Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 75
  1.    #1  
    I figured I'd go to the source for feedback on LastPass' initial offering on WebOS.

    I can't apparently post links yet as I haven't had 10 posts, so I'd appreciate if someone posted the developer palm URL.

    We've got a plans to improve the look (including bringing in favicons), and we're hoping to get increased access to the web browser to automate form filling and username/password filling. We're curious what the community would like to see here. Is adding/editing on the device important to you? PIN code protection instead of username/password?

    Joe Siegrist
    LastPass.com
    Last edited by Joe Siegrist; 02/12/2010 at 08:32 PM.
  2. DKatman's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #2  
    It is important for me to be able to add/edit on my device or desktop. I must be able to have a desktop version that can sync so they both maintain the same information. Pin Code protection is fine for me.

    Dave
  3. #3  
    I'm really glad to see lastpass available on the pre. I use it on all my computers and due to the app for the pre bought a premium subscription. I'm liking the idea of PIN code protection. Would be interested in hearing a little more on the idea of implementing something like that.
  4. DKatman's Avatar
    Posts
    102 Posts
    Global Posts
    126 Global Posts
    #4  
    I did write my response to your post before even looking at your website. I do see how it looks now and see that it is easy to see from anywhere via the web.

    Personally, I do prefer my password manager as a standalone app susceptible to my own security breaches, as opposed to a cloud app. I am sure I may come around on this belief.

    Good Luck,
    Dave
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by DKatman View Post
    Personally, I do prefer my password manager as a standalone app susceptible to my own security breaches, as opposed to a cloud app. I am sure I may come around on this belief.
    Wikipedia's page on Host Proof Hosting is quite helpful -- due to the local encryption that's involved if you use a strong password a security breach at LastPass wouldn't be the issue you're thinking it would be...
  6. #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegrist View Post
    I figured I'd go to the source for feedback on LastPass' initial offering on WebOS.

    I can't apparently post links yet as I haven't had 10 posts, so I'd appreciate if someone posted the developer palm URL.

    We've got a plans to improve the look (including bringing in favicons), and we're hoping to get increased access to the web browser to automate form filling and username/password filling. We're curious what the community would like to see here. Is adding/editing on the device important to you? PIN code protection instead of username/password?

    Joe Siegrist
    LastPass.com
    Here is the link:

    LastPass for Premium Customers
    - Alan
    Palm III, Palm Vx, Palm TX, Palm Pre (Sprint), Palm Pre3(AT&T/ebay)
  7. #7  
    I love LastPass and use it on all my computers, my parents, and my girlfriend's computers as well (its been a sanity saver for me with her computer).

    My suggestion would be the use of a PIN of some sort. Others may not like the idea at first, but I can pretty much guarantee none of them have ever had a phone lost or stolen recently. I would also suggest letting the mobile device simply be an extension of the main account, but not have the ability to change passwords. I'd hate to have my phone stolen and then find that someone changed my bank account password on me before I could get to it from my computer.

    Also - its always really a positive experience to see company representatives on here actively talking to the users! I love your product Joe and am really happy to see your company jumping on and supporting WebOS!
  8. mhoepfin's Avatar
    Posts
    49 Posts
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by HelloNNNewman View Post
    I love LastPass and use it on all my computers, my parents, and my girlfriend's computers as well (its been a sanity saver for me with her computer).

    My suggestion would be the use of a PIN of some sort. Others may not like the idea at first, but I can pretty much guarantee none of them have ever had a phone lost or stolen recently. I would also suggest letting the mobile device simply be an extension of the main account, but not have the ability to change passwords. I'd hate to have my phone stolen and then find that someone changed my bank account password on me before I could get to it from my computer.

    Also - its always really a positive experience to see company representatives on here actively talking to the users! I love your product Joe and am really happy to see your company jumping on and supporting WebOS!
    I agree with the above. I love LastPass and thank you for porting it to WebOS.
  9. #9  
    I love LastPass and I too bought a premium subscription as soon as I saw the Pre version. What I would like to see is auto fill in the browser, integration with universal search, copy & paste and maybe simple editing functions.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    I love LastPass and I too bought a premium subscription as soon as I saw the Pre version.
    Thanks for your support!

    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    What I would like to see is auto fill in the browser
    This is by far our number one priority -- we've made contacts at Palm trying to make this happen.

    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    ..integration with universal search
    Interesting idea! I'll see if that's possible...

    Quote Originally Posted by petvas View Post
    copy & paste and maybe simple editing functions.
    Is the existing copy and paste not workable? I'll need you to expand on this. Thanks!
  11. #11  
    I love lastpass on my computers, but am not fully grasping it on the pre. I have to copy and paste usernames then passwords to the websites in it's current state?
  12. dsei's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #12  
    One idea for a PIN unlock could be to allow X number of PIN attempts. After so many failures, you would then have to enter your master password. I think this would be a nice trade-off between the convenience of a PIN and the security of a strong password. I am a little curious how this would affect the local encrypted cache though.

    BTW, thanks for reaching out to the community! I've been using LastPass for about a year and am seriously considering upgrading to a premium membership now.
  13.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by freeridstylee View Post
    I love lastpass on my computers, but am not fully grasping it on the pre. I have to copy and paste usernames then passwords to the websites in it's current state?
    Yes, currently -- we've been pushing Palm for 4 months, and finally decided to just move forward with the promise that we'll do it as soon as it's possible. It's hugely disappointing to us too (I own a Pre!)
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    One idea for a PIN unlock could be to allow X number of PIN attempts. After so many failures, you would then have to enter your master password. I think this would be a nice trade-off between the convenience of a PIN and the security of a strong password. I am a little curious how this would affect the local encrypted cache though.
    This is how we do it on the iPhone and we could replicate it on webOS: by default pin-code is disabled, if enabled, when you launch you're immediately prompted for the pin and after 5 attempts forces a logout. We'd look to keep the state data in RAM or some other volatile state so that if it was stolen and someone attempted to attack it they'd need to switch to developer mode first requiring a reset killing this state...

    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    BTW, thanks for reaching out to the community! I've been using LastPass for about a year and am seriously considering upgrading to a premium membership now.
    Thanks! To be straight forward we're disappointed with the state of our offering today, but we're pushing Palm so we can improve it to the level of our other mobile offerings.
  15. dsei's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #15  
    Thanks Joe. That sounds great.

    Are you mainly disappointed by the lack of API's allowing autofills, or are there other aspects you feel are lacking? What are your thoughts on webOS security compared to other platforms? It's nice to hear a developer's point of view, especially one that has experience on other mobile platforms. If there are things the community can help push Palm on, I'd certainly be willing to give them feedback.
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    Are you mainly disappointed by the lack of API's allowing autofills, or are there other aspects you feel are lacking? What are your thoughts on webOS security compared to other platforms? It's nice to hear a developer's point of view, especially one that has experience on other mobile platforms. If there are things the community can help push Palm on, I'd certainly be willing to give them feedback.
    Yes. It's frustrating because they missed the most fundamental API features in a few area; it's odd -- they clearly borrowed heavily from others and then failed to copy the most important calls. Apple's UIWebView is the best example of this.

    Not having away to get low level access to the device is the other core issue --webOS is more than an order of magnitude slower to do encryption/decryption than other mobile OS's because we have to do it in JavaScript on webOS instead of highly optimized compiled code for the device like every other mobile platform.
  17. dsei's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #17  
    Well hopefully this will get better with their PDK...
  18. #18  
    so like where to go to get the program?
  19. dsei's Avatar
    Posts
    194 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter600 View Post
    so like where to go to get the program?
    You can find it in the web feed in Preware or Appscoop. Or just click this link on your Pre:

    LastPass for Premium Customers
  20. #20  
    First, thanks for making a version for the Pre.

    Just an FYI, one of my banking sites does not show a username and password to cut/paste. It works on the PC and the vault shows it correctly. I see other sites usernmes and passwords. It seems only the one site. Maybe a beta bug.

    Can you add a view password option please. If I had this I could use it to store non-web passwords and information that I need. That would make it a standard password manager for me.

    Any way to make a remember password option that would time out after x amount of time?
    hat way I could use it for several hours without re-typing the password yet not have it always remember it. Just like the desktop versions.

    Thanks
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

    Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

    Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions