Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladin View Post
    Just an FYI, one of my banking sites does not show a username and password to cut/paste. It works on the PC and the vault shows it correctly. I see other sites usernmes and passwords. It seems only the one site. Maybe a beta bug.
    Will look into this -- thanks.

Can you add a view password option please. If I had this I could use it to store non-web passwords and information that I need. That would make it a standard password manager for me.
    It should be there already -- click on the 'password' link under the '(i)' icon

Any way to make a remember password option that would time out after x amount of time?
    hat way I could use it for several hours without re-typing the password yet not have it always remember it. Just like the desktop versions.
    Will see what we can do here...
    Slightly unrelated, but what will it take to get WebOS listed on the front page of the LastPass website? right now it shows iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Symbian and Android.
    I played around and there is no way to add passwords or information. I even tried using a secure note but no go. There is no way to edit a Secure Note on the Pre.

I was REALLY hoping to use lastpass as a password manager for non web related sites for work. This would be GREAT as I could then add/edit/view from the web or Pre but I need the ability to add from the Pre as well. There does not seem an easy way to add a simple system/username/password into lastpass that I can just reference from the app.

Any plans to add this to lastpass in general? As stated; I can just use the secure note if need be but I need to be able to add/edit one from the Pre.

I will look into a stand alone password manager like jvault, it just would have been nice to have an all in one solution.
    Last edited by Paladin; 02/19/2010 at 08:37 PM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!
    Pittsburgh Steelers-6 Time Super Bowl Champions!

Pittsburgh Penguins-3 Time Stanley Cup Champions!
    Global Posts
    866 Global Posts
    Hi Joe, I've been looking for a password manager that works on the desktop and phone for a while, and after seeing mentions of lastpass on the internets, I started researching and decided to take the plunge. Your service seems like it has great functionality, much more than the previous solution I was using (but had given up on as they seemed to have stalled due to financial issues) - passpack.

Anyway, a couple of items for you:

1) You probably know about this bug, but I can get passed the email/password prompt by using any id. When I do get passed it, I cannot see the form-fill profile I have set up (I can see it when I log in with the real password), however, I can see all the sites I have set up. I can click on these to copy the username and password, but it seems that they either do not copy anything (in the case of usernames) or they copy what looks like an encrypted string. So it remains secure for the most part, but obviously a bug.

2) Yubikey looks really neat, but obviously won't work on the Pre. My question is whether there is another technology that is similar to that or to the grid that you have looked at. I know one thing that I've seen around here that people have used (I live in the DC area where there's lots of federal government employees and government contractors) is a keyfob device that has a 4(?)-digit number that changes every minute or so. You have to enter this in addition to your password, so you need to have both. No need to plug it in as it runs on battery power that presumably has a long life. Anyway, I think I'd prefer taking out my keychain to look at this rather than fishing in my wallet for a piece of paper, but maybe that's just my own preference...
    Twitter: @dvdmon

I no longer need lastpass as a normal password manager since i am now using jvault for that.

I still want to use lastpass as my browser password manager. I am noticing several bugs now in 1.0.7.

When I launch lastpass on the Pre it does not show me all of my list, or vault if you will. It scrolls down to about the g's if I scroll slowly but it then rotates back to the top of the list. I have sites beyond G I finally found my banking site using the search feature but the copy username and password never seems to work when I try to paste said information into the log in fields. If I do get it to paste, which could be just the site having to be clicked in the box twice, it pastes the password in there no matter if I said copy username or password. Either one I copy pastes the password.

I also notice that your version of the browser does not support rotating for some reason.

After playing with that I now tried to log in and when I launch lastpass on the Pre I am getting a bad cache error text at the bottom. "load_lpdb catch: badly formed JSON string: '{username: xxxx,password: XXX}'

xxx=my email and XXX= my password as a hash.

So I re-entered the information at the top and it let me log in but I still cannot see my entire vault list.

So I cleared my local cache and closed LP and restarted it again. I am still seeing the error text at the bottom. I log in manually again since it won't save the email even though remember email is on. So I turn that option off to test.

I manually log in and it now downloaded my data again. Again my vault is not showing past the G's and not all of the G's show. I am looking in my vault on the PC and am noticing it stopped right before a set that has a item and item (2). A duplicate. Maybe the Pre version is confused by that? Lets test so I removed the (2) one.

