changes to reflect that epocrates is out for webOS in beta, but frustratingly the links lead to the same old "Coming Soon" page. Epocrates for Android appears to be live. And then I found this gem:

epocrates.com/products/rx/webos-instructions.html

Is it true? Please oh please...
    Hey, myself and at least one other forum member were in the beta test last week. I spoke with a rep from epocrates to give feedback on the beta test. I asked when it would be made available for release to the app catalog, and, though I can't give you a specific date (I don't work there, but I've been a member here @ SPE since 2004, fwiw.), I was left with the strong impression that the release was going to be soon, bordering on imminent. It's not vaporware (I used it in clinic all day yesterday), so don't sweat.
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Can't wait for this! I am not loving Lexi-comp, and the Drugview app sucks
    I just spoke with epocrates and the rep told me that they submitted the app to palm for approval. She expects it to drop this week maybe today! Awesome
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    Palm better pull out all the stops and get ePocrates out the door ASAP if they have any hope of stemming the exit of former PalmOS Medical users. In my medical group of 75+ providers (of whom 80% previously used a PalmOS device), there are only TWO of us currently using a WebOS device, and the other one just told me she's giving up and switching to the iPhone!

Aside from the ongoing hardware and usability issues, Palm needs to get Skyscape and other medical publishers on board ASAP.

Even so, it still may be too little, too late (as Merrill Lynch concluded today).
    Nice! Now the question is, when is Epocrates Essentials going to be out for those who already have subscriptions?

I really want to get rid of my blackberry and get a palm pre plus, but I've been holding out for epocrates. I'm beginning to think I may need to just use the Classic emulator as a bridge if I want to use all the features in Essentials. How usable is epocrates on the emulator? Is it fast enough and relatively easy to access info?
    thanks for the link!!
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Awesome! Thanks!
    If you would like to watch the video demo of Epocrates Beta in wmv format, here is the link:

Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    Epocrates is in app catalog! Just search for it. Takes a while for it to download, then a while to initialize, but it's worth it. It's quick, powerful and beautiful user interface. Finally!!!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12