Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 36 of 36
  1.    #21  
    Well...hopefully SOMEONE at Palm will remedy this. Let's face it...this is a glitch with the PDF viewer that should've been taken care of before it was released. As it stands now, the PDF viewer isn't at all helpful...It's more of a filler app....just sitting there letting you know that you COULD read PDFs if you wanted to...but we (Palm) never really expected anyone would want to! Lol...or am I just being a big jaded?? Hee hee...

    I'm an American....it's my God-Given right to ***** and moan! As a matter of fact, I believe they're trying to add an Amendment to our Constitution to that effect! LOL...
  2. #22  
    can i manuely restore the origional files from webos doctor for the pdf view application and then try applying the patch?
  3. #23  
    I finally got PDF redux to install. Originally I had the enable landscape pdf patch installed. PDF redux does show that it is incompatible with this patch so I uninstalled it but PDF redux still would not install. After messing around I realized I also had the Hide header patch installed. I uninstalled that patch and was finally able to install the PDF redux patch.

    PDF Redux has the landscape viewing and title hiding built into it, so if you have patches installed that duplicate the redux patches own features, it may have trouble installing. The Hide Header patch should be listed as an incompatibility along with the Enable Landscape patch in it's description.

    I hope this will help at least some of you.
  4. #24  
    i found a way to fix this. just get the 1.4 webos doctor and re install the pdf view

    http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...ml#post2143867
  5. #25  
    I have the same problem with PDF redux. It got resolved after I removed 'The Hide Header' patch. To conclude: PDF redux is incompatible with all other PDF patchs available at the timebeing.Thanx to all previous entries that I find helpful and interesting.
    Last edited by AMORJAN; 03/14/2010 at 09:52 AM. Reason: review
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by slvrswrd View Post
    I finally got PDF redux to install. Originally I had the enable landscape pdf patch installed. PDF redux does show that it is incompatible with this patch so I uninstalled it but PDF redux still would not install. After messing around I realized I also had the Hide header patch installed. I uninstalled that patch and was finally able to install the PDF redux patch.

    PDF Redux has the landscape viewing and title hiding built into it, so if you have patches installed that duplicate the redux patches own features, it may have trouble installing. The Hide Header patch should be listed as an incompatibility along with the Enable Landscape patch in it's description.

    I hope his will help at least some of you.
    Yeah...this method worked great for me....BEFORE I uploaded WebOS 1.4! Now, I don't have ANY patches installed....and I STILL cannot load PDF Redux OR Enable Landscape View in PDF Viewer!
    I mean...*** is going on??
    Does anyone have any idea what I can do? I keep getting IPKG Log errors...
    And, it's not only this patch... There are a few others that I'd like to use but can't for the same reaons..

    However...this patch is probably the most important for my uses... Now...someone mentioned using WebOS Doctor? Can I use the Doctor WITHOUT having to erase my hard-drive? I think not, but I've been surprised before with how versatile this device is...

    Thanks everyone for such great help. I know I started this thread...and I KNOW that I said I had it fixed...but that was before WebOS 1.4
    For some reason, the last two updates I've done to my phone have screwed up my ability to use patches..well...certain patches. I'm starting to wonder if maybe my phone is damaged? Is that also another possibility?
  7. #27  
    No, your phone is not damaged, but you have some corrupted patch files floating around. You have a couple of choices. You can do some searching for instructions to extract the needed files from the Doctor and send them to your phone via command line, or you can do a full hard erase and then a Doctor. If you choose the latter method, you can back up your hard drive via usb first, then hard erase, then doctor to the OS version of your choice (or you can doctor back a few versions, then up to 1.4). It sounds like an awful process, but, really it's not...I've done it a few times for one reason or another.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  8.    #28  
    Ok...I think I understand. I should probably go back a couple updates, right? Perhaps before 1.3.5? Then, when I do the updates to 1.4, I won't be bringing along the old patches that are corrupted, right? Did I understand that correctly?

    Because, the last time I used Doctor to erase everything, I seemed to still bring over the same problems I had before I did the Doctor. Is that what you mean about the corrupted patches?
    Well...if it's the only way, it's the only way. I'll find some time and sit back and try it out. Can you explain how I can find earlier OS versions? Or does the Doctor give me choices??
    Thanks again, Blaize...you always seem to have an answer...or, at least, a very plausible explanation/suggestion!
  9. #29  
    When I want a clean install I doctor down to 1.2 and then doctor to 1.3.1 and then upgrade up from there. This can help you get the old patches off your phone http://forums.precentral.net/palm-pr...008-rules.html
  10. tuckerm's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #30  
    Prior to the 1.4 update, the PDF Landscape Patch worked great. I have the same problem since the 1.4 update with installing PDF Landscape Patch and PDF Redux and thought it would be corrected with 1.4.1.1. I still get the following error when trying to install Landscape Patch:

    Error: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    .......
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored

    I do not have any other PDF patches installed yet I cannot install either Landscape or Redux. I am unclear from the previous posts on how to fix this problem. Are there currupt files after uninstalling the patches previously? Can this problem be fixed without a full wipe of the Pre and starting over?
    I have no problems installing other patches and 1.4.1.1 is working great!
    Thanks for any help on this issue.
    Last edited by tuckerm; 04/01/2010 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Mistake
  11. #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerm View Post
    Prior to the 1.4 update, the PDF Landscape Patch worked great. I have the same problem since the 1.4 update with installing PDF Landscape Patch and PDF Redux and thought it would be corrected with 1.4.1.1. I still get the following error when trying to install Landscape Patch:

    Error: An error occured while attempting to run /tmp/ipkgScript.sh
    .......
    2 out of 2 hunks ignored

    I do not have any other PDF patches installed yet I cannot install either Landscape or Redux. I am unclear from the previous posts on how to fix this problem. Are there currupt files after uninstalling the patches previously? Can this problem be fixed without a full wipe of the Pre and starting over?
    I have no problems installing other patches and 1.4.1.1 is working great!
    Thanks for any help on this issue.
    Go to either Preware or WOSQI and run Emergency Patch Recovery. This will cleanly remove all your patches. You should then be able to reinstall any patches you want, including PDF Redux or Landscape (but not both at the same time, please, and Redux allows landscape viewing of PDF files anyway). Much less PITA than visiting the Dr.
    Blaize, Mistress of Verbosity



    Be nice until it's time to not be nice.--Dalton, "Roadhouse"
  12. tuckerm's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaize View Post
    Go to either Preware or WOSQI and run Emergency Patch Recovery. This will cleanly remove all your patches. You should then be able to reinstall any patches you want, including PDF Redux or Landscape (but not both at the same time, please, and Redux allows landscape viewing of PDF files anyway). Much less PITA than visiting the Dr.
    Blaize, thanks for the response. I ran EPR before updating to 1.4.1.1 and just ran it again. Tried to install PDF Redux right after running EPR and then restarting and got the same errors! Can't install PDF Landscape either. However, all other patches (not related to PDFs) install fine. Any other thougts?
  13. #33  
    This happened to me after the 1.4 upgrade. I just got it working the other day, with these steps:

    1. Remove all patches for the PDF Viewer
    2. Remove Extract PDF viewer app, if installed.
    3. Install/Run WebOSRepairUtility
    * Search on these forums for 'WebOS Repair Utility v2.01', unfortunately I can't post a link due to my post count
    4. Fix all errors relating to the PDF app
    5. Install PDF Redux patchset from Preware.

    It worked for me, and did not require a doctor of my pre. YMMV.
  14. tuckerm's Avatar
    Posts
    6 Posts
    Global Posts
    9 Global Posts
    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by sgonzalez View Post
    This happened to me after the 1.4 upgrade. I just got it working the other day, with these steps:

    1. Remove all patches for the PDF Viewer
    2. Remove Extract PDF viewer app, if installed.
    3. Install/Run WebOSRepairUtility
    * Search on these forums for 'WebOS Repair Utility v2.01', unfortunately I can't post a link due to my post count
    4. Fix all errors relating to the PDF app
    5. Install PDF Redux patchset from Preware.

    It worked for me, and did not require a doctor of my pre. YMMV.
    Thanks for the info...What is Extract PDF view app? I do have a PDF View v1.0 that is listed under my "Downloaded Applicaions" under Device Information.
    Last edited by tuckerm; 04/02/2010 at 03:30 PM. Reason: typo
  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by tuckerm View Post
    Thanks for the info...What is Extract PDF view app? I do have a PDF View v1.0 that is listed under my "Downloaded Applicaions" under Device Information.
    The 'Extract PDF Viewer' was an app in preware that you had to use prior to WebOS 1.3.5 to apply patches to the PDF viewer. Up until WebOS 1.3.5 the PDF viewer's files were all bundled up into one archive, patching against it required un-archiving the individual files. Coincidentally (or not) the switch from bundled to unbundled is probably why we all had/have problems.
    If 'Extract PDF Viewer' isn't in your list of installed applications in preware, you can skip that step.
    Last edited by sgonzalez; 04/05/2010 at 12:32 PM. Reason: spelling.
  16. #36  
    Thanks, sgonzales. The WebOS Repair Utility 2.01 was the answer for me. It found a number of errors that it fixed with PDF viewer (although I didn't realize there was a problem, as I could view PDF files fine but could not install the PDF Redux or Enable Landscape PDF patches. Apparently at some point something in my PDF viewer went astray, and once WebOS Repair Utility had run, the landscape patch installed without any trouble.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Posting Permissions