I cleared the local cache again and re-started LP on the Pre.
    I am still seeing that error text at the Bottom and the remember email is turned back on even though I did not do so. I re-log in manually putting in the email/password.
    It downloaded the data again. Same thing. I also tried manually refreshing lastpass sites, no go. I also tried turning on remember password and it gave me a huge error string before he login was displayed at the bottom..

I have now deleted the application and re installed from the SMS option on the developer page to see if this addresses any issues.

Now at version 1.64.4
    Error text is now gone but I still cannot see all of my vault. So there is a bug there at least.
    EDIT: I just re-ran LP again and the error text is back.... it is different text now though.
    "load_lpdb catch: badly formed JSON string: '{accts_version: 207,jconversion: 136, groups:{0:{name:favorites}... there is a lot more....

I can search and find my sites so it seems to have downloaded them but I cannot just see them in the vault list on the Pre and cannot copy paste as stated above, only getting the password pasted. bug in my vault maybe but the PC side works fine....

Just trying to help
    Last edited by Paladin; 03/03/2010 at 09:55 AM.
    Systems Analyst by trade, Drummer by desire and Music Lover by birth. A self proclaimed Geek and gadget nut. ii

Did you know: The Pittsburgh Steelers have more championships than 21 other NFL teams combined!

After playing with that I now tried to log in and when I launch lastpass on the Pre I am getting a bad cache error text at the bottom. "load_lpdb catch: badly formed JSON string: '{username: xxxx,password: XXX}'
    Yeah, me too, I just got updated to 1.0.8 and am now getting the above error I just paid for it too
    I'm giving LastPass a try based purely on the fact that there is a webOS client available. I use KeePass right now, and really like it, but there's no webOS client for that.

The browser plug-in model of LastPass feels a little foreign to me. It seems like the LastPass prompts are more complicated than the browser's built-in password manager. The UI is very Spartan and seems like it could use a good graphic designer's touch. Finally, when I changed a password on a site, it created a new site entry instead of updating the existing one. So now I've got my original, information-rich entry with the wrong password and a separate uncategorized site entry with the new password.

But since this about webOS, I have some comments specifically about that:

The app doesn't look and feel nearly as good as a built-in webOS application. A work in progress, I guess.

If I search (by typing) when groups are showing, it searches the groups. I have to be inside a group to search for entries. It should always search for site entries. For example, I don't think, "I'm going to Amazon, so I'll first search for the 'shopping' group, then search in there for amazon.com." I just want my Amazon password from the start.

Embedding a browser within the application seems like a losing proposition. I guess that's an attempt to work around webOS limitations, but I'd rather just have it launch the full browser and rely on the copy and paste of usernames and passwords by quickly swapping apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by wcarlson40 View Post
    Yeah, me too, I just got updated to 1.0.8 and am now getting the above error I just paid for it too
    I'm getting the same error. But i have found that if you Clear Local Cache every time before you close the program you are able to log in again and everything works fine. Just have to remember to clear the cache otherwise i can't log in again after closing the program.
    Installed it this past weekend!
    Misc electronic organizers > Cassiopeia > palm pilot III > Palm Pilot VII/Zire 21 > Treo 90 > Treo 650 > PPC6700 > Treo 755p > PPC6800 > Palm Pro > Palm Pre
  10.    #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by zuko3984 View Post
    I'm getting the same error. But i have found that if you Clear Local Cache every time before you close the program you are able to log in again and everything works fine. Just have to remember to clear the cache otherwise i can't log in again after closing the program.
    Sorry we are working on this -- webos 1.4 changed their JSON encoding significantly causing it to break us pretty badly..
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Siegrist View Post
    Sorry we are working on this -- webos 1.4 changed their JSON encoding significantly causing it to break us pretty badly..
    Thanks! Please don't give up on us or WebOS. I really do love and use LP every day and will get the premium subscription as soon as this seems to work for me.

My trial is up in a day or so so I will have to rely on users here to let me know if it works unless you reset this to test.

I wish Palm would let developers know of things they are changing so you guys would have time to fix it ahead of time. How hard would that be.

Thanks again for the WebOS version BTW.

Global Posts
    530 Global Posts
    Thank you...

I'm a huge LastPass fan after switching from 1Password a few weeks back. My initial move was to my Blackberry, but it was one of the Apps I verified as available on WebOS before switching, I likely would have stuck with my Blackberry until you made a WebOS app.

