Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Curious what codecs the video player handle and if its possible to add others?

Its not working properly with SVT's (Swedish TV) streamed transmissions for mobile devices, you get inverted colours and similar faults.

Been trying to contact SVT too but havent got hold of anyone there yet that could say what codec they use.

Edited to say that SVT gave me a call back and they use .h264 but since the Pre isnt sold here yet its not recognized by their website. Apparently there are different versions of the codec and the webserver senses what device you got but since the Pre aint listed yet the server seem to use a version not compatible with the Pre.
    Last edited by Andreas; 02/16/2010 at 08:15 AM.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    This should help:

Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    From the Palm Website:
    Media formats supported

Audio formats: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR, QCELP, WAV
    Video formats: MPEG-4, H.263, H.264

If you don't know what any of those file/container types are, you should do some studying up on it (Google is your friend). Read the Handbreak site for reference.
    I'm not sure about adding new codecs, but I doubt this is possible at the moment.
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Thanks, noticed that a live broadcast worked flawless today while the recorded tv-shows didnt atleast now I can refer to a whats works and whats not. Will try and contact them again so they get the server setup for the Pre.
    Treo 180 270 600 650 Centro Pre Pr3 tPad tPad4G
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    This should help:

I'm not sure about adding new codecs, but I doubt this is possible at the moment.
    Will Flash 10.1 add anything to the party ?
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
    Presumably .flv & .swf should play - if they're local files you may need to install Lighty Web Server from Preware to view them in your browser.