Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by acaplinger View Post
    Yep, drPodder TAL listener here as well. Personally, I'd rather use a central Podcatching app anyway, although I suppose there could be some additional content I'd be missing.

Thank you, Jamie Hatfield, for making a TiVo-like experience possible for my mobile life.
    You'd miss all that extra content and you won't have access to everything - the entire library.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    After listening to #400 the other day, I too was jealous to hear of the iPhone app. Not TOO jealous, mind you, as I have mp3s of ALL episodes.

TAL was one of the few radio shows that got me into podcasts in the first place, which in turn was the impetus for finally buying my first iPod nano 3 years ago.

But, now I have to go searching for the Terri Gross/Ira Glass interviews. (Terri Gross is one of the other shows I podcast religiously.)

And, have you ever noticed how you never hear Alex Blumberg and Ira Glass talk at the same time? Just sayin'....

Regards,
    Tom
    Dunno if I said it but this but Ira acknowledged their vocal similarities in an interview. I was surprised he was aware of it.

Also, I wouldn't wanna clog up my Pre with all those episodes.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Dunno if I said it but this but Ira acknowledged their vocal similarities in an interview. I was surprised he was aware of it.
    I successfully learn how to tell the difference after the episode "testosterone".

Now its quite easy to tell Alex and Ira.
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    TOMJ, why are you searching for Terry Gross' Fresh Air interviews? Dr.Podder downloads them automatically everyday.
    Quote Originally Posted by delao13 View Post
    TOMJ, why are you searching for Terry Gross' Fresh Air interviews? Dr.Podder downloads them automatically everyday.
    No, I meant the specific two interviews mentioned in the "extras" you get with the TAL iPhone app. One is Ira interviewing Terry, the other is Terry interviewing Ira. Otherwise, as I said, Terry Gross is one of the other shows I podcast religiously.

Anyone come across those interviews anywhere?

Regards,
    Tom
    Hi. I love TAL and have all of the episodes except for one.

Episode 5 Anger & Forgiveness

TomJ - You said that you have them all. Please, please, send this one to me so that I can complete my collection.

If email doesn't do the trick, please post somewhere.

Hmmm, seems I can't post my email - that's kinda weird.
    Here is my email in disguise. richard.greenberg at gmail.com

Thanks,
    Rich
    Quote Originally Posted by rwgreenberg View Post
    Hi. I love TAL and have all of the episodes except for one.

Episode 5 Anger & Forgiveness

TomJ - You said that you have them all. Please, please, send this one to me so that I can complete my collection.

If email doesn't do the trick, please post somewhere.

Hmmm, seems I can't post my email - that's kinda weird.
    Here is my email in disguise. richard.greenberg at gmail.com

Thanks,
    Rich

Same boat...although I am not at home, I think that I am missing episodes 5 and 8.

I went as far as to contact their staff last year and they stated that in some cases they don't have the episode available online because the quality of the recording was so bad (or it is now missing)...and in other cases it was a licensing issue for content in the episode.

I also would love to get a copy of these two episodes if someone has them. I will even donate (again) to PRI and CPR if someone can help a brother out.
    Quote Originally Posted by rwgreenberg View Post
    Oops, sorry folks, I should have been more careful to say all available episodes, and indeed #5 and #8 are the two missing from my collection, also.

Looking back in the thread, I see scuba_steve set a good example (not shooting off his mouth) that I should have followed.

My apologies,
    Tom
    Quote Originally Posted by TomJ View Post
    Oops, sorry folks, I should have been more careful to say all available episodes, and indeed #5 and #8 are the two missing from my collection, also.

Looking back in the thread, I see scuba_steve set a good example (not shooting off his mouth) that I should have followed.

My apologies,
    Tom

No worries. That's still one heck of a lot of episodes.

BTW...I found episodes 5 & 8 this week. Google finally came through

cheers,
    steve
    Last edited by scuba_steve; 02/20/2010 at 09:18 AM.
    Global Posts
    361 Global Posts
    I love this show and listen weekly, I'd love to see an app! I posted on the FB thread when they announced it asking for a WebOS version.
    Please share. How did you find 5 and 8?
    As far as Episode 8 is concerned. I have that one and posted it here.
    tinyurl.com/richgreenberg
  12.    #32  
    Since I got an iPad, I have had access to the many apps they've got that we've been denied - including the This American Life app.

$2.99? Seriously? It is worth it for the extras, alone.
    Global Posts
    345 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Since I got an iPad, I have had access to the many apps they've got that we've been denied - including the This American Life app.

$2.99? Seriously? It is worth it for the extras, alone.
    Use RadioTime. It's free and has This American Life. I believe podcasts as well.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    Follow TuneIn on Twitter:
    http://twitter.com/tunein
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DocLee View Post
    Use RadioTime. It's free and has This American Life. I believe podcasts as well.

Doc

RadioTime Developer
    That's great and I'll try it, but the TAL App provides access to every single one of their podcasts, plus other content and extras. RadioTime looks really useful, but it's not the same thing.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    I love TAL and listen on Dr. Podder too. I also love the New Yorker Fiction podcast. Great stories!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12