I have LastPass on both my Macs and my PC at work, the Pre is the icing
    Hi, just checking to see if this is still being worked on. ii

Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    1.09 was released. I'm using it now with 1.4.1.1 and it works ok so far. Great app but does need improvement. Overall I'm happy since its one developer that doesn't get hang up on iphone/ipad bonanza
    I just upgraded to premium to test and it seems to be working.
    I love the program so don't mind spending a $1/month for it at all, if I can support it great. I love the program and use it every day. ii

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts
    I figured I'd go to the source for feedback on LastPass' initial offering on WebOS.

We're curious what the community would like to see here. Is adding/editing on the device important to you? PIN code protection instead of username/password?

I'm coming a bit late to this question, I guess, but I just found and am trying out LastPass. So far I like it quite well and will likely opt for the premium service. I am looking for a replacement for Chapaura's TurboPasswords and so far LastPass equals or exceeds the features I used on TurboPasswords. I still have to get used to the idea of cloud-based storage of this type on info, but it looks like that’s inevitable over time.

Adding and editing information on my Pre is a critical feature to me because I store lots of info besides website access credentials. I will most likely sign up for the premium service when my trial is over (or sooner) but will not likely continue it in a year if I can’t add and edit on the Pre by then. (Just a note, the LastPass website says you can "view, add, edit and delete ... from you WebOS device" so I downloaded it expecting that functionality now.)

The current username/password login doesn’t seem any more difficult than a PIN, but maybe that’s because my password is shorter then some use. Either option would be adequate for my use.

dj

p.s. - the import of data from TurboPasswords went very well. Thanks for that feature!
    i use last pass on all my computers but while i am willing to pay for this app I am not willing to pay $1 a month let alone $12 for a year. the dollar a month option needs to go bye bye ASAP.

I would pay a one time fee though of $8.00
    Last edited by delete2end; 07/14/2010 at 08:42 PM.
    Global Posts
    64 Global Posts
    I listen to Leo LaPorte's TWIT network and he has been talking positively about LastPass for a few months now. I never really considered it because I was happy with 1Password on my Macbook and iPod Touch. Since 1Password is Mac only I was manually entering passwords onto sites I visited with my PC desktop, using the iPod as the repository for these passwords. When I got my Pre last month, the first thing I looked for was a 1Password version for the Pre. Of course I didn't find one, but didn't give it much thought since I carry my Touch everywhere I go and it carried my passwords. I was happy to see that 1Password is now in beta for Windows, but not so happy that their support site continuously said they were only working on Apple mobile devices. (Though it's funny that there now appears to be an Android version too.)

Anyway, I was recently reminded of LastPass when I heard Leo Laporte and Steve Gibson talking about it on Security Now. They both raved about it, so I looked into the program once again. I was surprised to see that there is a WebOS version of some sort. Now I really love 1Password. It has worked for me for the 3 years I've had my Mac, even though with no Windows version, it was sometimes incovenient for me to use. I recommended it to everyone I know with a Mac; I must have sold a dozen licenses.

I can't blame a developer for developing for the more lucrative platforms (in this case adding an Android version and not a WebOS version); they're in business, and the large platforms bring in the most money for the work involved. Conversely, just as a developer has to look out for his financial interests, a customer, even a customer on a small platform like WebOS, maybe especially a customer on a small platform like WebOS, has to look for what is in his best interest and encourage developers to develop for that platform. All this is to say that I don't know much about the WebOS version of LastPass, but I just installed it and will subscribe to the premium version. I hope others do as well,and that the makers of LastPass get the support they need from HP/Palm, and that development of the WebOS version continues.

Thanks,
    JD
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Just wanted to add to this thread to say that I've purchased a premium account as well as referred several family members to Lastpass premium. I'm a big fan of the service and really hope the webOS app gets more attention.

Functionally it's working fine as is. I just think it needs some attention in the UI and "fit and finish" areas.

thanks
    I just discovered this app due to a review in the NYT, IIRC. Haven't got it yet...keep reading...

Quote Originally Posted by noco37 View Post
    Slightly unrelated, but what will it take to get WebOS listed on the front page of the LastPass website? right now it shows iPhone, BlackBerry, Windows Phone, Symbian and Android.
    Agreed, Here it is, almost the end of the year, and WebOS is still regulated to the bottom of the barrel. What gives?

What's even more amazing is that I can't seem to find LastPass in the WebOS app store. I have a Sprint Pixi.

I refuse to download an app to my desktop and sync to my Pixi, as that process is so...Treo.

Seriously, I don't need/want a desktop app for LastPass,even if that's what they offer. I want to use my Pixi as a second, separate "laptop."

With WebOS 2.0 around the corner, maybe there is hope for even a better version of this app.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast