Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jk175d View Post
    if Skpe come to the Pre, would that enable Skype calls to be made over wi-fi when no network is available? I'm thinking specifically of international travel situations. TIA
    Yes.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
    I had a a HTC Touch Pro 2 and loved that I could video conference on it! If I got Skype for my Pre, I would be in HEAVEN!!!
    Voted.
    Thread count is at 202. That looks like a lot of support for this.
  4.    #24  
    back uppp we need more
    +1 i voted, but we still need moar!
    The support is awesome, but everyone needs to be talking to palm, not skype. Skype can do absolutely nothing until Palm decides to let them use the microphone. As of right now this is completely out of Skype's control.
    Thanks;done!
    Count me in too...Posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    The support is awesome, but everyone needs to be talking to palm, not skype. Skype can do absolutely nothing until Palm decides to let them use the microphone. As of right now this is completely out of Skype's control.
    This is a good point...Palm needs to open up an API for the mic to make this an enticing venture for developers like Skype (or the Shazam developers, or any dev writing mic related apps).
  10.    #30  
    haha fine fine...where is the forum to post on..or the email we need to pester?
    Quote Originally Posted by wunderbar View Post
    The PDK will have access to the mic. Being that the video recording app is probably written in C and not in the mojo languages, makes me believe the PDK will have mic access.

From what I gather porting the existing iPhone app over can be done right now with the webos internals pdk.
    Palm Vx -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Centro -> Pre (Launch Phone 06/06/09) -> AT&T Pre Plus with Sprint EVDO swap -> Samsung Epic 4G w/ Froyo
  12.    #32  
    ahhh... so who do i need to bother to get this to work
    does anyone know a skype staff member that we could pm? i think that would help to call attention to the thread!
    Quote Originally Posted by mastermayhm069 View Post
    [url= Pre - Support the device! - Skype Community[/url]

go there and pipe up...maybe our badass community can get something sturred up
    added my vote too !
    It might also help if people go to: Download Skype for your mobile with their WebOS device.
    It registers what kind of phone you use. If enough WebOS devices try it, it might also give them an extra indication how much interest there is.
    < M105 - M130 - M515 - T|T3 - Clié UX50 - T|x - Pré - Pré 2 - TouchPad 16GB>
    [url]
    I posted my request. Thanks for informing us!
    done
    I would be a customer of Skype if it worked on the Pre.
    Former Centro, Treo 700P, Treo 600, Tungsten T, M505 and PalmIII user...currently a Pre owner.
    Global Posts
    930 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hz-R View Post
    It might also help if people go to: Download Skype for your mobile with their WebOS device.
    It registers what kind of phone you use. If enough WebOS devices try it, it might also give them an extra indication how much interest there is.
    clicked link, hopefully we get something.....

Digg my story http://digg.com/d31Qenl?tto help raise $$$ & awareness for webOS, Palm Pre, HP.

#WebOS Internals "Telethon"#Palm Pre http://bit.ly/7q1Mc
    Global Posts
    230 Global Posts
    I did reply too!!!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast