Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Do any of you dig this show? I'm a fan and just found out they've released an iPhone app that gives users access to the entire library of (just audio, I assume) podcasts... Plus extras... All for $2.99.

I'm so jealous that I wrote (emailed) to them, asking for them to make an app for our believed Pre.

Anybody else interested in such an app?
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    never heard of it
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    I'm a big fan but I'm not counting on getting an app like that for a while. In the meantime I use dr podder for TAL podcasts
    I love that show, I look forward to the new show every week.
    I'd be up for an app like that.
    I also use DrPodder for TAL. Although, I haven't loaded custom feeds on in a while, with all the WebOS Doctoring to test new OS versions.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Dr. Podder here too.

I have about 100 episode of the TAL.
  7.    #7  
    I use DrPodder, too, but this app, among other things, grants access to their entire library of T.A.L. podcasts PLUS extras. And I don't have to store'em all on my device.
    Global Posts
    193 Global Posts
    It's a great app on the iPhone. There's also a great NPR app on the iPhone. I have both an iPhone and a Pre. Would love to see these on the Pre.

This American Life the radio show is amazing. I look forward to it every week.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    LOVE This American Life... I use RadioTime, which lets you get the last 6-7 episodes. Would like to have an app that lets you get to all of them though, since that can only be done from a regular web browser now. This week was episode 400, so there's a lot for me still to listen to.
    One more TAL lover using drPodder to listen. Since I don't think anyone else posted it, here's the link for the feed:

This American Life podcast
    Another TAL fan...since the mid 90s. I have all but two episodes in MP3 format...and you can't beg, borrow, or steal those episodes according to the TAL crew.

Probably the best hour of weekly entertainment in any medium. For those who haven't heard it, I suggest starting with one of my favorites:

This American Life - First Day

Make sure that you get to act two for Squirrel Cop
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by scuba_steve View Post
    Another TAL fan...since the mid 90s. I have all but two episodes in MP3 format...and you can't beg, borrow, or steal those episodes according to the TAL crew.

Probably the best hour of weekly entertainment in any medium. For those who haven't heard it, I suggest starting with one of my favorites:

This American Life - First Day

Make sure that you get to act two for Squirrel Cop
    Thanks.
    i donate $5 to them, i think i deserve more than those who paid $2.99
  14.    #14  
    One of the extras is an interview with Terry Gross. Another is an interview BY Terry Gross.

Btw, I Googled, the other day to see if anyone acknowledges the similarity between the voices of Ira Glass and Alex Blumberg and I'm glad to see it's not just me.

Heck, even though they clearly called the voice "Alex" in a segment I heard, today, I still thought it was Ira. Insane similarity.
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Anybody else interested in such an app?
    I would defiantly be interested in a TAL app. There are only a couple of apps that I would pay for, but I would, without a doubt, pay for a TAL app. TAL is by far my favorite podcast.

Matt
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    it's a great program, tried to listen yesterday, but nothing was up on the site

time to check again mua
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    It's a fantastic radio show and I listen to it using DrPodder.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I emailed them too.. couldn't decide exactly which address to use, so I used this one: web@thislife.org
    Yep, drPodder TAL listener here as well. Personally, I'd rather use a central Podcatching app anyway, although I suppose there could be some additional content I'd be missing.

Thank you, Jamie Hatfield, for making a TiVo-like experience possible for my mobile life.
    Palm history: II, IIIc, Kyocera 7135, Treo 650, Centro, Pre, FrankenPre+, (legit) Pre+ & TouchPad.
    After listening to #400 the other day, I too was jealous to hear of the iPhone app. Not TOO jealous, mind you, as I have mp3s of ALL episodes.

TAL was one of the few radio shows that got me into podcasts in the first place, which in turn was the impetus for finally buying my first iPod nano 3 years ago.

But, now I have to go searching for the Terri Gross/Ira Glass interviews. (Terri Gross is one of the other shows I podcast religiously.)

And, have you ever noticed how you never hear Alex Blumberg and Ira Glass talk at the same time? Just sayin'....

Regards,
    Tom
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast