1.    #1  
    Is anyone successfully using skpe on your cell?

I will be in Mexico and would like to use one of the apps to call back to the US. Also does sprint charge an additional fee wwhen using skype from Mexico to US call?

Thanks
    There's no Skype yet for Palm Pre!
    (is it??)

I used to use Fring on a Nokia E61, and it works nice over WiFi

I think I don't get your second question tho
    WebOS Apps don't have access to the microphone yet, so a VOIP app cannot exist yet. It won't be long though
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    WebOS Apps don't have access to the microphone yet, so a VOIP app cannot exist yet. It won't be long though
    SDL apps do, I read somewhere about a work-in-progress SIP phone, but it's not "official". Anyways, no Skype for us for now.

With 1.4, the video recording app has mic access, so it's only a matter of time for developers to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by SqyArc View Post
    What about Precorder? That recorded audio too.
    Quote Originally Posted by strick View Post
    Also does sprint charge an additional fee wwhen using skype from Mexico to US call?

Thanks
    The other posters already mentioned that the Pre doesn't have an app for Skype (yet, I hope).

However, I can answer your second questions regarding charges from how my Skype account worked with my previous phones.

You will be charged significantly for international data roaming if you use the 3G data network in another country (if the service is compatible). You would be better off using WiFi. If you use WiFi, there won't be an additional charge.

Hope that helps.
    nb
    Quote Originally Posted by NuttyBunny View Post
    SDL apps do... with 1.4, the video recording app has mic access, so it's only a matter of time for developers to get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by crackerstyle View Post
    What about Precorder? That recorded audio too.
    That's actually true, thanks for pointing it out
    Now THAT (Verizon & Skype getting together) is good news!
    Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre...

Not that I'm keen on this or anything...

russ
    Quote Originally Posted by russellraff View Post
    Now THAT (Verizon & Skype getting together) is good news!
    Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre, Skype-on-pre...

Not that I'm keen on this or anything...

russ
    lol no can't tell at all, is that inner monolague getting outta hand? Lol happens to me when I walk into a strip club, yamaha, and toyota dealerships lol
    Palm prē-ist.
  11.    #11  
    thanks for al the responses but I downloaded "s4palm.com" yesterday assuming that this was the same as a skype platform. Are you indicating that this cannot be used for international calls?

Check this out at "weboshelp.net/all-webos-news-articles/768-webos-voip-clients-come-to-the-palm-pre" and let me know your thoughts.

Thanks