Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I think the webOS version gets updated any time ANY LastPass release is updated -- iOS, Android, etc., probably just to keep the version numbers the same. There may not be any noticeable changes to the webOS version. But I could be wrong...
    Last edited by spreng; 11/04/2011 at 09:53 AM.
    I do notice that it's now a toggle button to display your password, rather than a dialog box. That's the only recent change I've noticed though.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    I think the webOS version gets updated any time ANY LastPass release is updated -- iOS, Android, etc., probably just to keep the version numbers the same. There may not be any noticeable changes to the webOS version.
    Spreng - that makes sense.

I'm getting nowhere with this LastPass rep. He seems to think that disabling reprompts for the entire account (including webapp access and browser plugins) is the way to fix this problem.

I asked for a feature request that matches the basic feature that the browser-plugins have: ask for a re-prompt time period after login. He just keeps responding with things like:

"I'm sorry, we would love you guys to use LastPass, but we won't be able differentiate the settings for reprompt between mobile and PCs, plus part of the reason why is because the mobile phone prevents us too. For updates it will eventually will be in the Main description. Let us know if you have anymore problems."

These types of responses demonstrate to me that the reps at LastPass don't really understand their own product. I'll be looking to switch to something like 1password. These blind releases + terrible customer support have convinced me

Am I the only one here bothered by these things? If not, definitely speak up, maybe even send in a ticket to LastPass.
  4. cgk
    Global Posts
    9,556 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sillydino View Post
    Spreng - that makes sense.

I'm getting nowhere with this LastPass rep. He seems to think that disabling reprompts for the entire account (including webapp access and browser plugins) is the way to fix this problem.

I asked for a feature request that matches the basic feature that the browser-plugins have: ask for a re-prompt time period after login. He just keeps responding with things like:

"I'm sorry, we would love you guys to use LastPass, but we won't be able differentiate the settings for reprompt between mobile and PCs, plus part of the reason why is because the mobile phone prevents us too. For updates it will eventually will be in the Main description. Let us know if you have anymore problems."

These types of responses demonstrate to me that the reps at LastPass don't really understand their own product. I'll be looking to switch to something like 1password. These blind releases + terrible customer support have convinced me

Am I the only one here bothered by these things? If not, definitely speak up, maybe even send in a ticket to LastPass.
    Musr be a webOS thing as I cannot replicate this behaviour in android. I guess they cannot be bothered to spend the money to fix the problem. I also venture that since there is no webOS equal to goggle authiticator, that two factor authentication via OATH is not coming to the platform like it is to iOS and android.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Latest update on this ticket:

==============
    "2011-11-04 11:39
    You: Getting things to work correctly from mobile devices isn't a priority for LastPass? That seems like a bad plan for your company. I'm sorry to hear that because I think the core competency at LastPass is solid.

2011-11-04 11:35
    David: But processing to get everything to work on a mobile access, would not be a priority for our Dev team. I'm sorry unfortunately there not much I can do for you at this point.

2011-11-04 11:23
    You: My feature request has nothing to do with encryption. It's a pop-up box. I'd be glad to send you the code myself

2011-11-04 11:18
    David: In the near future they might, we are trying to make the mobile apps be same as the browser extension, but encrypting mobile phones, iPad, etc are completely different so it might take some time.

2011-11-04 10:57
    You: Yes that's my feature request:

Add the ability to set a timeperiod after the re-prompt at login.

Does LastPass refuse this feature request?"

==============

There you have it. No support for us
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CGK View Post
    Musr be a webOS thing as I cannot replicate this behaviour in android. I guess they cannot be bothered to spend the money to fix the problem. I also venture that since there is no webOS equal to goggle authiticator, that two factor authentication via OATH is not coming to the platform like it is to iOS and android.

Sent from my touchdroid using Tapatalk
    Thanks CGK. I pointed this out to the rep, and now he's saying that he needs more users than just me to request this same feature before they can justify spending time on it.

This community was able to pull together enough requests to get a touchpad version of this app. Can we do it again for this feature?
    It seems some might have a problem (re)downloading Lastpass from the app catalogue. IPKs are here:
    https://lastpass.com/releases/
    Quote Originally Posted by Preemptive View Post
    It seems some might have a problem (re)downloading Lastpass from the app catalogue. IPKs are here:
    https://lastpass.com/releases/
    Thanks for the link! I was one who couldn't get the app via App Catalog. The webOS LastPass app doesn't work that great (lots of quirks), but still can be used.
    Does lastpass require premium like spotify to work on phones?
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    Does lastpass require premium like spotify to work on phones?
    yes, for webos version you need premium. I think you can try two weeks...
    So I signed up for the premium version, but far as I can tell one has to copy and paste the passwords. If this is so then I prefer SecuStore. Just have to tap the form field and it insets the values
    If you don't already have time and data invested in LastPass, you're better off in SecuStore. I've been using LastPass since before SecuStore came online, and I did try it, but it wasn't worth migrating for me. And with no upgrades coming (ever, for anything) pick what works now and stick there. With some sorrow, I bought a tablet today to replace the TouchPad and I'm going to move on myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by alacrify View Post
    If you don't already have time and data invested in LastPass, you're better off in SecuStore. I've been using LastPass since before SecuStore came online, and I did try it, but it wasn't worth migrating for me. And with no upgrades coming (ever, for anything) pick what works now and stick there. With some sorrow, I bought a tablet today to replace the TouchPad and I'm going to move on myself.
    I do have a lot of time invested in lastpass on my pc, nevertheless I found the phone version very basic and too hard to use so I deleted it.

I have since re-installed it realizing that I could use it to copy more of my passwords over to secustore. At least I found some use for it after spending the few dollars
    Quote Originally Posted by laingman View Post
    I have since re-installed it realizing that I could use it to copy more of my passwords over to secustore. At least I found some use for it after spending the few dollars
    I used to use Secustore for everything on pc and webOS devices. The problem with Secustore is that there is no way to export when you want to change password programs. I asked for help from the developer multiple times and never got assistance. Lastpass allows supper flexibility, but is limited on webOS.
    Quote Originally Posted by evacaf View Post
    I used to use Secustore for everything on pc and webOS devices. The problem with Secustore is that there is no way to export when you want to change password programs. I asked for help from the developer multiple times and never got assistance. Lastpass allows supper flexibility, but is limited on webOS.
    Yeah, just end up using both. No problem, I just transfer the most important sites to the phone and the big library remains with lastpass on the pc
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234