Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I recently just noticed this and thought I'd share my experience
    It's really not a big deal, but quite annoying.

Whenever I run the update app to see if any updates available it says there's application updates.
    I click on it goes to the application list and nothing is there to update
    Everything is up to date.

Anyone else getting this?
    Homebrew apps, or patches?
  3.    #3  
    Through the app catalog
    Go to "Updates" in the Launcher
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    +1. Don't know why but it's not a big deal... I hope
    Last night I checked for updates and it no longer does this, I did nothing to my Pre. It now says my Pre is up to date.
  6.    #6  
    Weird.
    Still is doing it for me as of just a few minutes ago.
    Earlier yesterday when I checked for updates and it told me there was updates for my applications, when I hit the "update button", to my surprise there were 2 updates, so I hit the "update all" button and then closed it. Later on last night when I opened the update app, that's when I got the message that my Pre was up to date. Strange.
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demlor View Post
    I recently just noticed this and thought I'd share my experience
    It's really not a big deal, but quite annoying.

Whenever I run the update app to see if any updates available it says there's application updates.
    I click on it goes to the application list and nothing is there to update
    Everything is up to date.

Anyone else getting this?
    same here
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Earlier yesterday when I checked for updates and it told me there was updates for my applications, when I hit the "update button", to my surprise there were 2 updates, so I hit the "update all" button and then closed it. Later on last night when I opened the update app, that's when I got the message that my Pre was up to date. Strange.

Cool story bro.
    still having the same update problem as Demlor...
    Same here. Hate this bug . . .
    Did the same thing last night, with the same results. Boy do I feel like a fool, because I went down the whole list and tried to update each one.
    This is what comes up now when I open the update app
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Yeah, something is definitely screwy with updates, which is why I wonder if the 2G upgrade for 1.3.1 users was delivered as an app and not a system update.
    I'm assuming this will be fixed with v1.4, and didn't warrant an intermediate OS update just to fix the update system itself.
  15.    #15  
    First picture shows the update thing
    Second, shows the screen after and notice there isn't an "Install All Updates" button at the bottom.
    Attached Images Attached Images
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by neve View Post
    Yeah, something is definitely screwy with updates, which is why I wonder if the 2G upgrade for 1.3.1 users was delivered as an app and not a system update.
    I'm assuming this will be fixed with v1.4, and didn't warrant an intermediate OS update just to fix the update system itself.
    I think the reason why they posted it as an app cause it wasn't available for all users.
    Not everyone needed the update.
    Maybe next time one of your apps needs an update, it will reset like mine did.
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by netwrkr9 View Post
    Maybe next time one of your apps needs an update, it will reset like mine did.
    Nope, I installed the AppScoop update recently, as well as the App Idea Box
    Didn't change at all.
    I think Palm is phasing this out and using the 'Shopping Bag' in the app catalog to handle this. It achieves sort of the same thing, but shows all apps you have installed.
    for some, if you open the app catalog yourself, then hit the shopping bag in the lower left corner, you will then see the install button. for somereason doing so via the update app itself does not work correctly all the time.

I myself have a problem which has been on going.

If I go to the update app, it will say i have updates. if i go through the app catalog directly, It doses not show anything available for updates. that has been happening for several weeks now, I don't know why, I have even doctored (not because of it, but because i wanted to see how doctoring works, curiosity i guess)

anyway, on my phone at least, this is a bug which the afformentioned way of doing things does not solve. In fact, when there is an actual update, i can download it that way, but, the catalog will still show that i have updates available, so the update app is definitely checking on something that the app catalog does not, or its broken somewhere in the feedback.
    There are four lights.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast