Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Google Account Search Beta 1.2.1 is now available in the Palm Beta Channel.

Changes:
    * experimental Turbo mode (enable in Preferences) for even faster calendar searches
    * option to not save passwords
    * bug fixes
    I recently purchased Google Account Search and think its a great app that really is a the missing link. I was using agenda for quite some time and there is one thing that Agenda does that I was wondering if GAS would be able to support. Can it be configured to read any of the other calendars on the Pre, more specifically an Exchange calendar? The reason I ask is that I use Outlook 2010 and Google Calendar Sync does not work for 2010 and the only events missing for me using GAS are my work related events.

Thanks
    Mike
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Unfortunately, no. No App is allowed to search calenders or contacts that it did not create.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Google Account Search 1.3.0 now available in the Palm App Catalog!

Changes:
    * experimental Turbo mode (enable in Preferences) for even faster calendar searches
    * option to not save passwords
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Google Account Search 1.3.1 now available in the Palm App Catalog!

Changes:
    * automatic update check
    * bug fixes
    sidamos with the app catalog google account search that searches all apps and contacts so we don't need to have this one and your other app installed correct?
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    sidamos with the app catalog google account search that searches all apps and contacts so we don't need to have this one and your other app installed correct?
    You mean, if you need "Google Calendar Search", if you already have "Google Account Search"? No, "Google Account Search" does everything.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Google Account Search 1.4.0 now available in the Palm App Catalog!

Changes:
    * light and dark theme
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    What are the chances this app could distinguish between account sources, for example, search for all contacts from a specific google account?
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    You can already do that, but it is not so comfortable.

You can remove all checkmarks from the account's groups that you do not want to search in.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks, to be more specific, I mentioned distinguishing between google accounts, which would be helpful and since I don't have too many, I can un-check a could accounts.

But you mentioned "groups", which is exactly why I came here again, to ask if it also can search for different groups with a single or multiple google accounts.

Can you clarify this point?

Thank you.
    Sprint since 01/06/99: Sanyo SCP-4500 -> Audiovox PPC-6700 -> Palm Treo 755p -> Palm Centro -> Palm Pre 1.4.5 -> Jailbroken iPhone 4s
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Yes, for each account you can select which calendars and which groups should be searched. Please see here:

Googleaccountsearch/english - VivaLV-Software
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    All I can say is WOW!

This is a fantastic app from what I can tell. I will pick up in a little while.

If you are taking suggestions, I suggest you incorporate:

1. Saved Searches
    2. Search icons for saved searches (don't know if this is do-able in webOS, but to be able to create an icon on a launcher page that links to a saved search, which can be titled any way you like, which then would appear in universal search. That would be dream!)

Thanks for developing, wonderful job!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks, suggestions are always welcome.

The next version will let you mail the results to someone, possibly to yourself. It's not as nice as being able to save them, but it's a start. ;-)

Hooking into Universal Search is not possible at the moment.
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Thanks for the quick response, I look forward to working with this app, as a google account and webos user, this app will be incredibly useful!
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    OK, I have used the paid version now for a couple days and it is quite valuable for google account users.

My wish list:

1. Design the search to happen more at 1 level. Currently, in order to search from just a single account, I have to click accounts I don't want results from and inside them UNCHECK all groups. There is no way to just not search an account. (Unless I am missing something.)

For example on the search page, click on "Search Options" which then slides open with the options to check, a)partial, b)calendars, c)contacts, d)contacts first. Clicking on either (or both) calendars or contacts, makes available "Calendar" and/or "Contacts" options, and clicking on them lets you select which calendar or which contact accounts. At the bottom, depending on options selected, a scrollable list of groups can be displayed, with "all" and "none" options, all of them click-able to select multiple groups. Ideally, this group list is definable by typing in a box which fine tunes groups displayed, like the search for a contact in the contacts app.

At this point, your search may be done, at which point you can click the search button, but if you want to type in a term, do so then click the search button.

2. Search within custom fields within a contact. Google searches within custom fields inside a google account.

3. Sort groups alphabetically.

Question:

How many groups will it find in an account? I use groups nearly like tags, have a lot of them. In the options for an account, in an account with just a few groups, I can see them all. In an account with lots of groups, I see most I would say, but not all. And its random, for example, I don't see the first x groups in alphabetical order. Various groups are skipped for no reason I can tell. And its the same groups skipped each time I start new or refresh.

Thank you for developing a very useful app.
    Last edited by jdod; 06/13/2010 at 09:54 PM.
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Thanks for your suggestions!

1. I will have to think about that. You wrote about your wish for the GUI. Could you please also write your use-cases?

2. Noted.

3. Noted.

About the groups: It *should* list all groups. This will be very difficult to reproduce for me. There are the standard groups (my contacts, family, etc.) and the user-defined groups and that's it. Perhaps, you could send me a list of your groups be private message?
    Global Posts
    977 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
    Could you please also write your use-cases?
    I use groups to finely define contacts, much like a tag, and want to pull up an entire group, I am not able to search for a group with your app, I must single out that group quite manually. Is that what you mean?

When I have more time, I will PM over to you the google contact groups and those that your app finds.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Google Account Search 1.5.0 now available in the Palm App Catalog!

Changes:
    * send search results as Email
    * bug fixes
    Global Posts
    677 Global Posts
    Google Account Search 1.6.0 now available in the Palm App Catalog!

Changes:
    * search in and display custom fields
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast