Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I got a message from LastPass over the weekend:

I've sent the installation link to your email.
    In the future please go to lastpass.com/download for every version of our software client.
    Nothing is simple. [Sigh.] Going further, I had to click on the "Mobile" tab in the above link to get to the WebOS version, here, in which I had to keep on scrolling until I found it:
    https://lastpass.com/misc_download.php

Looks like there is a 14-day trial. Sweet. Will this "send e-mail" thing (as seen in the screen shot below) work to install LastPass on my Palm Pixi, where I can download it from the WebOS browser?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Sent LastPass another message but didn't get an exact response.

Me:

So, it's not available in the WebOS app store (Pre and Pixi)?

That is, I have to sync, old-school style? Say it aint so!
    Response:

All you have to do is click that link on your device - check your email directly on the palm.
    Sorry for being desnse, but, If I read the response, clicking on the link from a WebOS device will allow one to download the app on that WebOs device? Again, why not just save us the trouble and go through the app store?!
    Saw that Lastpass is available for webOS (available via Preware) and up to version 1.69.10. Any comments on how well this version works? I like to support the vendors who support webOS, but have the major bugs related from earlier version been fixed?

Vendor/developer - are you working on an upgrade for webOS 2.x? If so, what types of enhancements can we look forward to?
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Note View Post
    Saw that Lastpass is available for webOS (available via Preware) and up to version 1.69.10. Any comments on how well this version works? I like to support the vendors who support webOS, but have the major bugs related from earlier version been fixed?

Vendor/developer - are you working on an upgrade for webOS 2.x? If so, what types of enhancements can we look forward to?
    It's pretty basic (especially the UI) but it works well for having mobile access to your passwords. I noticed a bug in one of their releases and they were very responsive and fixed it fairly quickly. I suspect webOS isn't very high on their priority list, probably because of a low installed base.

In all, LastPass is definitely worth the $12/year for me.
    Local data encryption BEFORE the information is sent? That would be a deal breaker for me if it's not done that way. Anyone know what level of encryption is used? Is locally cached data encrypted too?

Update: from their web site - yes to both questions.
    Global Posts
    541 Global Posts
    Major problems with 1.69.1 on my Pre- since re-installed it. I am curious if anyone else is having any problems.

I cannot even get it to open. When I try to log-in, it starts to but just endlessly does it's little whirly thing, never reaches the site list.

I had deactivated my Pre for 4 months. LastPass initially worked when I first logged in, but then I had to do phone reset via the dial code per the Sprint guy, because the actual phone didn't work. Lastpass no longer worked. So I Doctored it back to virgin, and still Lastpass won't work. Also, I can't install the Advanced Launcher patch, which keeps failing to install. So I am guessing something is wrong in a memory register, cache file, etc, and hoping others here have some ideas about it.
    I just upgraded to Premium and installed the app (v1.69.1). When I enter e-mail and password, I start to get the busy circle on login, then everything hangs---the busy animation freezes, the app menu doesn't work, and then I have to kill it.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    well, @ least I'm not the crazy one!! This happened to me last week, and now lastpass app is useless....any solutions? Won't login just whirls for a while, the nothing.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    I just got a reply from Lastpass:

We are not currently compatible with webOS 2.x, I don't have a timeframe for when this will be fixed. For now you'll have to use m.lastpass.com or bookmarklets : Bookmarklets LastPass User Manual
    I have a basic LastPAss account. I still just open my vault from my phone to view passwords. I'm still not sure if I Want to commit to a paid version... but this app may make me switch.
    is autofill still missing? Does anyone know if the necessary API's are announced for 2.x or future webos versions?
    The WebOS app is really basic. Like it was done in a few hours just to get it done. Not much love was given to it. I hope they update it to make it more usable.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dsei View Post
    I just got a reply from Lastpass:

We are not currently compatible with webOS 2.x, I don't have a timeframe for when this will be fixed. For now you'll have to use m.lastpass.com or bookmarklets : Bookmarklets LastPass User Manual
    I'm not being nasty, just hoping to encourage the developers.... I really like LastPass and I'm currently a permium member but my decision to renew will likely hinge upon WebOS 2.x compatability.

dj
    I am having the same problem as several of you -- LastPass no longer loads the list of Groups. When I try to log-in, it starts to but just endlessly does it's little spinning wheel thing, never reaches the site list. This has been like this for over a month for me. I hope Joe sees this and can find a fix.

Patrick

UPDATE: Resolved my problem through LastPass's excellent support team: I had over 1000 entries in my LastPass database, which is the limit for the webOS app. Once I got rid of the excess, everything works fine!
    Last edited by spreng; 05/24/2011 at 11:12 AM.
    Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    Just an FYI for anyone using LastPass and contemplating metadoctoring to WebOS 2.1 - it's working well for me.

dj
    FYI just checked today for kicks - there's an updated version available - 1.75.10! Loaded on my doctored Pre- running 2.1 and now it imported my data successfully.

Finally!
    I have come to really like Last Pass (after the whole Xmarks thing). It works great on my Pre2 and now on my Touchpad. On the Pre2 I can slide open the keyboard and type to search but I can't figure out how to do that on the Touchpad. With hundreds of passwords, it is very much looking for a needle in the haystack to find one now.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Has anyone else received a patch to the pre2 version in the last few days? After patching I noticed one very obnoxious addition: it now re-prompts for every action you do (edit, copy user, copy pass). This is something that's customizabe in the browser plugin, and used to be missing from the webOS version. I've opened a ticket with lastpass on this issue stating that it should either be removed, or made customizable.

Anyone else experiencing this?
    Yes, I installed the update last night on my Touchpad and now have to re-enter the password for every action. What a nuisance! I will put off updating my phone until this is corrected.
    Global Posts
    33 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by spreng View Post
    Yes, I installed the update last night on my Touchpad and now have to re-enter the password for every action. What a nuisance! I will put off updating my phone until this is corrected.
    Yet another app update from LastPass today, still no release notes. Why are they so bad at communicating what's happening with their product to the webOS community?

Has anyone tried the latest update? If so, have you figured out what, if any, changes there are?

~Caleb
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast