Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    WOW, when 1.1 rolled out and force-installed things like Nascar and NFL, I was rather ticked off. I simply didnt want them taking space and even though i semi-follow Nascar, the App seemed useless.

Last week I decided to setup my profile however, and setup my drivers - nothing too advanced.

TODAY! wow, I'm watching the race and said 'hey, lets check out that Nascar app' ... wow - ability to listen to live team radios, follow live stats... THIS APP IS SWEET!

Like I said, I havent delved too deep into it .. but OMG I am more than impressed. GREAT JOB Sprint/Nascar/Palm & HandsOn Mobile!!!

5 stars is my rating

*also a great point... THE LIVE FEEDS ARE UNEDITED* YES! true Nascar spirit!!!
    Last edited by flea; 02/21/2010 at 03:36 PM. Reason: Props to HandsOn Mobile
    That sounds awesome. I'll have to try that for California this weekend.

Did you notice much lag between what was happening on the TV screen and the driver audio?
    Kewl!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blakethomas View Post
    That sounds awesome. I'll have to try that for California this weekend.

Did you notice much lag between what was happening on the TV screen and the driver audio?
    I use only DTV over the air antenna, but the lag on the sprint podcasts for the teams was only about 2-3 seconds... i would imagine if using cable or satellite this would be in sync or possibly sooner.
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    RACE DAY!!!

"Ladies & Gentlemen, start your Sprint Nascar App!!"
    I'm not a nascar fan, but I do use the NFL app quite a bit during football season & think it's great...
    Nice thing on Verizon, the only useless program you cant delete is Verizon Navigator. Bad thing is no Nascar App. Im on the road usually on race day and would love a good Nascar app(would even pay for one).
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Today I was confused and disappointed why the in-car / team audio streams were not working.. only "Officials and Race-Radio".

I opened a support ticket with HandsOn Mobile, who wrote the app. I got an immediate personal reply from support technician Va:

Hi,

We are aware of the issue and have forwarded the problem to our
    engineers. Unfortunately, in car audio will be unavailable this race for
    the Palm Pre. We will have this fixed for the next race.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thanks for your kind words, we hope to have this fixed as soon as
    possible.

This is great support, it literally took less than 5 minutes to receive a response and to beat that, it was personally written!

Certainly my favorite app on this device!
    Global Posts
    170 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flea View Post
    today i was confused and disappointed why the in-car / team audio streams were not working.. Only "officials and race-radio".

I opened a support ticket with handson mobile, who wrote the app. I got an immediate personal reply from support technician va:

hi,

we are aware of the issue and have forwarded the problem to our
    engineers. Unfortunately, in car audio will be unavailable this race for
    the palm pre. We will have this fixed for the next race.

Sorry for the inconveniences.

Thanks for your kind words, we hope to have this fixed as soon as
    possible.

this is great support, it literally took less than 5 minutes to receive a response and to beat that, it was personally written!

Certainly my favorite app on this device!
    team radio works again!!!!!
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    I'm in Hawaii but every time I use the app I get a 2-3 LAP delay. TV is from Dishnetwork
    lol @ NASCAR
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    this is a great app