Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Ok, i got a few IPK files, lets golf and x-plane. with a couple of others, well i have my phone in dev mode, and have installed lots of other apps and tweaks with no problem. since 1.3.5.1 there have been a few that do not want to install, no biggy.

well i used webos installer to install the IPK files and it showed they installed and are on the launcher page of the pre, but when i press the icon, it highlights and does nothing.

any ideas?

thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ldschi View Post
    Ok, i got a few IPK files, lets golf and x-plane. with a couple of others, well i have my phone in dev mode, and have installed lots of other apps and tweaks with no problem. since 1.3.5.1 there have been a few that do not want to install, no biggy.

well i used webos installer to install the IPK files and it showed they installed and are on the launcher page of the pre, but when i press the icon, it highlights and does nothing.

any ideas?

thanks
    I assume when you say you "got a few IPK files..." you mean pirated?

If so, I will let you know that this is not a forum for pirates.
    Arthur Thornton

Former webOS DevRel Engineer at Palm, HP, and LG
    Former webOS app developer (built Voice Memos, Sparrow, and several homebrew apps and patches)
    Former blogger for webOS Nation and webOS Roundup
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    I do not want to get into that topic its been hashed a million times here, and it does happen here every day, wifi tethering etc. im not judging, or looking to debate it but if im gonna get reprimanded then precentral needs to clean its own house first.

But it is other programs that wont run after installing, like classic invaders, the atari emulator, etc, i have updated preware, and package manager.

I did have a problrem in the past where i updated and forgot to remove my patches, i did a os doctor and reinstalled my patches all seem to be working in that area

so any ideas would be helpful
    thanks
    I do not want to get into that topic its been hashed a million times here, and it does happen here every day, wifi tethering etc. im not judging, or looking to debate it but if im gonna get reprimanded then precentral needs to clean its own house first.
    Tehtering, on Sprint, is a violation of Sprint's T&C....quite different than stealing someone's work.

But it is other programs that wont run after installing, like classic invaders, the atari emulator, etc, i have updated preware, and package manager.

I did have a problrem in the past where i updated and forgot to remove my patches, i did a os doctor and reinstalled my patches all seem to be working in that area

so any ideas would be helpful
    thanks
    You are best off Doctoring your device. If that doesn't work, Full Erase then Doctor. Good luck and keep it ethical here.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    ok will give it a try, will a full erase actually get rid of all the scripts and things that are installed or just change the setting back to original but leave the scipts on the pre.

thanks
    ok will give it a try, will a full erase actually get rid of all the scripts and things that are installed or just change the setting back to original but leave the scipts on the pre.

thanks
    A full erase will remove everything you "installed"...just as out of the box. A Doctor will restore webOS OS to out-of-the-box setting by overwriting the OS with a fresh copy.