Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I have a weird problem. I can't install any apps from the app catalog because there is a ghost app that is paused, and it won't delete when I choose delete paused apps. I really have no clue what the problem could be, I just did a fresh webOS doctor install about a week or two ago. Screenshot included.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    same thing happened to me and the only way I was able to get rid of it and download apps ok was to doctor the phone.Once I doctored it and signed back into my Palm profile all my apps were restored except that one. I'm not certain what caused it but tit happened to me after I doctored the phone for another reason and Palm profile replaced them and one got stuck for some reason
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    really weird. I was able to dl apps fine until the other day
    The same thing has happened to me, and I can't figure it out. I can dl apps fine using preware but every app from the app catalog is paused b/c of the ghost app.

Anyone got an idea on how to remove it without using webOS doctor?
    I had this same problem and did a partial erase, and it seemed to get rid of it. I also deleted App Scoop.
    Here's a list of all the threads I found:
    http://forums.precentral.net/showthread.php?p=2352565

Solution:

From a terminal window, type the following commands:

cd /var
    cd palm
    cd data
    cd com.palm.appInstallService
    rm installHistory.db
    press orange + SYM + R to reboot
    Global Posts
    325 Global Posts
    I got this from trying to install the myteather files. Screwed up my app downloads. Went to device info<reset options<erase apps & data. after long restart the ghost is gone. thank (wipes sweat brow)...
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by double1 View Post
    I got this from trying to install the myteather files. Screwed up my app downloads. Went to device info<reset options<erase apps & data. after long restart the ghost is gone. thank (wipes sweat brow)...
    Does this leave all the data in SMS and pics, videos, music etc? And does it ONLY erase application data?