webOS Nation Forums >  Stuff for your webOS Device >  webOS Apps & Games > Google Account Search
Google Account Search

Old 03/11/2010, 10:00 AM   #21 (permalink)

hi there. on the new version, can i use this program as agenda, so it will first go to the upcomming appoitmants on all the calendar? (i really need a good agenda app)
also, can i change font size and color in the agenda?
thanks
ericizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2010, 10:38 AM   #22 (permalink)

Yes, there is in option, so that it directly goes to Agenda view upon start.

You can configure the font size, but not the font color.

Here you can see everything:
Googleaccountsearch/english - VivaLV-Software
sidamos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2010, 10:48 AM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
Yes, there is in option, so that it directly goes to Agenda view upon start.

You can configure the font size, but not the font color.

Here you can see everything:
Googleaccountsearch/english - VivaLV-Software
also, is it possible to see ALL days, say 30 days ahead?
ericizzy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/11/2010, 10:56 AM   #24 (permalink)

Yes, you can configure the number of days for the Agenda mode. The default is 14, but you can set any number.
Old 03/12/2010, 08:02 PM   #25 (permalink)

Is it possible that this app could also sync stuff from google contacts that synergy is not yet doing? Such as birthday, nicknames, notes, etc.? Is it even possible for any app? I thought I read somewhere that apps aren't allowed access to WebOS contacts, but I'm not sure about that.

I would love to find some way of getting all the fields in google contacts synced to my Pre.

Thanks
sbarnhar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/24/2010, 06:16 PM   #26 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbarnhar View Post
Is it possible that this app could also sync stuff from google contacts that synergy is not yet doing? Such as birthday, nicknames, notes, etc.? Is it even possible for any app? I thought I read somewhere that apps aren't allowed access to WebOS contacts, but I'm not sure about that.

I would love to find some way of getting all the fields in google contacts synced to my Pre.

Thanks
Sorry for the late response, I did not see your message. No, this is not possible currently in webOS.
Old 03/24/2010, 06:22 PM   #27 (permalink)

I just uploaded 1.0.1 to PreCentral. Please test ASAP, because this version includes besides the "normal" fixes and enhancements also a fix for an upcoming webOS version and so should be submitted to the App Catalog soon.

Changes:
* auto-wrap of note, title, organization, location
* show alarm symbol for events with alarm
* Agenda for past days
* Email/SMS to all results
* bug fixes

Last edited by sidamos; 03/24/2010 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03/24/2010, 11:17 PM   #28 (permalink)

I noticed this is not searching for the group name, the primary means to categorize in google contacts.

Can the group be incorporated in the search?
Old 03/25/2010, 01:00 AM   #29 (permalink)

We were just planning to do something with groups when that particular bug hit us. So, something with groups will probably be in the update after this version.
Old 03/25/2010, 02:50 AM   #30 (permalink)

I'd like to discuss the implementation of contact groups, with those interested, for the version after the next one.

I see several possibilities for searching for/in standard and user-defined groups (searching only in Google standard groups is probably not what most users want):

1. Like calendars
List all groups in the account prefs with the ability to check/uncheck each one for each account.

2. Like other fields
For each search, first look up the account groups and then search in the account group names, like in other fields. Problem here is, that the standard Google groups are not being localized in the Google Search API, so we could only localize them for english and german.

3. Filter before search
Select box for the contact groups on the main screen. Problem here is, that this would have to list all groups of all accounts, which would probably be irritating. Also, this would have be filled on demand (on tap).

4. Filter after search
Look up groups during search. Filter for groups in the results screen.

3. and 4. would not make it possible to search for/in multiple groups. 1. would make that easy, but you would have to do it in prefs. 2. would make it possible via RegEx.

1. is the only one with no performance hit for the search, but you would have to make changes by going into prefs.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Old 03/25/2010, 08:59 AM   #31 (permalink)

Currently, groups in Google Contacts act more like tags, a contact can be part of more than one tag. So, I would like to see search be able to incorporate more than 1 group, and in fact would like to subtract groups. For example, if I want to pull the list of doctor prospects that are not clients yet, I would search for "doctors, -clients".

The benefit of treating groups like tags would be that the group "clients" could be doctors in my medical related company and also friends, or prospects, or whatever that are also clients in my real estate company. The groups friends, doctors, leads, and clients can be combines in search to represent 6 categories of people. This makes for fewer groups and more defined search results.
Old 03/25/2010, 09:50 AM   #32 (permalink)

OK, so that would be option 2. You could do that kind of search with RegExp or probably with a layer over RegExp from the app.
Old 03/25/2010, 11:41 AM   #33 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdod View Post
For example, if I want to pull the list of doctor prospects that are not clients yet, I would search for "doctors, -clients".
I love that idea.

I like 1 and 2 the most.
teemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/26/2010, 06:14 PM   #34 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidamos View Post
I'd like to discuss the implementation of contact groups, with those interested, for the version after the next one.

I see several possibilities for searching for/in standard and user-defined groups (searching only in Google standard groups is probably not what most users want):

1. Like calendars
List all groups in the account prefs with the ability to check/uncheck each one for each account.

2. Like other fields
For each search, first look up the account groups and then search in the account group names, like in other fields. Problem here is, that the standard Google groups are not being localized in the Google Search API, so we could only localize them for english and german.

3. Filter before search
Select box for the contact groups on the main screen. Problem here is, that this would have to list all groups of all accounts, which would probably be irritating. Also, this would have be filled on demand (on tap).

4. Filter after search
Look up groups during search. Filter for groups in the results screen.

3. and 4. would not make it possible to search for/in multiple groups. 1. would make that easy, but you would have to do it in prefs. 2. would make it possible via RegEx.

1. is the only one with no performance hit for the search, but you would have to make changes by going into prefs.

Any thoughts? Thanks!
Hey, we have worked together via email quite a bit getting the zip code search: Thought I would chime in here. I could use a google group search. it would work like this: I would tell it to search for the zip code 46545|46530 and only show me the hits that were in a certain google contact group like "Charles tuning" vs showing me those hits in all google groups. It would work for me if in the prefs you could tell it before doing the search what google groups to search or not search similar to how the web os calendar handles Google groups that show or do not show.
charlestwesco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03/27/2010, 01:32 AM   #35 (permalink)

Hi, Charles! ;-)

OK, so now we have votes for option 1. *and* 2.

I should mention, that option 2. would not allow a real combined search of groups and other fields (like in the groups and zip codes example), because the search text is always applied to each field.
Old 03/30/2010, 03:35 AM   #36 (permalink)

Version 1.1.0 is now available in the App Catalog!
Old 04/01/2010, 12:14 AM   #37 (permalink)

Google Account Search 1.1.0 is available in the international App Catalog.
Old 04/13/2010, 06:38 AM   #38 (permalink)

I just uploaded Google Account Search Beta 1.1.1 to PreCentral.

New in this version: Filtering contact search by contact groups, just like it already was possible for Google calendars (see account prefs).
Old 04/14/2010, 01:26 AM   #39 (permalink)

Any feedback on the new groups filtering feature?
Old 04/14/2010, 01:30 AM   #40 (permalink)

I am trying to find the filter featureI don't see it. Also when I updated it says 1.1.2

Browser Mega Mix|Email Mega Mix|Additional Sync Days|
Disable Various Phone Sounds|Priority Discard Buttons|
mamouton is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0